January Hopefuls...What's next for us???

I've had some frustration lately because I sprained my ankle pretty badly recently, and I was on crutches for two weeks. I've already been gaining weight, and I'm afraid it's going to affect our TTC journey :( Which is probably dumb because I'm not even overweight yet, but also working out and playing sports is my normal stress relief, when I can just forget about all my problems in life. And now I'm going on two weeks without being able to do anything!! :brat::cry:

Question for more experienced ladies....do you think a weak O could be why I never got a +opk?? Mine got darker, and then lighter, but was definitely never the same as the control line. I don't know how all the interactions work with LH surge, but it makes sense in my mind that maybe a weak O wouldn't produce as much? I'm so confused! I'm hoping that maybe telling my dr that my opk was never positive will help in my case for a stronger dose of Clomid.

Hi Jayhawk... without an LH surge, you won't release an egg at all. But just because you never saw a pos OPK doesnt necessarily mean you didn't have a surge. You could've missed the surge if it was a short one. I've also read of some ladies that have never gotten a pos OPK in their lives, and they have two or three kids (that's rare). Maybe for some women, it isn't as concentrated in their urine as other women. I'm assuming you don't temp, right? That would be the only way to tell for sure. But I do agree with you, that if you tell your Dr that you never got a pos OPK, that would be one reason for them to raise your Clomid to 100mg. I think thats the protocol followed by most Drs anyway.

Btw, there was ONE month in the whole 14 months I've been TTC that I didnt get a pos OPK. My temps still went up on my chart though, so I assume I did O, and that I just missed the surge. It might've been a really, really short one for me, I dont know. I just know it was the very first and only cycle that I didnt get a pos OPK.

Question for more experienced ladies....do you think a weak O could be why I never got a +opk?? Mine got darker, and then lighter, but was definitely never the same as the control line. I don't know how all the interactions work with LH surge, but it makes sense in my mind that maybe a weak O wouldn't produce as much? I'm so confused! I'm hoping that maybe telling my dr that my opk was never positive will help in my case for a stronger dose of Clomid.

Hi Jayhawk... without an LH surge, you won't release an egg at all. But just because you never saw a pos OPK doesnt necessarily mean you didn't have a surge. You could've missed the surge if it was a short one. I've also read of some ladies that have never gotten a pos OPK in their lives, and they have two or three kids (that's rare). Maybe for some women, it isn't as concentrated in their urine as other women. I'm assuming you don't temp, right? That would be the only way to tell for sure. But I do agree with you, that if you tell your Dr that you never got a pos OPK, that would be one reason for them to raise your Clomid to 100mg. I think thats the protocol followed by most Drs anyway.

Btw, there was ONE month in the whole 14 months I've been TTC that I didnt get a pos OPK. My temps still went up on my chart though, so I assume I did O, and that I just missed the surge. It might've been a really, really short one for me, I dont know. I just know it was the very first and only cycle that I didnt get a pos OPK.

No, I haven't been temping out of mostly laziness lol. But I'm planning on starting next cycle!!! I figured I wouldn't need to with opk's and progesterone testing, but since both of those have been a little confusing, I would feel better if I had a temp chart to cross-reference with.

What is up with all of our charts...maybe we should rename the thread to the wonky chart group?? :) Hoping moni and erose get some answers soon and that FBG and I get some high temps and our CH's!

My opk was clearly negative today, so I am hoping that means I O'd.

Chart experts...I need your help!! I barely slept last night, I think I was too excited to temp this morning. I woke up at 1am and didn't fall back to sleep until 3am, woke up at 4:30am and dozed off around 5:30 to wake up to the alarm at 6. My temp was 98.0 at 4:30 and 98.2 at 6:00am...would these even be accurate? I stayed in bed the entire time resting. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Yes, your temps are good. I would've done the same as you, and used the 98.2 temp from 6am. Looking good. If your temp continues up, you'll get CHs tomorrow, so I'm sure you're excited. :)

I guess there are a few of us emotional on the thread today. I have no idea what's going on, and I want to start my clomid again so bad, it's killing me. I feel like every day that goes by, is a day lost. But the worst part is that I dont have a CLUE when AF will be here. A few ladies on my 35+ thread said they had super light AF after their m/c, because the bleeding was so heavy during the m/c, that the lining just didnt do much building up in that first month following, so they think I should consider my first day of RED spotting as CD1. I've always heard it usually has to be a full flow, but maybe after a m/c, there is nothing "usual" about the first month. So now I'm torn... if I consider the first day of red spotting CD1, then I would start my clomid tomorrow. But I dont want to do anything wrong.

