January Jelly Beans 2014!

I'm quite worried..
Five days ago I took a blue clear estimator test and it said 3+
(it was first morning urine) and tonight I took one and it came back 2-3 weeks
(diluted urine- drank 4.5- 8ounce cups in those three hours and one bottle of water that hour (no urine since drinking the last bottle)...

I was freaking out and still worried but have read a lot of women having the same problems! Even doing both test at the same time and them being totally different. I know it's not that big of a difference and it's mostly because of the difference of time and diluted urine but I'm so worried now :cry: Nothing is going wrong (knock on wood) and the other test I've taken, the lines are much darker than they were. Elijah's two month angelversary is Wednesday (the 9th)- really hoping for really good news!!! Why must it be at 4pm :nope:

I knew better than to test again.

Radiance, :hugs:

Please don't worry. And it would be better not to take any more tests. These tests are after all just tests and not 100% foolproof :) Waiting for 4pm

:hugs: Radiance I stopped myself from taking more & more tests as I was driving myself nuts :hugs: I cannot imagine how hard this is for you - roll on 4pm :hugs:

Our Baby Boy is called Elliot William Paul - I call him Elliot or my nickname for him Jelly Tot (no one knows this :haha:) William is a family name that flows down my Dad's side of the family to the male but my brother has 2 daughters and is unlikely to have another so we have used it and Paul is FIL name & DH middle name so we are making that a family name to carry on too :thumbup:
We had the girl name all sorted this one we had to come up with and agree on luckily it was fairly easy :thumbup:

Radiance :hugs: Diluted urine makes a huge difference with those tests. They made me worry early on because they wouldn't change to 3+ for me so I thought my hcg wasn't increasing but my bunny is perfectly fine :thumbup: Good luck with your appointment :hugs:

Our bunny will be Flynn Alan Norman. We decided that we'd pick an Irish name for a boy because my OH is Irish and we both love Flynn. Alan and Norman were my grandads names. They both died earlier this year so it's really special for me to be able to honour them.

Radiance :hugs: I hope everything goes well for you for your appt.

We are getting no where fast with our name! We have a short list but I don't feel we have found the one yet. It took us most of my pregnancy last time to come up with my ds name. We don't agree on most of them!!!:dohh: I'm jealous of those who have decided.

Radiance :hugs: good luck with your appointment, looking forward to hearing about it

Baby is 26 weeks today :)

Em xxx

Emily, congrats on 26weeks :)

Yay! 26weeks for me too :happydance:

I have a friend named Felicity, she has the Felicity doll and I always thought it was the coolest thing. They looked simillar as well.

Lovely names, and name ideas ladies!

We are thinking Oscar Thayne. We call him Oscar occasionally, but I still refer to him as baby quite often.

Jess, he will just have to get used to the spelling! lol. Love how you had it personalized!

Yes he will! LOL We just got it in the mail yesterday and I stayed up last night to put it on the car seat. I really like how it looks. :thumbup: I'm not sure if hubby saw it this morning though (he was a sleep when I put it on last night). I'll have to see what he says when I get home tonight. LOL

Congrats on 26 weeks, Emily and desp!! :thumbup:

And Radiance, I'm sure everything is fine. :hugs: Like others have said, those tests are never 100% reliable so I wouldn't starting thinking anything is wrong because of them. I can understand your worry though and having such a late appointment is a pain! Hopefully your day will go by quickly for you!

Radiance :hugs: praying all goes well at your apt waiting on update

Congrats on new weeks ladies :D

I've been feeling nauseas for the past few days it's horrible :(, I have my apt on Thursday I might talk to her about it. My little guy was moving around last night but not as noticeable as before but I used my Doppler and good strong hb but it worries me

What do you ladies honestly think of the name Ivan, I know it's our choice at the end and we are going with it but I keep getting "so your going with Ivan?"

My little man has not been as active either but I also listened in on him this morning on my doppler and a nice stron HB and he does kick just some days he is more active than others I guess they are having a growth spurt :shrug:

My bump aches so I think it is growing it is at the sides where my muscles are and at the bottom :wacko:

I like the name Ivan :thumbup:

Twag I can tell my bump got bigger LOL it hurts where he's laying it's become his favorite spot low on my left side the top of my bump hurts I guess from my organs getting squished up might be what's causing the nausea? I guess I need to eat smaller portions but am constantly hungry

Lucy, I've been having a very similar experience. I get SOOO hungry, but then I eat and feel nauseous. I've been trying to eat more slowly, but sometimes I still feel sick. I almost always have to take antacid in the middle of the night because I wake up with heartburn/indigestion. I also was worried a few times that I didn't feel like LO's movements were very strong, sometimes I felt like she hadn't moved in awhile but then I realized she was, it just wasn't very strong. At the end of last week it was SO strong that DH and I could see my belly bouncing and feel her easily.
I think it's just a matter of where she is (this morning her kicks have been VERY low again, which just doesn't feel as strong) and when there are growth spurts. I've had an aching bump the last couple days too, so maybe she's just been squished and there will be more space soon.

