January Jelly Beans 2014!

Sorry about the GD, WW!
Nice bump Goldstns! Also, good tips for GD. I go for my 1 hr test on Monday morning. Fingers crossed it goes well.

Hi ladies

I had my apt today and thought that I was going to be told everything was ok and that I would not have to go back but it turns out am now on restricted movement orders
They seem to have found that the cord had restricted flow to Ivan and the dr thinks that it's best I don't work for at least a week until I have the apt next week with him to see if it has improved or we need to prepare for delivery
I have an apt tom with my OB to check the cord again and see what they think they say they want to check everything before the make any drastic decisions I cant help but think that I might have done something to cause this am really praying that everything works out tom. he's also in the 15th percentile the dr said if he gets to 10 then they are considering him restricted growth and def getting him out

Of course you didn't do anything Lucy :hugs: Everything's going to be just fine. Glad you're going on bed rest. Take it easy hon :hugs:

Hi ladies, just a naiv question, i read about a famous article about Finns using a cardboard box as baby's first bed.. We thought of doing the same or perhaps a cabinet drawer instead. Partly because of financial concerns and partly because our room is really quite small to fit a crib.

Anyone else opting for a box or drawer? Thanks.

Hey, I actually live in Finland and we received our Baby box last week. It comes with a foam mattress and many people use it as their baby's first bed. Personally we won't be using it, possibly only during the day as a place for daytime sleeping bit it is very popular here. I say go for it if you want to and can ensure it is safe.

Shelli, happy 3rd tri

Goldstns, cute bump and congrats on 28weeks

Wrighty, :hugs: Hope your sugar levels get under control

Lucy, :hugs: Do take good rest. Hoping to hear good news at your next appt

Lucy sorry to hear about the cord issue I hope it all works out for the best for you :hugs:
Just a question as I seem to have this fear about the cord but where their any idicators that either you or your Dr noticed that others should be aware of? :shrug:

Twag no indicators I've been feeling fine the only thing is Ivan has been a bit more quiet but they did say its bc he's facing my back so not feeling as much kicks, they noticed when they were doing a Doppler check on the cord, kinda like listening in on the heart and then measured it. They also checked his growth which he has grown but is only in the 15th percentile so he's a small baby. I'll know a bit a bit more in a few hours when I see my dr

Thanks ladies for the support I'm a mess thinking of all the scenarios that could take place in the next few weeks I really hope he makes it to at least 35 weeks

Thanks Lucy :thumbup:

Good luck with your appointment I hope they are able to keep him in until at least 35 weeks :hugs:

@Lian, I have heard of the box in Finland. There was an article floating around online about it for while and I found it fascinating. Personally we are using an "Arm's Reach Co-sleeper/Bassinet" that attaches to the side of our bed, but I don't foresee any problem with a box or drawer as long as there are no loose covers or crevices for baby to get stuck in. As long as baby's safe, they're not going to care what their bed looks like!

Aww, Lucy - you didn't do anything to cause this. I hope you get good news at the appointment today! :hugs:

Lucy - There's absolutely nothing that we can do to cause a cord issue, hun, as well as there's nothing we can do to prevent a cord issue so no blaming yourself! It's awesome that your doctor has caught it early and will be monitoring it. Rest assured that if he/she had felt Ivan was in any immediate danger, they would have taken him right there rather than waiting to see if things improve. Rest up and try to relax. I'll be stalking for an update! GL!

Forgot to post this little picture that DH and I took on our babymoon. He spent forever drawing little feet in the sand. It was adorable. He actually has better ones (he went to school for photography), this is just off my phone, but we plan to have a good one framed for her room.

Attachments

• feet.jpg
    feet.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 12
Forgot to post this little picture that DH and I took on our babymoon. He spent forever drawing little feet in the sand. It was adorable. He actually has better ones (he went to school for photography), this is just off my phone, but we plan to have a good one framed for her room.

thats cute :)

So I updated on FB but I'll update here too...

There is some cord restriction but not enough to panic for now, I'm on complete bed rest until next week where I'll get checked and plan for the following week. They went ahead and did my fist shot of steroids as a precaution along with bloods.
Ivan seems to be doing ok so that calms me just a waiting game now.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers really appreciate it, will keep you all updated as to what happens next

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->