Beaglemom, I'm really sorry for what you're dealing with. TTC is so stressful as it is, and with each month that goes by, I know we each want it more and more. You have been very supportive of your DH, from what you've told us, it sounds like you go out of your way to make him feel better, and to keep him from getting anxiety. But you are correct... we're the women, and we endure a lot more. I understand what you're feeling while he wants to go out and take pics and act like its a normal day, while all you can think about is what you're not getting in order to get prego. Sometimes its really hard to go about a normal day when something like that happens. I wish I had some advice for you. I dont know if you're interested in the counseling that haleiwamama mentioned. It sounds to me like you guys have a really great relationship (just from the last few months we've all been chatting), but maybe a therapist could give HIM tips on how to relax and shut his brain off when its time to BD. But then again, you're going for the IUI, so counseling might not be necessary for that purpose. You might be able to get him to BD tonight or tomorrow. Or your Dr's office might end up being open and working out anyway! Stay positive... assume that the Dr's office will be open, and that your O will coincide perfectly. Btw, do they have his spermies frozen? Or does he have to supply a sample right when you go in?

Hi ladies, I agree with ERose, it sounds like you have a very solid relationship with DH.. I'm not implying by any means that you and DH need therapy... when DH and I went, we definitely needed it but even after we had no issues we kept going... even the most perfect of relationships could benefit from it.. therapy helps you discover a lot of things about yourself... its not about having issues... I just got the feeling that you were feeling alone in this because while you have been so supportive of DH, it doesnt sound like you feel as supported by him.. I know I hated feeling like that.. and that's when i used what I learned in therapy... that's why I mentioned it... I tell all my friends to go to therapy, whether they're married or not, even if they have no issues... My therapist actually called me to thank me for all the referrals I sent her way.. and all my friends love it too. When you find a good one it's a really positive experience...

Maybe his way of coping is to disconnect for a while and that's why he likes to take pictures, it helps him not think about this and relax a little... I know it's something you dont want to do because of how you feel, but I think it would be valid to do that together... it definitely won't do any damage.. it might actually work.. like I said before, i might actually open the door for a good talk about how you're feeling...

IDK, just a thought... I didn't mean to offend anybody... I just really love doing therapy... I used to feel that therapy was for people with serious issues until a friend started going for no reason at all and told me about it... best thing I ever did... totally changed my perspective about therapy and helped me personally, helped me discover things about myself (therapists have good bs meters, thats what mine said haha).. anyways, hope you werent offended.

All the best to you! :)

I dont think anyone was offended at all... I agree that therapy is good for anyone, even without issues. It makes you realize things you never would've thought of before. It gives you a lot of "aha!" moments. I went to one myself once, even though I didnt have any issues. I was single at the time, and trying to make a huge life decision, and just thought I'd see whether talking to an unbiased person would give me that "aha!" moment. It did. ;)

Hello y'all I'm new to this, this is my first round of clomid 50mg cd3-7 also on metformin 1500 mg for 6 months which helped regulate me from 1 AF a year to a 28 day cycle which is awesome . I am currently on cd13 Started having ovary pain 2 days ago mostly while using the bathroom and BD'ing . Started poas cd 9 all negative , but today cd13 received a very strong positive which I have never had one ever!!!!! So I guess I'll ovulate tomm. Hoping this works first time it has gave me bad acne and it makes me so hungry all the time :/

Hello y'all I'm new to this, this is my first round of clomid 50mg cd3-7 also on metformin 1500 mg for 6 months which helped regulate me from 1 AF a year to a 28 day cycle which is awesome . I am currently on cd13 Started having ovary pain 2 days ago mostly while using the bathroom and BD'ing . Started poas cd 9 all negative , but today cd13 received a very strong positive which I have never had one ever!!!!! So I guess I'll ovulate tomm. Hoping this works first time it has gave me bad acne and it makes me so hungry all the time :/

Welcome to the thread. :flower: Sounds like the clomid is doing the trick for you. It makes me break out a lot too... ugh. Hate that part of it. But it's ALL worth it in the end, right?! LOL Keep us posted. You're with a lot of the others on the thread, about to O, or just started their TWW. I, on the other hand, have no idea what's going on with my body. Just had an early m/c last month, and it's messing with my cycle more than I expected it to. But I hope to be getting started with a new clomid cycle soon. :)

I dont think anyone was offended at all... I agree that therapy is good for anyone, even without issues. It makes you realize things you never would've thought of before. It gives you a lot of "aha!" moments. I went to one myself once, even though I didnt have any issues. I was single at the time, and trying to make a huge life decision, and just thought I'd see whether talking to an unbiased person would give me that "aha!" moment. It did. ;)

Yep, exactly! thx for the feedback..

