January Jelly Beans 2014!

The winter weather is nice. I just wish the weather around here would make up it's mind! We've been up and down A LOT the last few weeks. Last week it was cool with temps in the high 20's and low 30's over night and warming to about 40-50 during the day. Then this past weekend, it was up the in the 60's and Monday we hit 70! :dohh: And then yesterday and today it was cold again staying in the 40/50 range during the day. And I think we are in for warmer weather again this weekend. This up and down temps are driving me nuts!! So far this pregnancy I've been on the warm side (when I'm usually cold) and so I've really liked the colder weather. These warm days have been crappy. Especially in the afternoon at work, they are trying to be energy concious so keeping temps at a set level and my building is mostly windows so it heats up quickly when the suns out. I've been dying at my desk lately! :growlmad: It just really sucks. I'll be happy when the cold weather sticks around. The only thing that concerns me is if we get icy/snowy weather. I don't want to have to rush to the hospital in that! LOL Luckily we don't get a lot of that and if we do it's usually late January/February before we do and I'm due on the 13th....so I'm hoping it holds off til then if we get any. FX!!!

As for winter coats, my normal coat still fits me OK though it only has three buttons and is flowy on the bottom so I think that works in my favor though the last button is getting a bit tight. My mom had bought me a maternity winter coat during my last pregnancy that I'll probably pull out eventually. And even with that it doesn't really look like a maternity coat so I could wear it even when not pregnant. So at this point I'm glad I have options! :thumbup: I don't blame you guys for not wanting to put out the money on one though. They can get expensive! Hopefully you'll find something that works for you.

And Twag, I'm not sure what could be causing your dizziness, but when I was pregnant with my older son, when I got further along in my pregnancy probably close to where most of us are now...I had some similar experiences. I'd wake up and feel like the room was spinning. If I laid still for a while though, it seemed to go away. I just made sure I got up slowly afterwards. Never did figure out what was causing it but it wasn't too bothersome to me. It was just another icky side effect. But it's bothersome where it's keeping you from doing normal activities, I'd definitely bring it up to your midwife. Hopefully she can figure out what's causing it and help you feel better! :hugs:

It's freezing here. The cold snap or so they call it has begun and some places have had some snow. We are meant to have a tough winter again like last year. It snowed for a few months solid last year. I'm hoping it's not as bad this year with being due to give birth when they say it will be worst! I had to but a new winter coat cis my other couldn't fasten but I think it's gonna be a close run thing if it lasts me tbh and I got two sizes bigger!

Feeling emotional today. My dog isn't well and hasn't been for a few months. He developed a lump on his back and it's been getting bigger and the vets can't find what it is. They took a sample through a syringe a few months ago which came back as inconclusive so we agreed to leave him on anti inflammatory meds as they seemed to make him more comfortable. However for last few weeks he's been increasingly quiet and sleeping more. Took him back and the vet said the lump had changed and gotten harder. He also had a temperature. He was put on paracetamol and antibiotics in case it was a virus. We took him back after the tabs were finished but he still has a temp :nope: We are taking him in Friday morning for the syringe procedure again as the vet said we may get more idea with the lump changing. He also said sometimes tumors send out signals like temperatures when they are changing. Took him for a walk this afternoon and he was painfully slow and very sad. I am finding it really hard emotionally right now. Everytime I get in the car from the vets I'm a mess. I can't help thinking the worst. He is nearly 8 and the vet said its old for his breed (he's a Scottish terrier) I have had him since he was 8 weeks old. My hormones are making it difficult to cope with. :cry:

I'm sorry to hear your dog isn't well, Del. :hugs: I'm sure your hormones are not helping you cope at all. Hopefully when you go back to the vet, you can figure things out and he'll be OK. My parents had a dog that developed a lump as well that was on her for years before my parents had to make the tough decision to put her down last year. So I can understand your worries. She was such a sweet dog that was well loved by our whole family and I was very upset when she passed away (she was almost 13 years old at that point). With her though, her lump never seemed to bother her and was still very playful up until near the end. Hopefully your little dog will get better and live for a while yet. I wish you all the best! :hugs:

I'm sorry to hear your dog isn't well, Del. :hugs: I'm sure your hormones are not helping you cope at all. Hopefully when you go back to the vet, you can figure things out and he'll be OK. My parents had a dog that developed a lump as well that was on her for years before my parents had to make the tough decision to put her down last year. So I can understand your worries. She was such a sweet dog that was well loved by our whole family and I was very upset when she passed away (she was almost 13 years old at that point). With her though, her lump never seemed to bother her and was still very playful up until near the end. Hopefully your little dog will get better and live for a while yet. I wish you all the best! :hugs:

Thanks Jess,I hope so too. I certainly don't want him to suffer so I guess we will have to make decisions one by one at each visit depending on the results. I had a Scottie before and he unfortunately got liver cancer and had to be put to sleep aged 9. Think is partly why I'm freaked out by it all cos I've kind of been here before.

