January Jelly Beans 2014!

Lucy, you'll have Christmas presents no matter what. Everything you have will be new to him. Just stick a bow on a few things and you are set! lol

This is what we plan on doing if little one makes an early appearance!

I noticed I've still got a yellow bean on front page.. Could I have a pink one please? Thanks :)

Em xxx

Getting woken up at 1am by an elderly homeless person claiming she needed help getting home then dealing with police and finally getting her situated for the night (it's snowing and freezing out tonight) has made me not only not sleepy but slightly nauseas but am happy I did a good deed for the night :)

On an other note my hubby and I discussed putting up the Xmas tree he was against it bc he said I would be to busy preparing for Ivan's arrival it wouldn't be practical but after some fast talking on my part about what a special time it would be and if he's here before Xmas all those nice pics we would have and it would make this year more memorable he agreed we can put the Xmas tree up :happydance:

I feel like doing it soon LOL I know it's Halloween month but it's snowing everything is turning white makes it feel like X mas already LOL maybe mid Nov.?

Woohoo double digits !!!!! Although technically I have about 86 days left if we make it to 38 weeks :D :happydance: :happydance: but it's nice to see that on my ticker LOL

Happy V Days & Double digits :happydance:

Lucy my hubby is totally the opposite!!! He wants the tree up NOW!! Lol I won't let him put it up till December!

We're well underway with Christmas shopping but I draw the line at decorating the house yet!! He wants the Christmas presents wrapped too but I refuse to do that till the tree is up!!

Em xxx

We have said we need to get organised this year. I will be the size of a house so I think Xmas shopping will be exhausting and my sister is due her baby on Xmas day so it's going to be pretty full on this year!!!!! We have bought one pressie for our son so far. Not much but it's a start :happydance:

Congrats to those reaching V day and double digits!!

Feeling bit fed up today. Long day for me Fridays. My OH seems to be getting home later this week and was 6.30 last night. By time he gets home I ready for help with my DS so last night he was already all ready for bed so there wasn't much left to do apart from put him to bed. I'm sleeping really bad at the moment and seem to have insomnia even thought I'm exhausted. With my DS being so hard work this week I have told my OH as soon as Saturday morning comes it's his shift!!!!:winkwink:

Where I go they start measuring at 20 weeks. We do the GTT around 28 weeks, which is fine since I'm not looking forward to it anyway!

I had hiccups with my first, none so far with this one. They seemed to come later in the pregnancy. It feels like a twitch from the outside and is pretty rhythmic. With my daughter she would hiccup and then kick right after. It was funny to watch.

I am not buying any Christmas presents since I am due at the end of Jan. My daughter came the day before her due date. If this one happened to come early, I would just order a couple of toys from Amazon...yay prime :) My daughter was 2 months at her first Christmas, so I stuffed her stocking with pacifiers, ha ha. We have a no tree until after Thanksgiving rule. I will probably take it down pretty quick after Christmas to make room for the baby equipment in our living room.

Our Xmas tree is pretty small so we set it up on a book shelft so you can see it from the outside :) then we put a big Santa thing on the door and lights around the window
I think here normally they put Xmas things up after Thanksgiving so a ways to go last year it took me awhile to bring it down LOL but it looked so pretty and with the snow even nicer :)

This will be mine and my OH's first christmas spent together so I'm so excited :happydance: We've always gone seperately to our families before now since we were at university and didn't get to see them often but this year OH is coming to my parents for christmas. We were planning on having Christmas alone at first but since I'll be 35 weeks pregnant I don't think I'll be wanting to cook a roast for two people so mum can do it instead :haha:

I'm not sure when we'll put up the Christmas tree yet. My parents follow the 12 days before christmas rule but I never thought that was long enough so might go with December 1st. I'm really excited to set my own traditions with OH :happydance:

Lian, happy V- Day :wohoo:

Lucy, congrats on double digits :happydance:

Unfortunately for me, my hubby isn't all that big on Christmas. He had a huge falling out at Christmas with hs family one year, ended up leaving and hasn't really enjoyed it since; plus he holds the whole Santa thing against his parents (didn't like that they lied about it). Its tough for me because Christmas has always been my favorite time of the year. He puts up with my love of decorations, tree and lights, though so I love him for that. He just doesn't usually go to my family gatherings. I usually put up my Christmas tree and house lights the weekend after Thanksgiving and leave them up at least until January 1st. Last year though, my poor christmas tree stand (fake tree) broke a few days after Christmas while my sons and hubby were standing there looking at some ornaments and it fell over. Some of my ornaments broke but luckily neither my son nor husband were hurt though it did frighten my son. So this year I'm not sure what we are going to do. I have a smaller tree that I can put up...but I'd really like to get a nice new big one. But with how far along I'll be, I'm not sure I'll bother this year and just suck it up and use the smaller one. LOL Unless I can find a good deal on a new one. :winkwink: Hubby promised me last year I could get a new one this year so we'll see.

On a separate note, I had my OB appointment yesterday afternoon, after waiting over 1.5 hours to see the doctor (Got there ~2:15 and didn't see her until after 4 :(). :dohh: It went well despite the wait. I'd gained 3 lbs since last time (4 weeks ago) but that time I was down 3 so who knows how much I've actually put on if any. LOL I got to hear the hb, though she didn't tell me what it was, and she measured my fundal height for the first time (27 cm). I also spoke with her about my back pain and she also told me it was my sciatic nerve. And funny enough she gave me the same advice as I got from you ladies here and on FB for how to deal with it, even down to googling the yoga stretches! :haha: I did get a little bit ribbed by the nurse for not getting my glucose test done but she said next week would be fine. I'm thinking I'll go tomorrow though to get it over with. I go back to see her in 3 weeks and then after that I'll start going every 2 weeks. So all is looking good so far!

Jess, glad your appt went well :)
Good luck on your glucose test :thumbup:

Jess glad your apt went well :D good luck when you do the GTT test

It took me awhile to come around to liking Xmas my mom died in Feb of 95 and I didn't spend her last Xmas with her, it was a total shock when she passed and I always felt guilty for not being with her , my hubby's family is in a dif country so don't see them either the family he has here we're not close to but we decided a few years ago that we wanted to celebrate the good in our lives and so he told me to concentrate on the Xmas that I did spend with my mom and celebrate that so we have and now that our lo will be born at that time it's just made it more special

Tuesday needs to get here sooner! And it's a late appointment- 4pm :(
I'm quite anxious but keep reassuring myself. Very hard to do, especially since I was that "1%" that had a stillbirth.

However I'm a little relieved to know my chance of miscarriage is 5%.

:dust:

On another note, my cravings are the total opposites of Elijahs! I loved fresh fruit and really that was about all I could it the first trimester. This pregnancy, all I crave is horrible junk and fried food... I never ate that before pregnancy and I've been telling myself no. I've been eating healthy foods and semi-healthy foods and yuck! I had to spit out my strawberry by the third one :haha:

I'm so jealous of those of you that already have Christmas ready!! Last year I told myself I would buy each of my children two presents each month so by the last month we didn't spend a ton of money. I totally failed!!

It doesn't snow here, I haven't seen snow in five years. I miss it!

I have already ordered my daughters birthday cake! (December 10th) :thumbup:

Congrats desp !!!!

Radience sending good vibes for Tuesday !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->