January Jelly Beans 2014!

Congrats vtjess on 22 weeks!! I was just sitting here thinking, oh my goodness, 18 weeks left! I'm not sure why, but 18 seems a lot scarier than 20+ left lol. We're papayas this week. I'm not real familiar with them, but it seems like a banana is longer than a papaya? I don't know, I think some of the fruits are a little off. :) Is papaya one of the fruits that you repeat for several weeks?

ASM...I've had a new, weird symptom pop up. I'm not even sure if I would call it a symptom, but it has to be pregnancy/soon to be motherhood nerves kicking in. I live in a rural area and on a back road. On my way to work, I pass at least 5 deer along the road before getting to the main highway. It has always been that way, and I know to take it slow and keep my eyes open. I'm now starting to develop this completely irrational fear of hitting them. People around here hit deer quite frequently, so it wouldn't be unheard of with the deer population for me to hit one, but suddenly...I'm petrified of it! I'm so scared that I seriously have major anxiety in the morning all because of the fear of hitting a deer. I live on a back, curvy road and I take it nice and slow, so if heaven forbid I did hit one, it would mess up my car, but the chances of me or the baby being injured is pretty slim. So why on earth am I suddenly so overtaken with the idea/fear of hitting one? Do you think it's just weird overprotective mama bear instincts kicking in?

Congrats on 22 weeks too lindsay!! :) And yes 18 weeks is definitely scarier than 20+. LOL We are that much closer to being in labor and meeting out little ones!! :thumbup:

And I agree with the others on the anxiety about hitting deer. I'm sure it's just you being extra cautious just to make sure no harm comes to your little one. Deer are a very prevalent where I live too and so this time of year I'm always extra cautious, now is definitely worse. But it also might be that I've actually been hit by/have hit several deer over the years! :dohh: I actually have deer whistles on my car which are supposed to keep them at bay...whether or not they actually work is questionable but...I haven't hit any more since I've put them on my car and that was ~8 years ago. *Knock on Wood* LOL I would just try to take some deep breaths when you get in the car and remind yourself that you are being extra cautious and that everything will be OK!! *hugs*

Lindsay, I can't say as I'm feeling a ton of anxiety in real life, but I have been having anxiety ridden dreams for awhile now, all really irrational and bizarre things, but pretty much every morning I wake up panicked about something I can't fix. Sometimes they're things that would never actually happen, and other times they are things that could, but I never thought I would be so upset about.
Just trying to relax, but knowing that my body is determined that something MAJOR is happening.

I'm 22weeks today! Yay! :happydance: :happydance:

Happy 22weeks to
xx Emily xx
chathamlady
NewYearNewMe
MrsKay
Srrme

I guess with the timezone here being ahead,I've wished others in advance to their actual day!

Lindsay and Jess,hope you're enjoying your 22weeks!

Thank you, you too!!! I hit 22 weeks in 3 n half hours!!

18 weeks till due date!! Crazy!!

Em xxx

Isn't it crazy how much shorter 18 weeks sounds than 4 months?? So excited to meet our little girl.
This past weekend I kind of burnt myself out, but I finished sewing the crib skirt, the rocking chair cushion and pillow, found a little dresser/nightstand and made a tree stump ottoman to complete our forest theme.
Still waiting for my fake leaves to come from Ebay to complete our tree. DH put a fresh coat of stain on the nightstand and big armoire and plans to build a pull out changing table into the armoire, but it's crazy how close to done our nursery already is... DH is so accommodating to my nesting :)
I have no reason to think I'd go very early, but it makes me feel better to know that if I did, we'd be ready!

Wow melann I haven't done anything yet we keep saying we will but with hubby just now getting back to work its been busy hoping to get things going soon

We also haven't done any baby shopping yet. Sux big time when that hospital receptionist decided to be a b*tch and to put off my scan to the latest possible date even though I saw the booking calender with heaps of empty slots. "We don't do 20-week scans" -- "But this is what the doctor ordered, scam before 20th week." -- "Oh well.. Let's do 21 weeks." Grrrrr..

After 2-months of wait, scan date is in 2-days..

Good luck with your scan Lian :hugs:

Melann your nursery sounds awesome. We've kept ours quite plain (just added pics etc) as hubby hates decorating and I suck at it :haha: Simple but effective though- especially as our 12 year old nephew still stays in the same room xx

Hello ladies

how is everyone?

Congrats on the new weeks ladies :happydance:

AFM - well i was sick as a dog yesteday. I think it was just a bug as i feel fine today. So glad its not MS returning. Peanut is getting more and more active last night felt like she was having a party could feel her low down but at the same time could feel her above my belly button wont be long and she will be kicking me in the ribs lol

2 weeks today i have my 24 wk growth scan to check on how peanut is doing then have to see the consultant. Spoke to my midwife and although the consultant is keeing an eye on peanut she said at the moment i am still down as midwife led care. unless they find something seriously wrong i will be staying as midwife led care :) I have to make an appointment with her the week after my scan so i can keep her updated :)

Good Luck with your scan, lian!

Glad you are feeling better wrighty. Being sick is never fun!! And that's great that you are staying midwife led care. :)

I'm doing Ok today, just really tired for some reason. I don't think I've gotten any of the 2nd trimester energy that they always talk about! LOL I did have a bad dream last night, well sorta bad as I don't know how it would have turned out. I dreamt that I was about 24 weeks along and started to go into labor. I was terrified in the dream (don't know what happened just know I went into labor) and ended up waking up to some pains in my tummy which kinda scared me at first until I realized they were just gas pains. :dohh: I usually don't remember my dreams but I seem to be remembering more lately. Sometimes I wish I didn't!

Jess I hate those bad dreams :hugs:

Mine was that I was drinking mixed drinks with my meds and when I tried to drink water it tasted like beer and lime :shrug: I woke up feeling hungover :haha: my hubby said it was bc I haven't drank in a while LOL this is one of the wacky ones but nothing has beat the baby horse dream yet

I too have been feeling really tired I feel like I haven't slept in days :(

I would really like to know when this second wind arrives as I am just knackered all the time :sleep:

little bit freaking out... my gestational diabetes test came back high. I have to retake the test on friday.

Doc recommended i "limit my sugars" however she didn't tell me how many grams of sugar is "ok" during pregnancy. Therefore I cant figure out where I am over doing it or where I should cut down or what is ok to eat.

Anyone have an idea of how much grams of sugar a pregnant woman can eat in a day?

Thanks, Lucy. Bad dreams definitely do suck. But I'm sure crazy dreams can be pretty bad too! I haven't had too many crazy dreams yet. It seems to me when I do remember them, it's because they were scary or sad. I don't seem to remember good or silly dreams. Strange.

No idea when the second wind is supposed to arrive. :shrug: I think it just passed me by!! LOL

goldstns, I don't know about the number of grams of sugar but I do know that carbs are just as bad since they turn to sugar. My hubby's diabetic and so on top of watching his sugar he also has to watch his carb intake. I don't know if its different for pregnant women though. Can you call your doctors back for a more specific recommendation? Good Luck to you! I have to take my 1-hr GD test at the end of the month so I'm hoping it turns out ok! Hopefully you'll pass the second test.

Just found this thread...I'm due Jan 20th, 2014. Well, so far, at my 20 week scan they thought I could be more like 18-19 weeks but not changing the due date yet. I think I'm team pink, though she only spent like a second determining gender, so hopefully she didn't miss something lol.

Welcome, wolfq! Yay, another member of Team :pink:! There aren't that many of us on here, we're definitely outnumbered by :blue:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->