January Hopefuls...What's next for us???

Another dumb high. :( My only hope is a late pos opk today or early tomorrow. Even then im not sure. The office closes at 12 on fri. So bummed. Or I could O late. But im not counting on that. This is my 5th day of highs.

My opk is very light. For those using the 2 line tests, do you see a progression in tint or can it be super light but then the next test be a pos?

Another dumb high. :( My only hope is a late pos opk today or early tomorrow. Even then im not sure. The office closes at 12 on fri. So bummed. Or I could O late. But im not counting on that. This is my 5th day of highs.

My opk is very light. For those using the 2 line tests, do you see a progression in tint or can it be super light but then the next test be a pos?

Bummer, I am keeping my fx'd that you get a + opk later today. If it makes you feel any better I really thought I would O last week Tuesday/Wednesday but then when my opks were still light I was nervous I would miss O because we were suppose to go away last weekend. I was hoping and wishing I could delay O until Sunday...ended up not going away and what happens...I got a + opk on Sunday!

For me the opk line seemed to be darkish, clearly not positive though. Then it started getting lighter, so I thought I missed + or didn't hold it long enough...then a few days later it was blazing positive.

It certainly is a tough one! And yes, I meant January... I've been going crazy with all of this..... I will continue to test every other day - and even purposely drove right by the drug store so I wouldn't stop to get another test....

Yes continue to test or if you are really late for AF then you could call your doctor and see if you can get a blood test. Good luck and fx'd.

What is up with all of our charts...maybe we should rename the thread to the wonky chart group?? :) Hoping moni and erose get some answers soon and that FBG and I get some high temps and our CH's!

My opk was clearly negative today, so I am hoping that means I O'd.

Chart experts...I need your help!! I barely slept last night, I think I was too excited to temp this morning. I woke up at 1am and didn't fall back to sleep until 3am, woke up at 4:30am and dozed off around 5:30 to wake up to the alarm at 6. My temp was 98.0 at 4:30 and 98.2 at 6:00am...would these even be accurate? I stayed in bed the entire time resting. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I always go from no line to it getting darker; however, it gets about a medium tone then just stops. stays that way for forever. then bam dark and positive. i start to doubt the test. i had five highs then peak on the monitor so i believe you will get your peak tomorrow.

my temp went up this am. . . lets hope it stays up. yay savvy i see yours went up too. hope our bodies keep this trend.

I always go from no line to it getting darker; however, it gets about a medium tone then just stops. stays that way for forever. then bam dark and positive. i start to doubt the test. i had five highs then peak on the monitor so i believe you will get your peak tomorrow.

I expect my peak tomorrow too. Just sucks cuz the snow has my dr office closed today. No idea about tomorrow or Friday. I took another test at 8 this morning and it looked darker. Plus my monitor stick had 2 close colored lines. I think I will call tomorrow and try to get in Thurs or fri for the iui.

I expect my peak tomorrow too. Just sucks cuz the snow has my dr office closed today. No idea about tomorrow or Friday. I took another test at 8 this morning and it looked darker. Plus my monitor stick had 2 close colored lines. I think I will call tomorrow and try to get in Thurs or fri for the iui.

YAY :happydance: so excited for your IUI!
Wishing you lots of :dust:

Yay!! FX'ed that IUI is the answer and you get that :bfp:!!

Question for more experienced ladies....do you think a weak O could be why I never got a +opk?? Mine got darker, and then lighter, but was definitely never the same as the control line. I don't know how all the interactions work with LH surge, but it makes sense in my mind that maybe a weak O wouldn't produce as much? I'm so confused! I'm hoping that maybe telling my dr that my opk was never positive will help in my case for a stronger dose of Clomid.

So I have had a pretty awful morning. Work was delayed until 12. My husband is supposed to go in tonight, but I don't think he should drive on the icy roads. Anyways, I told him we needed to BD because we don't know if I will be able to get the IUI. Well it was a total failure. I guess he had anxiety again. It just stresses me out. He never tells me how I can help. Our time is so crucial & limited. I don't like putting pressure on him, but I am pressured every day. Every day feels like a count down. He knows I want this IUI & I am stressed. I just feel like he needs to figure this out. I feel like I am carrying everything. So then after he is all upset. I have no idea what to do because I am tired of being the one to comfort him. So I took a shower & cried in there. All my positive mojo has been lost.

