January 2020 Garnets

I normally am busy cleaning and preparing for baby by this time, Literati. But I can't find the energy to do anything right now! I'm convincing myself that it's a good thing that I'm "relaxing" now before baby comes... though I realistically should be tidying up the place, at least a little bit, lol!

Congratulations Ana! What a beautiful little boy. Does he have a name yet?

I had a false labour scare yday which was frustrating. I'm stuck in a place atm of wanting him to be here and hoping any sign is labour, to hoping he will stay put until Tuesday as I have my driving test lol!

Its so exciting now. We've had December babies but I wander who the 1st January baby will be!?

Aww congratulations Ana he’s adorable! What have you called him?

Mommyprice I’m not having a photographer in the room and don’t have other children, although I don’t think I’d want them there if I did. It’s a difficult decision and very personal though. I just wouldn’t want them to see me in pain, and honestly I find it all a bit gross with all the blood and fluid etc!

Literati I feel the same as you. I’m so tired and just laze about (still working at the moment but struggling with that now), then I feel guilty for being lazy. I’ve put on too much weight which is getting me down. We still don’t have a kitchen and microwave meals, crap snacks and takeout, plus third trimester is hard! Can’t wait for nesting to kick in now!

Sophie I know what you mean about being conflicted about them arriving. It still feels very surreal.

Glad some of you can relate!

going for it - that definitely sounds like your nesting instincts might have kicked in! I hope you can keep it up! For both of my previous pregnancy, I only had 1 or 2 days of “nesting” in my entire pregnancy - usually in the last week or two before giving birth! I am a seriously unmotivated pregnant person, but I admire those who accomplish a lot! Thankfully, once the baby is born I feel more up to getting things done (although then I often can’t because the baby needs me constantly)!

MommyPrice - it probably is good to just enjoy the relaxing while we can! Hopefully both of us will get a slight uptake in energy before our babies arrive so that we don’t leave absolutely everything until it’s too late!

Sophie - I’m sorry you had a false labour scare as well! They are no fun. I understand being torn between wanting baby here and wanting baby to stay put so you can do your driving test. Hopefully you can get your test over with and then go into labour once you’re safely home!

Red head - glad I’m not the only one. I am the same with being lazy and then feeling guilty about it. I am also still working but only have a week to go at least! When is your last day? I think I remember you wanted to go fairly close to your due date? I don’t have much to do at work, so it makes it even harder to stay motivated.
Try not to beat yourself up about the weight gain and the extra snacking. It’s hard in the third trimester and a lot of it is out of your control anyway. I have gained a bit less weight (but still plenty!) this time around, but in my other pregnancies I gained a LOT in the third trimester. I was able to lose it all both times. It can take hard work and some time, but I’m sure you’ll able to lose it eventually as well, so try to just enjoy this time and not stress about the weight! Hugs!

We planned the kids to be in the room for dd3 but with the unexpected csection, that couldnt happen. I would not have minded 1 bit. They are old enough to understand what's going on. Younger and im not sure. Only because of how long it can take, not the gross factor (they clean up so quick, no one notices anyway).

Dd3 is working on nursing. Her latch needs work. No bottles since 1/2. I gave her last one right when we left and decide that was that. Nursing was either going to work or it wasnt. Im seeing a LC Tuesday. I havent scheduled her first ped appointment yet as we are still waiting on DHs insurance to get it together....

Did anyone get an increased amount of cervical mucus around 37weeks? I've had tonnes the past 4 days and just wondered if it was normal.

I don't recall it with my first but then you forget so much

Good luck with the LC consultant OnErth.

I have the same goingforit and it's gross! I can't say it's new exactly though.

Congrats Anababe, he is adorable!! Hope you are settling into a nice routine.

That's great that you've gotten to go home OnErth, must be a wonderful feeling.

I have my bouts of nesting where I'm on fire but many times where I'm just knackered and have no energy to do anything even though I really want to. I've also started having dizzy spells if I haven't eaten enough which aren't much fun.

Had a really intense dizzy spell on Friday night, it was crazy!! Our power went out due to a windstorm and since DH and I were exhausted we managed to convince DS that we should all just go to bed at 7 PM. It was glorious, up until I suddenly woke up pouring sweat with the room spinning. I crawled out of bed and lay down on the tile floor where it was cold and then realized that I was terribly hungry. DH ended up in the dark kitchen lighting our gas stove with matches so he could heat me up some food and I was fine after.