Some people find it hard to cope with sad or other bad feelings so they mask it.. that might feel like a good solution, but it really isn't.. so the person has to actively try to accept feeling vulnerable even when you're down... watch this video, it's a ted talk, one of my favorites. It's not 100% related to the topic we're discussing right now, but it's valid for everyone's life.. it's about vulnerability, happiness, etc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvmsMzlF7o

erin I am with you on the crazy charting...still no AF for me - negative test again this morning and dropped temp.

Moni, looks like you are about as confused as me, huh? First off, so sorry you're still getting BFNs. I still don't think you're out, but I know how much those BFNs suck. And especially when you had your IUI. How are you doing today? A couple temp drops, and then a jump back up... what is this limbo land we are sitting in??? LOL. Although mine dropped again today. I'm just wondering if my spotting should've been considered AF. So I'm stuck on the "Do I take the Clomid tomorrow, or do I not take the Clomid tomorrow?" I hate this.

Yes, your temps are good. I would've done the same as you, and used the 98.2 temp from 6am. Looking good. If your temp continues up, you'll get CHs tomorrow, so I'm sure you're excited. :)

Any chance that you can call your doctors office and explain your situation? Tell him about the charts and the spotting and maybe he will have a suggestion? If you don't start clomid tomorrow and that was your actual AF a few days ago...does that mean you can't use clomid that cycle? Have you taken a hpt yet? I hope you get some answers soon - I hate that you are stuck in limbo waiting.

Thanks for checking on my chart :flower: I figured I could always take out the temp today after I get my CHs to confirm that it was right. I also made a note on my chart so I didn't forget. Now I am wondering what day I actually O'd.

Hi and welcome! Congrats on the positive opk! A few of us girls just ovulated or will ovulate in the next few days. I do not take clomid, I got a + opk on Sunday and Monday and we have been BDing like crazy. Hoping we catch our eggie! Keep us posted and join us while we are on our journey to our bfps!

Hi Tiffnrick! welcome to the thread!!Good luck, a big yeehaw for the big O!! Hoping the eggie is a keeper! xo

Thanks everyone for the feedback & no I was not offended by anything anyone said. I don't feel like therapy is right for us because I have had real down drawn out talks & he appreciates my feelings at that moment but then doesn't have any follow through. Like I said, he is a pleaser. So if he doesn't see me react, he assumes there is nothing going on. I feel like he really needs to work on this stuff for himself. I know we are partners & I am not being lazy...I just feel like I have put all I have in this & it's not working. So he needs to figure out on his own what he needs because he apparently can't communicate it to me. I have suggested he go to a massage therapist to relieve stress & he agrees & then nothing happens. I mean honestly, I am trying to bring a child in to this world, I can't be following him around. I am also an assistant at work so I live in a constant state of babysitting people who should not need it. And I have no issue with doing the things I do to keep my household together, but I do expect that you give me the little bit of help I ask for. So if I am giving 80%, why is it so hard for you to do your 20%? Please do not get me wrong, I love my husband, he supports me financially & emotionally. He does many things to keep this relationship going. But this is SO major right now. And I don't think I am asking a lot when I am the one on clomid, I am the one who had dye shot into my uterus, & I am the one who is going to be going through the most when it comes to this fertility stuff. And the intercourse is important even if I get the IUI because I need the peace of mind knowing we put everything in to this. And I also want to make sure no one out there thinks I am just demanding sex...I put my effort in. But it is also draining when you put everything in & then feel like everything you had isn't enough. I think that with some stress at work, this stupid O schedule, damn snow to top it off, & then this failed attempt....it has just gotten to me today.

As far as his specimen, he will do that the same day, they wash it, then I come in for my IUI. Side note, he has not seemed to have any issues when he went for his 2 analyses.

Erin, if I were you I would just call your dr's office & explain what you have had going on & ask them their advise. They should be familiar with what to expect after a mc. You do not want to take clomid on the wrong days. It can have a different effect from what your dr intended.

Jay, I have had similar stresses over exercising. We are not very active. My husband is worse off than I am as far as weight gain. That is another issue I have. I have asked him over & over to just get on the treadmill a few minutes a day. All he does is give me excuses as to why he doesn't do it. And they are so childish. Anyways, I have been gaining weight, not overweight by any means, just what I would call I am over 30 & not as young as I used to be. So I have really been wanting to start getting in better shape but I am nervous. I want to do something very low key because I am on clomid & I heard you are supposed to go easy on clomid. Also I don't want to go overboard because I heard it is not goo to increase our activity to something you normally don't do when TTC. So I am in this weird limbo. My plan is to start very light like 15 min a day walking on the treadmill. I have also tried hard to healthy snack more at work & not go out for fast food at lunch.