As for the dolls, I agree, they were quite expensive when I was a kid, and they are obviously more now. Saving up for them was a BIG deal. I bought Josephine for my goddaughter some years ago as she was Native American and my goddgaughter has Native American blood. I usually had "knock off" clothes for them that were made by a family friend, but I think I have both (Samantha and Addy's) REAL Christmas dresses that family gave me for Christmas one year. I had a friend that had Felicity. I thought about contacting her to see if she'd sell it to me, or even trade for one of mine, but no one else knows our name yet and she'd probably think I was crazy if I didn't explain why I wanted it. My Aunt goes to doll shows and collects, and while American Girl Dolls have never been her thing, I'm hopeful that once the baby's born she'll help me find one. I also am getting in touch with a woman who works for AG in hopes that she knows a good way to track one down. Such silly obsessions this pregnancy gives me :)

Melann sorry your feeling a little crappy like me but gotta say glad am not alone

I hope your able to find the doll it's so cool I think that you want to do that for your daughter :) I never had those dolls so don't know much about them good luck tho

Medic I'm over in the Kootenays. We moved here from the coast about 6.5 years ago. Nice to see someone else from BC!

Lucy that's why we choose not to tell anyone our name choices. If we love the name that's all that matters and I don't want anyone butting in with their opinion. After the baby comes they'll keep their mouth shut but until then it's like everyone feels it's their job to let us know what they think.
If that's the name you love then go with it! It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. :hugs:

Happy everything I missed! Sorry I skimmed, gotta get Sweetpea off to Preschool!

Lucy, I agree with the others. If you and your hubby love the name, then I wouldn't let what anyone else thinks of it worry you. I'm sure as soon as your little one is born and they meet him as Ivan, they won't be able to think of him as anything else. I have a friend who's son's name is Nathanson (i.e. Nathan's Son) and when she told a group of us that that would be his name...we were all kind of like what? None of us cared for it. She didn't care as both she and her then husband (Nathan) liked it. And well now he's a handsome 9 year old and the name suits him perfectly; he's the spitting image of his dad! So I think it always works out in the end. :)

We didn't tell anyone our name picks last time and wont be this time either. I didn't want anyone to ruin a name we loved. We changed our minds at the last minute on what to call him anyway. We also wanted it to be a special thing between us... to pick a name that we both loved and to have a reason for picking it. |Calders name means from a stony river. Both Matt and I are water signs in the zodiac, hes got an irish backround and we both seem to be drawn to the water. We lived near a little creek when we got pregnant that we would walk to with our dogs and sit on the beach in the sun and relax. I wanted something unique but not so weird that people would misspell it or mispronounce it. I also (this is the weird part lol) wanted a name that started with the same letter as our last name ...C. For whatever reason, I like the fact that it makes the name sound like a super hero name... Bruce Banner, Peter Parker, Lex Luthor.... lol
Naming your child is so personal that we couldn't share it with anyone till he was born.
Name your baby what you want, and for whatever reason you want and don't worry!

Thanks ladies were going with Ivan bc we love it and the meaning too like you guys said at the end of the day he's my son so they can like it or not we haven't told many people just a few my family mostly they're some that ask that I might just start saying we're not sure yet

Lucy I think Ivan is really cute. I agree with the others though. If you and dh love it, thats what matters most.

Radiance- I hope things go well today! Those tests can drive you nuts and the amount of water you drink does make a big difference.

I really like Ivan. Not sure why someone would have a strong opinion on that one. We keep the name a secret too. I don't really care to have someone ruin a name I like for me. I told my mom this time around what I am thinking as my dad passed away recently and I felt like it was a special thing to include her in. She really liked Blake, now if I could just get the hubby on board!! I love names with special meaning, I just haven't found any that have a name and meaning I like....I think it's pretty awesome if you can do that!

Lucy Ivan is a lovely name :)

Does anyone else get pain just under their ribs that feels like a stitch and then realise baby has been there most of the time you're stood it? Feels like my skin is damaged but on the inside lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->