10 days until my c-section and Thursday is my last day of work! Oh and Sunday is DS's 4th birthday so we'll be having a party with about 16 children and their parents...after that I think I can finally relax LOL.

That sounds scary Fit_Mama! I'm glad to hear you were feeling okay after eating.

Goingforit - I usually get a lot of mucus in the couple weeks before delivering (but it's more like chunks of my mucus plug I think).

Going for it - that is very normal! I’ve already had a huge increase in CM in the last few weeks. However, from 37+ weeks on I would also start losing my mucous plug, as someone else stated above! So it could be that or just normal extra CM! Either way, just your body preparing for birth! :)

Fit mama - that’s great that you at least get some bouts of nesting! That would be handy haha. I can’t believe your c-section is in 10 days’ woohoo! So exciting that Thursday is your last day of work! Friday is my last day, so we’re pretty much mat leave twins. ;) That birthday party sounds very busy! I hope it is fun and not too exhausting! Hopefully you’ll get to relax a bit before your c-section!
That is too bad about the dizzy spells! I used to get Hypoglycaemic attacks all the time. I haven’t really had any since 22ish weeks but I always get them horribly when I’m breastfeeding because my body can’t keep up with the calories. I hope you don’t have any more of those. That was sweet of your husband to make you something with the power out!

AFM - I had another MFM appointment today. Baby’s growth is steady. She’s weighing about 7 lb 8 oz. Thankfully, my amniotic fluids have actually gone down from about a 10 to 8.4, so now it is just a very mild case and they aren’t really worried about the associated complications. I most likely won’t have to be induced now, but they’ll see me again between 39-40 weeks just to check on me. I am relieved to know I am not as high risk anymore and that I probably won’t need an induction! :)

Fitmama sorry to hear about your dizzy spells. It sounds scary. So pleased your husband was there looking after you. Good luck with the party...I hope it isn't too stressful for you. I am with you on nesting and exhaustion. I didn't achieve much yesterday at all

Thanks for the replies...it is gross in the sheer amount of it but nothing looking like a plug yet. I'm so excited that I should have my baby in my arms in 2 weeks time Section the 20th. We are all so close now girls

Literati that's great news that they are happy with baby amd fluid now. Must be a relief. Enjoy the countdown til your maternity leave...not much longer! I find it amazing how they can tell the weight of your baby. I've never had baby measured but would be keen to see how accurate their weights are. My first was 9lb8oz but 10 days over so with the section I'm hoping this baby will be lighter/smaller

Hope you all don't mind but I'm hoping for some advise and don't know where else to ask.

Had anyone else got really overbearing in-laws? How do you handle them?

MIL has to share her opinion on everything and I honestly felt under so much extra pressure after having my first daughter that it stressed me out. Things like I shouldn't breastfeed as it wasn't fair on my hubby and constant comparing or her to other babies etc. They would come visit and stay for like 8hrs despite it being obviousI was cooking etc.

Anyhow we moved almost 500miles away when LO was 7 months. Definitely a good break for me from them. Now my dilemma is that they've never stayed in our house when visiting as my SIL is disabled and they had an adapted motorhome which they have used. They have sold this recently as it was becoming too much for the inlaws so now the dilemma is where they will stay.

The thought of them staying here is just too much. I genuinely fear for my mental health having no escape from them and just having had a child. I would have thought my husband would understand this but it's caused an argument and I just feel so concerned about it. Help!

Oh gosh you poor thing! That sounds insane! Unfair on your husband to breastfeed?! I can completely understand why you can’t have them stay there. Can you look into places that are suitably adapted for your SIL so they feel you’re helping them out (if she is coming with them?). If it’s just them it is more difficult - I would just be honest and say that you are concerned about the sleeping arrangements with a new born, don’t want to keep them up all night, don’t want to feel you can’t sleep during the day etc. I hope your husband can understand and support you.

I hope everyone else is going okay? I have been reading along but don’t always have time to respond. Literati that’s really good news for you!

