January Jelly Beans 2014!

Here, a diabetes screening by Glucose Challenge Test(GCT) is done for all pregnant women at 24-28weeks. If GCT results comes abnormal, another test called the GTT(Glucose Tolerance Test) is done. If the GTT comes abnormal, the woman is pronounced to have Gestational Diabetes

Lucy,I sleep for around 6-8hours at night and if possible another 1hour during the day,but still find myself quite tired most of the time. I guess its one of the blessings of pregnancy sigh :-(

I guess I might ask my dr just to be safe I only half wake up when I switch sides but I guess that doesn't help either but then I actually wake up at 4:30 to pee then can't sleep I then get out of bed with my hubby at 5:30am to fix breakfast, pack his lunch then I go back to bed since I start work at 2 pm but am having such trouble getting up after 4 hrs of unbroken sleep :(
He has told me not to wake up but it's a habit I can't break the times I have stayed in bed I felt guilty bc I'm so used to doing it :shrug: can't win either way LOL

I have the worst sleep every night. I have fibromyalgia which means I never get great sleep anyway cos you aren't able to reach the deepest level of sleep. Add that to sore hips which means I can only sleep on one side,for a short time and I'm tossing and turning every night. My massive maternity pillow is like wrestling with an alligator! My OH moans that its like sleeping with a third person in the bed lol.

I'm dying to do the daily cleaning up but I have had a horrible pain all across my bump this morning when I move or bend so I am sitting for a bit. I had it the other week and it was awful for about an hour. Not sure what it is but my little baby boy has been super active this morning.

I'm team :blue: yay! Couldn't be happier.
Nub theory worked for me. My NT scan showed a very boyish nub and sure enough, it was very obvious during the 21w scan. Chinese calendar is wrong though.

Baby is also measuring within the mean range and due date wasn't change.

Congrats Lian! How exciting!

What do they do to test for gd? I know you have to drink some nasty stuff, but that is about it. Do they take bloods?

Congrats, lian!! :) Welcome to team blue!!

What do they do to test for gd? I know you have to drink some nasty stuff, but that is about it. Do they take bloods?

Well there are two tests: the 1 hour and then the 3 hour. I've only taken the 1 hour with my son as I passed it. And I think this is how I remember it. When you get there you'll have to drink the drink in 5 minutes which isn't tasty but it's not that hard to get down, at least in my experience. And then you have to wait an hour and they'll take your blood. Then that's it and if you pass, you are good to go. However, if you don't pass they'll make you go back and take the 3 hour test. I think with the 3 hour test it's very similar but you'll have your blood taken in hourly intervals, though I could be wrong about that. I've heard it's fairly common to fail the 1 hour test and then go and pass the 3 hour test. When pregnant with my son, I heard horror stories about the test and so I think I had built it up in my head as this awful thing. But then it wasn't as bad as I expected. I know in some cases they have you fast before the test, but my doctors has never made me do that. Though last time I went first thing in the morning before breakfast (and I'll probably do the same this time since I'll go right after dropping my son off at day care) as that was just easiest for me. Here I found this link and it gives more info than I gave! :)

https://www.babycenter.com/0_glucose-screening-and-glucose-tolerance-tests_1483.bc

I took the 3 hour GD test with my first pregnancy and its just like vtjess said, you drink the drink and they take your blood hourly, for three hours. I was able to sit in a private waiting room and watch tv which was nice but I had so many bruises on my arms from all the pokes!! Almost everyone I know failed the one hour and then passed the three hour. And I had to fast for the three hour but not one hour.

Lian,congrats on team blue!! :blue:

Though I'm staying :yellow:, I've a premonition that my Chinese calendar is wrong. It says blue, and I feel its pink for me :)

Well! We've to wait and see

Anyone else's Chinese calendar went wrong??

Lian,congrats on team blue!! :blue:

Though I'm staying :yellow:, I've a premonition that my Chinese calendar is wrong. It says blue, and I feel its pink for me :)

Well! We've to wait and see

Anyone else's Chinese calendar went wrong??

My chinese gender prediction is right :) (well the one on countdown to pregnancy) other sites were wrong

I didn't know what the Chinese gender prediction was for me. Just checked and it says boys, so it's correct in my case :)

Congrats on Team :blue:

My Chinese Prediction was wrong it said :pink: but we are definately :blue: (was no missing it :haha:)

Congrats Lian :D

20 Weeks today and feeling really suspicious that it landed on Friday 13th :argh:

5 days until my scan so I can answer the chinese gender question then :happydance: I'm predicted a girl but I think boy.

Being team yellow is so hard with all these gender reveals!!!

18ish weeks to go!!

Em xxx

All the predictors I did were wrong. I think there was one that said boy but the rest were girl, then every one at work thought girl but nope he's def all boy :D

My SIL is pregnant too and Chinese gender predictor predicts a girl, for her and a boy for me. Seeing our tummies and symptoms,everyone agrees. But I somehow feel its the other way round.

PS: She's on yellow team too and due on Nov 1

Wow despttc

My SIL is having a boy at the end of Nov. and just found out my sister is also pregnant LOL so 2 boys well see what my sis is having :)

my chines calendar prediction was correct too!

PS. I am not sure if you are watching the news... but I live in the Boulder, CO area. We are luckily safe and sound here at my house. Work has been shut down for the last 2 days because of the flooding. It has been a bit crazy! However for the last 2 days we have had off of work, we have been working on the nursery... almost done, we believe by Sunday we will be done! Ill post a pic!

Goldstns hope the rain stops soon we had people calling that they would be late bc interstate was closed what a headache but glad your safe and got things going with the nursery. :) can't wait for pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->