January 2020 Garnets

Beautiful scan pics Sophie!!

Goingforit my scan is next Wednesday too!

Hope the spotting stops OnErth.

Wonder who will have the first girl LOL.

Still loving my doppler over here, it should keep me sane until I start feeling movement, which probably won't be anytime soon because I have an anterior placenta again. In the last week I've been able to hear Baby moving with the doppler which is really cool. I find if I eat ice cream before it really gets him going just like with DS. Good excuse to eat ice cream I say! :haha:

I'm obviously not very with it atm with the house move. My scan is definitely Monday 12th at 9am. Been awake since 3am...today is the day. Most things are packed in removal van so just ladt bits. Eek.

When did you find out you have an anterior placenta? I had this with my first and wondered if this was the case again. Glad to hear your doppler is giving you comfort. I could do with it being Monday already. I've heard lots of sad stories lately and it's got my worried tbh.

The spotting stopped. Idk. Its weird.

The meeting with the midwife didnt go well. She wont work. On to the next plan. Which may mean no midwife. Im not sure.

Sorry to hear it didn't go well and won't work. It all sounds very different to the UK. I am sure something will work out for the best for you. If you have no midwife...what does that mean for you?

Pleased to hear the spotting has stopped xx

Hi Girls! Lovely to see a few more scans beng posted :cloud9:

I've just caught up, it's exciting when you can start to buy stuff whether it's maternity wear or baby stuff, starts to feel real!

I can't believe I'm 14 weeks tomorrow! I've felt like I've been on pause the last couple of weeks while I catch up after my due date was put back 2 weeks :lol: so now I'm back reading my pregnancy apps every day haha.

I've been having some sharp pain and cramps the last couple of days - i know it's normal to an extent but at what point would you call your midwife if you were concerned? I don't want to waste anyones time if it's completely normal, but the thing that's worrying me is that my stomach has been tender to touch, although I just don't know whether that's to do with constipation etc? Any advice would be massively appreciated ladies as I've been quite worried for the past few days <3

xo

It sounds like your pain could be round ligament pain. If you feel it's really bad then I would be calling the midwife to discuss it. You've got to put yourself first for the baby. If it doesn't feel right...get advice. I hope the pain eases xx

Sorry to hear it didn't go well and won't work. It all sounds very different to the UK. I am sure something will work out for the best for you. If you have no midwife...what does that mean for you?

Pleased to hear the spotting has stopped xx
I was also thinking this. Being from the UK we all have a local designated midwife which we see all the way through, and then each hospital has midwifes who deliver the baby.

Do hospitals in US not have midwifes? Who does all the anti natal checks? I find it so strange how different it all is in other countries lol. Xx

I agree with the others, if you ever are wondering whether to call, just call. I’d much rather a midwife thought I was irritating or silly than have something wrong.

Goingforit hope the moves goes well!

I'm obviously not very with it atm with the house move. My scan is definitely Monday 12th at 9am. Been awake since 3am...today is the day. Most things are packed in removal van so just ladt bits. Eek.

When did you find out you have an anterior placenta? I had this with my first and wondered if this was the case again. Glad to hear your doppler is giving you comfort. I could do with it being Monday already. I've heard lots of sad stories lately and it's got my worried tbh.

They mentioned the anterior placenta at my 9 week scan - it's all I've ever known! I'm sure your scan will be great but I understand your fear. I kept reading about people who got a bad outcome from their NIPT results and was half convinced the same thing was going to happen to me. Can't wait to hear about your little bean!

OnErth did you not like the midwife you met with? There is a new midwife at the clinic I go to and so far I don't care for her at all. Thankfully there are 3 others who I really like there or I'd be looking elsewhere. Hope you can find someone who's a better fit.

In the us, some hosp6have midwives but they arent traditional midwives. Most women see an OBGYN for their pregnancy. Then we have traditional midwives who come to the house and do homebirth.

She changed what she said for her fee and where we would meet. Ive been looking at others but they all want a $500 deposit.
At this second, I likely will just be at home and then go to the hospital to give birth.

Wow so many boys in the group!! Congrats everyone! Wonder who will be the first to join team girl...We find out on the 19th - can't wait!

Anyone else finding out soon?

OnErth - I’m sorry the meeting with the midwife didn’t go well. I hope whatever you settle on is still a positive experience for you.

How is everybody doing? I feel like I am growing all the time. We were visiting our friends yesterday, and the girl asked if I am sure there is only 1 baby? I am 12 weeks and 2 days but there is no hiding the bump.
Have any of you felt the baby move yet? With my first 2 I felt the movements very late because of the position if the placenta (20th week with nr.1, 18th with nr.2), but today while laying down after cleaning the house for hours I kinda felt a flutter few times in half an hour.. I know the baby is still small so I think those are just gass but..can't wait.
My big 1st trimester scan is in Tuesday, can't wait to see my little bean again ♡
I always wanted to make a colage with my growing bump but with my first 2 kids I never had the right time, so now I am trying to make one. This is weeks 4-12.