So now I have a full snow day & I am working on my tax returns. My husband likes going out to take pictures so he wants me to go out. So on the inside I just feel like screaming. I don't want to take stupid pictures today & pretend everything is fine. There is a possibility of a delay at work in the morning which means there is a good chance my dr office will have the same thing or be closed again. So all my chances are just slipping away. I know it could work with just clomid alone, but I really don't think so. Even if it does, I sort of need him to do his part. So now I just feel like being in bed all day or cleaning or something. I just don't want to think about anything or change out of my PJs.

UGH! So sorry to sound so whatever...but I just need to get it out.

Question for more experienced ladies....do you think a weak O could be why I never got a +opk?? Mine got darker, and then lighter, but was definitely never the same as the control line. I don't know how all the interactions work with LH surge, but it makes sense in my mind that maybe a weak O wouldn't produce as much? I'm so confused! I'm hoping that maybe telling my dr that my opk was never positive will help in my case for a stronger dose of Clomid.

How often do you use the opks? Mine seemed to be getting darker and then it got lighter so I assumed I O'd back last week. Then on Sunday it was super dark and obviously positive. I check twice a day, once at 6 am and the other around 2:30 pm. I had a clear positive at 2:30 on Sunday and 6am on Monday, by Monday afternoon it was getting lighter but still really dark and on Tuesday morning it was faint again.

So I have had a pretty awful morning. Work was delayed until 12. My husband is supposed to go in tonight, but I don't think he should drive on the icy roads. Anyways, I told him we needed to BD because we don't know if I will be able to get the IUI. Well it was a total failure. I guess he had anxiety again. It just stresses me out. He never tells me how I can help. Our time is so crucial & limited. I don't like putting pressure on him, but I am pressured every day. Every day feels like a count down. He knows I want this IUI & I am stressed. I just feel like he needs to figure this out. I feel like I am carrying everything. So then after he is all upset. I have no idea what to do because I am tired of being the one to comfort him. So I took a shower & cried in there. All my positive mojo has been lost.

So now I have a full snow day & I am working on my tax returns. My husband likes going out to take pictures so he wants me to go out. So on the inside I just feel like screaming. I don't want to take stupid pictures today & pretend everything is fine. There is a possibility of a delay at work in the morning which means there is a good chance my dr office will have the same thing or be closed again. So all my chances are just slipping away. I know it could work with just clomid alone, but I really don't think so. Even if it does, I sort of need him to do his part. So now I just feel like being in bed all day or cleaning or something. I just don't want to think about anything or change out of my PJs.

First off hugs :hugs:

This weather is absolutely crazy and I think it is terrible that schools/offices/etc have to close down. Especially when life still goes on, people count on those places to be open. Okay seriously I am ready for summer.

Just a suggestion...would you be able to sit down and talk with your DH? Talk about what happened, that you are upset and you understand what he is going through too, etc. Not sure if that would help.

I wish ttc was so hard for all of us, the stress alone is terrible. :(

My husband is a pleaser. So basically he says sorry and hopes it goes away. I am a fighter and just need to feel things and let them out. I have talked to him and nothing changes. Days like today I just want to give up.

Today just went from being CD31 to being CD1 :(

Oh, no...so sorry :(

Does this mean IUI for you next cycle?

Not sure yet... DH prefers to keep trying the traditional way... I feel divided... it's been so long since we've been trying Im ready to get this trying phase over with... I think Im going to decide when I find out when I know how many follies I'll have... if I have more than one I wanna do IUI...

Do any of your DHs that have low count take maca? I've read wonderful things about it online and there were several benefits, but the one that stood out for me was that when men take 3000mg per day, sperm count can increase by 40%.. I forget in how long but it wasn't too long, maybe like 2 or 3 months... anyways, anyone?

My husband is a pleaser. So basically he says sorry and hopes it goes away. I am a fighter and just need to feel things and let them out. I have talked to him and nothing changes. Days like today I just want to give up.

I'm sorry. Don't give up though, you have worked too hard for this. I know you have been looking forward to this IUI for a few weeks now and I hope the weather clears, you get a peak and + opk and everything works out for the best.