Just popping in for a minute to announce my little man arrived, Kyrin Alexander (his name is pronounced like Siren, but with a K), born 1-6-20 at 9lbs 1oz and 20.5in long, and a super full head of hair. He was a chunk after all lol I'll post more later on, just wanted to announce so y'all were updated since I'm going to be busy for a bit.

20200106_174922.jpg

Congratulations Beadle he is adorable. Look at all that hair Hope labour went well and that you are both okay x

Congratulations Beadle he’s adorable! So much hair! Hope you’re both doing well x

OnErth you are right ...It wouldn't work. I just feel mean saying no as my parents arrive tomorrow and will stay with us but my parents will blend into the background and are so easy going.

Redhead great idea about finding possible places for them to stay! They will come with SIL as they are her carer. They've even made numerous comments about us all buying one big house and living together. Think they worry what will happen to SIL when they can no longer do it but carers will have to step in. It's just too much for me to take on and such a different relationship. I also thought this morning that I could use their dog as another good reason they can't stay. Sounds awful doesn't it but he yaps all the time and the tranisition for our dog with the baby is enough to have to cope with.

Luckily my husband and I had a chat about it all after we put our lo to bed. I asked him to open up about his thoughts and try to understand that my mental weellbeing was more important for our family. I think it's harder for me as he goes to work so gets to escape from them. Plus he just allows his mum to take over and mother him. I feel much better for sharing and seeking your advise. Thank you!

I've had an increase in heart burn these past few days and found sleeping tricky. I should be blessed that I've slept well up until now I suppose.

OnErth how did the LC go?

Hope everyone else is okay. Great to see more baby pics

Goingforit, I also have a smother-in-law who manages to turn her 6 foot 2 big burly man of a son in to a little boy every time she feels like, I am just lucky with the timing on this baby as her other son decided to leave his wife and he is dragging her in to all his business so she's too preoccupied to bother me. My advice to you would be just to put your foot down, it's your home and whatever you want to do should be understood as it's tough enough adjusting to life with a newborn, let alone doing that while stressing out about in-laws. I fell out with mine for a bit after the birth of my daughter as she said that I wasn't letting her have a look in because I decided to leave my job to stay home and take care of my baby when she kept trying every which way to get me back in work because she knew that would mean that she would have to mind my daughter while I was there as my mum works full time, she was even trying to convince my husband that we'd lose the house if I didn't go back but my husband has a really good job and can pay all the bills comfortably every month :-k:rofl:
Congratulations on the new arrival (sorry, I didn't notice who posted ](*,)maybe Beadle was it?) Hope all is well with you all.
I have all my big appointments tomorrow, I keep getting heart palps as I'm so nervous! I'm like 99% sure I'll be coming out of the hospital tomorrow with a date and I'm bricking it! On another note, anyone know if what I pack in a hospital bag for a C-section is any different to what I'd pack for a natural birth? Aaaargh so scary/exciting!! 8-[

Congratulations Beadle! I'm so jealous of his hair! All my kids were born bald, and even at 2 years old, my daughter has less hair than your son. He's gorgeous!

Bumblebee - I know others may have better advice, but I had an unexpected cesarean with my twins, and I didn't find that I needed anything extra. But I'm sure that if you know you'll need one, you can get things for physical support maybe?

Goingforit - I'm glad you were able to talk with your partner. It's hard to put your foot down, and make sure you're mental wellbeing is being placed first, but it's so important. If you don't feel comfortable, then that's it! You shouldn't have to do anything you're uncomfortable with.

AFM - My doctor is really nice, and agrees to most anything I ask. BUT - he doesn't remember agreeing and procrastinates so badly. His appointments with me are literally 2 minutes long, one time he was talking on his cell phone for the whole duration, and another was so quick he just asked me if I had any bleeding in the hallway, and told me to make my next appointment. He hasn't measured my belly (fundal height) at all, or done anything to make sure baby is okay (since I'm gestational diabetic on insulin shots). I feel like I'm just a number on a conveyor belt. He told me twice that he would call in to make my induction for January 16th, and now I found out he forgot to and he's now booked up. He's trying to see if anyone else in the clinic can do it for next week. I tried to transfer to another clinic, but no one can take me. Just really stressed out - ugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->