1563025799907.jpg

How is everybody doing? I feel like I am growing all the time. We were visiting our friends yesterday, and the girl asked if I am sure there is only 1 baby? I am 12 weeks and 2 days but there is no hiding the bump.
Have any of you felt the baby move yet? With my first 2 I felt the movements very late because of the position if the placenta (20th week with nr.1, 18th with nr.2), but today while laying down after cleaning the house for hours I kinda felt a flutter few times in half an hour.. I know the baby is still small so I think those are just gass but..can't wait.
My big 1st trimester scan is in Tuesday, can't wait to see my little bean again ♡
I always wanted to make a colage with my growing bump but with my first 2 kids I never had the right time, so now I am trying to make one. This is weeks 4-12.

View attachment 1064427

Sorry to jump in hon but I love the colage. I really want to do one but dont know which is the best app to use. What app did u use.
U look so good hon. Sexy momma <3

I did pics with dd2, this baby list every 10wks.

I swear I feel rolling in the same spot but I'm passing it off as gas too.

I have my 12 week appointment in 2 days but no ultrasound I don’t think. Not sure why they only use the Doppler at that one. Bummer, I really wants to see baby.
That definitely looks like a baby belly Pukite. Mine just looks looks like I have a gut. Waiting for bloat to go away and then I will take my first belly pic.

Pukite, your bump is amazing! I cannot wait to have a bump but as I'm overweight I think it will be a while xx

I have my next scan on 22nd August when I'll be one day before 20 weeks :) definitely going to find out what I'm having if possible. Hoping for team pink! I don't feel as though I will have any more children after this, I don't know why, maybe because of my circumstances, so I'd love the chance to have a girl. Plus FOB already has a son, and he is one of 3 boys too so I feel like it will be nice for him too. But obviously priority is healthy baby <3

I'm definitely starting to get a little bump, although to anyone else at this point it will just look like I'm just putting weight on my lower stomach :lol: my stomach is a lot firmer to touch than it has been. I'm plus size too (UK16) so it will be nice when I actually have a bump and not just feel fatter than usual :rofl:

xo

I've been feeling random flutters since around 13-14 weeks but I still haven't felt any regular ones yet, and usually I go days between each feeling. I'm hoping to be able to feel them regularly soon though so it'll be another ease of mind to make sure everything is still going ok. I've been tempted to get a doppler too but I'm worried about stressing myself out more if I can't find the hb this early.

I love that bump collage, it's so cute. I'm overweight, about size 14 in the US so I had a poochy belly before but now it's finally starting to round out and I've grown 3 inches even with losing 5 pounds, but I'm still at that point where it's hard to tell if I'm just getting fatter or if there's a baby in there lol I can't wait until I pop.

Hello!

Love the photos Pukite...if I looked that good I'd take regular photos too! I'm a uk 16 too so I go through stages or thinking I'm looking pregnant and then fat. I have put on a lot of weight since IVF in January too.

So we've moved into our new home...it's gross...dirty. Taking so much time to clean it before we can unpack which is rather frustrating but we are getting there. My scan is tomorrow. Monday 12th at 9am. I have been feeling fine lately and just really hope all is okay. These past few days have been survival with the move. Last night we had a regular meal and I loved it...chicken and vegetables

Anyhow another busy day ahead for me. Good luck to those who have their scans this week...I look forward to seeing your photos :)

That’s a fantastic collage! Im still mostly flab too lol. I’m a UK 12/14 but I’ve had to start wearing 16 bottoms now from where my tummy is growing! I’ve caved and brought some maternity jeans but I’m so so worried I’ve jinxed myself now! I ordered online so they aren’t here yet though.
My next scan is the 19th but I’ve freaked myself out again as I’m feeling so much better. I’ve also stopped having to pee during the night the past couple nights which has made me worry? Although maybe baby is moving up? No idea when that happens?
Glad everyone is doing well! Good luck to those with scans coming up!
I’m so jealous of those feeling flutters! I thought it would be much further on that this happens so I’m hoping I start feeling things in a few weeks!
Goingforit, glad the move went well - sorry it’s dirty! Hope you get it sorted quickly :)

That’s a fantastic collage! Im still mostly flab too lol. I’m a UK 12/14 but I’ve had to start wearing 16 bottoms now from where my tummy is growing! I’ve caved and brought some maternity jeans but I’m so so worried I’ve jinxed myself now! I ordered online so they aren’t here yet though.
My next scan is the 19th but I’ve freaked myself out again as I’m feeling so much better. I’ve also stopped having to pee during the night the past couple nights which has made me worry? Although maybe baby is moving up? No idea when that happens?
Glad everyone is doing well! Good luck to those with scans coming up!
I’m so jealous of those feeling flutters! I thought it would be much further on that this happens so I’m hoping I start feeling things in a few weeks!
Goingforit, glad the move went well - sorry it’s dirty! Hope you get it sorted quickly :)

Red I posted a few days back about suddenly feeling fine and I can't help but worry either! I have been getting some occasional stretching pains, I have been napping and my boobs are a bit tender but nothing like they were and instead of thinking well this is awesome because I feel fine, I keep thinking the worst #-oI have my 12 week scan on Thursday which also happens to be my birthday so I am hoping and praying for good news, I am being consultant led too so I don't get the early morning ones like all the midwife led mothers-to-be, I have to go in at 3pm so will spend the whole day worrying too! I don't think we'll ever stop worrying but I think I'd rather be a worrier than someone who is blissfully unaware x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->