Today just went from being CD31 to being CD1 :(

Oh, no...so sorry :(

Does this mean IUI for you next cycle?

Not sure yet... DH prefers to keep trying the traditional way... I feel divided... it's been so long since we've been trying Im ready to get this trying phase over with... I think Im going to decide when I find out when I know how many follies I'll have... if I have more than one I wanna do IUI...

Do any of your DHs that have low count take maca? I've read wonderful things about it online and there were several benefits, but the one that stood out for me was that when men take 3000mg per day, sperm count can increase by 40%.. I forget in how long but it wasn't too long, maybe like 2 or 3 months... anyways, anyone?

mine takes it. Couldn't give you any results but 3 months is about right. Basically the sperm are made 3 months in advance. So anything he doesnow will show up in 3 months

Beaglemom,
I'm sorry for what you're going through... I relate 100% to your feelings and situation... DH and I did couples therapy for a while while back and we learned something that made all the difference in our relationship... instead of telling him what I want, I just tell him how his actions/behavior makes me feel... so when i started getting anxious about this fertility thing and he was in la-di-dah land, I told him that I was feeling very anxious, nervous, upset and that his "behavior" (not being on the same page as me about the urgency of the situation) was making me feel so alone. It changed everything for the better. He's been so supportive ever since that.. hes always helping me through the rough times because he knows it's taking a toll on me much more than on him...

I know it sounds simple, but in reality when feelings and thoughts are rushing through your brain it doesn't come out right... it took us a lot of time and several months to get the conversation going and being supportive of one another the way we are now..

Maybe taking pictures is how he copes with this... I think you should go out with him and take pictures... why not? Enjoy this moment together, show your support for him and it would be a perfect time for you to share how his behavior makes you feel.

I hope things work out for you and that you're able to get the IUI. Your chances ARE NOT slipping away! You haven't even tried everything yet.. before you can say your chances are slipping away you need to do a few IUIs and IVFs, but you won't need to because this IUI will work out. You deserve to be a mommy! I'm crying as I'm writing, I'm so emotional today...stupid AF...

I guess there are a few of us emotional on the thread today. I have no idea what's going on, and I want to start my clomid again so bad, it's killing me. I feel like every day that goes by, is a day lost. But the worst part is that I dont have a CLUE when AF will be here. A few ladies on my 35+ thread said they had super light AF after their m/c, because the bleeding was so heavy during the m/c, that the lining just didnt do much building up in that first month following, so they think I should consider my first day of RED spotting as CD1. I've always heard it usually has to be a full flow, but maybe after a m/c, there is nothing "usual" about the first month. So now I'm torn... if I consider the first day of red spotting CD1, then I would start my clomid tomorrow. But I dont want to do anything wrong.

Beaglemom, I'm really sorry for what you're dealing with. TTC is so stressful as it is, and with each month that goes by, I know we each want it more and more. You have been very supportive of your DH, from what you've told us, it sounds like you go out of your way to make him feel better, and to keep him from getting anxiety. But you are correct... we're the women, and we endure a lot more. I understand what you're feeling while he wants to go out and take pics and act like its a normal day, while all you can think about is what you're not getting in order to get prego. Sometimes its really hard to go about a normal day when something like that happens. I wish I had some advice for you. I dont know if you're interested in the counseling that haleiwamama mentioned. It sounds to me like you guys have a really great relationship (just from the last few months we've all been chatting), but maybe a therapist could give HIM tips on how to relax and shut his brain off when its time to BD. But then again, you're going for the IUI, so counseling might not be necessary for that purpose. You might be able to get him to BD tonight or tomorrow. Or your Dr's office might end up being open and working out anyway! Stay positive... assume that the Dr's office will be open, and that your O will coincide perfectly. Btw, do they have his spermies frozen? Or does he have to supply a sample right when you go in?

Oh gosh, I'm sorry you're having such a tough time :( I totally understand the frustration about him not "finishing", I have felt the same way at times. The only advice I can give you is to try to get an open and honest conversation started, where he doesn't feel attacked. Not the easiest thing to do with lots of emotions and hormones running wild though!! This whole TTC thing definitely changes how we look at being intimate!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->