Beaglemom, a suggestion/idea to help get in a bit of exercise for both of you, I know it is the middle of winter so it might not be possible due to the weather situations, my DH hates to exercise/eat healthy, etc. To encourage him (and myself) I suggested we take short walks in our neighborhood. In the spring/summer/fall we have walked around the block and then gradually increase the distance. He gets home from work, we take a walk and discuss the events of the day, get some light exercise in and then we come home and begin dinner. We haven't walked together in a while due to the weather but we have also gone to the mall to walk when the weather has been cold. I enjoy our conversations while we walk since there isn't too many distractions. DH doesn't think it is exercise for him, he goes to "support" and spend time with me...when my secret plan was for him to exercise! Yep I am that tricky! :)

We have also used the P90X videos in the winter too. Right now I do not want to have that "stress" of a workout though, so I would stick to something light.

Its funny that you two mentioned calling my Dr, because I just answered that on my 35+ thread... I'll just copy/paste what I wrote in there...

I did call the Dr. and even they were on the fence about it. They were asking how much bleeding, and when I said it was mostly just spotting, they said how much spotting. And then they asked, do I normally spot before AF? I said yes, but only brown, NEVER bright red. This time I had some bright red. They kept going back and forth, and then they'd ask another question. In the end, I felt like they were basically saying, well we have no way of knowing your level of cramps or how much spotting you saw, so are you ok just waiting a bit longer? I did not feel like that was a definitive answer, it was just what they decided in the end to get me off the phone and move on to the next patient. I can't blame them. Its safer for them to say just wait a bit longer.

Yes savvy, that is correct, if that was AF and I don't start my Clomid by tomorrow, I won't be able to this month. Some girls take it cd3-7, so I would've already missed that window. I take mine cd5-9 though. There's a specific reason why they have you take it on certain days... whether you dont O at all, whether you were an early ovulater, whether your cycles were too long, etc. all plays a role in which days a Dr determines you should take it. So if that was AF and I dont start tomorrow, then Feb will have to be another natural cycle for me. I had no luck with that for almost a year, so I just won't be as excited about Feb as I originally was. BUT, if I end up getting a full-blown AF in a few days to my surprise, then I'll be able to start my clomid five days after.

beaglemom, I completely understand everything you're saying about DH. You two sound like you have a really great relationship... you get along well, you make each other happy, you're supportive, etc. I also know from previous posts we've exchanged in past threads that you do a good job of communicating your feelings and consoling him when he can't perform. And I can see how after so many years of doing that, you'd finally reach a breaking point and feel like since you're dealing with all the things you need to deal with on your end, maybe its time that he figure his thing out. It's one thing when its just a random evening at the beginning or end of your cycle, or even during ovulation... but when your IUI might be hampered by the weather or something, I know this had to get to you pretty badly finally. I probably sound like I'm throwing fuel into the fire right now! That certainly isn't my goal, I just want you to know that I totally get where you're coming from.

That said, you guys will get through this, as you already know, you're a wise woman. :) See if you can get him to BD before he goes to work, and if he can't manage it, then try again tomorrow morning when he gets home from work, or at least by tomorrow night. I know from your past posts, that whenever he's had this issue one night, he did just fine the next night. So just keep that positive thought in your head and focus on that right now. From what you've said so far, if he can't manage it one day, he always manages the next. Then after you've gotten through this O/IUI, you guys can certainly sit down and talk some more, and you can let him know your more recent feelings on the matter.

Thanks everyone :) it makes it easier being able to talk to other girls going through the same thing, poor DH has had enough of baby lingo lol he told me it's the same as me talking about car things

Good luck to everyone :)

Well no luck in doing anything tonight. His ass manager is forcing him to drive to work. We got a bulletin to stay off the roads from the town notices. But his manager told him he would pick him up. Such an ass. The roads are supposed to freeze at sundown which is right when he is driving & black ice threat when he is driving home.

This has been just an awful day.

I have had 2 neg opks today. I will do another one next time I need to use the bathroom.

My work will have a delay tomorrow I'm sure, so we can probably do something in the morning.

My Dr's office was kind enough to call me back just now since they were so wishy-washy on the phone earlier, and I guess they could tell it was bothering me. My Dr and the nurses discussed further and decided definitely no Clomid. They can't be certain it was a period at all (although, what the heck was it then?) Regardless, with such little blood, he doesn't feel my body is ready for the med.

So, that's final at least.... funny how even if I dont like an answer, I feel better when its at least a definitive one, lol. I'll just see what this month holds for me. If my temps stay low, I'll go back and label first day of blood as cd1 and just start tracking O and try naturally. If my temps keep jumping and dropping, I'll just keep this gorgeous <sarcasm> chart going until AF arrives for real.

beaglemom, i can't believe your DH's boss!! Geez, what would it hurt to have him out for ONE stinkin' day? Especially when the roads are THAT dangerous. Craziness! Poor guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->