Yeah I'm sure going through something similar would definitely add to your worries. Hopefully this time will have a different outcome. We definitely don't want our pets to suffer but it's till always a tough situation and a difficult decision to have to make. :hugs:

@Del, sorry to hear about your pup. I'm a cat person myself, and have had to put a couple down well before their time for different reasons. It's never easy to watch a pet suffer and wish more than anything that you could explain to them that you're trying to help. Will say a prayer for you and the terrier.

Twag- I haven’t really experienced anything like that. Are you getting enough to eat/drink? I only get like that when I get too busy to eat or hydrate properly. Hopefully they can figure something out for you!

Delamere- So sorry about your dog. That would be emotional, pregnant or not. I hope they can find a cause and help him, or at least get him comfortable!

Just got back from doc: blood pressure is wonderful, they did a NST (where they listen to the babies heart beat and look for contractions) and all was great with baby Alia. Bad part is they are asking me to come in 2x/week for the NST testing...BOO! She said that she doesn't want baby to go beyond 39 weeks because of the deterioration of the placenta because of my GD... so she said she will keep an eye my cervix after thanksgiving, but there is a chance for induction around 3/4/5th of Jan. I said at that rate, lets try to have the first baby of the new year on Jan 1! She said she is working on call that day! I guess Ill be a mommy in about 45 days!

goldstns- Crazy how close it's getting! I think a New Year's baby would be fun :)

my only fear is a c-section, which is at higher rate when induced...so really hoping to go natural.

my only fear is a c-section, which is at higher rate when induced...so really hoping to go natural.

It's getting so close! :happydance:

I feel your pain on 2x a week appointments! My dr bumped me to twice a week this week bc of being on BP medicine. I think he's doing an nst once a week and a bpp at the other appointment each week. I know it's annoying but at least were in good hands. :thumbup:

Del - I am so sorry to hear about your pup :hugs: hope he isn't in too much pain and the meds help him or the vet works it out :hugs:

Thanks ladies - I am feeling better today this is the 3rd episode in the last 2 weeks (once last Monday, then Sunday and then yesterday) it is odd :wacko: It is not linked to food or drink and although laying on my left seems to ease it as soon as I move again the dizziness is back :wacko: I am going to ask the midwife tomorrow it may be a case of low blood pressue or something :shrug:

goldstns - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to go naturally!! Hopefully your little girl will want to make an early appearance! :winkwink: Or if not, I at least hope you have a smooth induction. Just to give a positive story about induction, my sister-in-law has 2 kids - one labor was induced and one she went into naturally (on the day she was supposed to be induced btw LOL). And she has always said that her induced labor was the easier and shorter of the two. So not all inducements have issues. Hopefully if you do need to be induced, your's will be an easy one! :thumbup:

I think a new years baby would be fun too, especially if you were the first one. But in my case, I'd rather not give birth that day just because I have two cousins who are new years babies and I'd like my little guy to have his own birthday. But whenever he decides to come, I'm sure it'll be a good day. :)

I was suppsed to have my next OB appointment tomorrow on my day off but I got a call the other day saying my doc has a surgery that day and I needed to reschedule. Now my appointment is next Tuesday which means more time off work. :( I may ask my boss if I can work from home in the morning so I don't have to miss too much time. But he's on travel this week so I won't be able to ask until next week unfortunately. So we'll see how it goes.

I know that as far as stats go it's better to go into labor naturally than induce for less medical interventions. I do know several people that just needed a little something to jump start labor and things went well for them. I totally understand not wanting to be induced though.

I finally had my appointment today, thankfully too because I didn't have any more syringes, needles, or progesterone and needed my shot! :lol:

I really like my new Doctor! She's more concerned than my previous Doctor and I feel more comfortable around her. She did a pelvic exam again and said my cervix felt thick and long, which is relieving! :happydance: I also did the 1-hour glucose test, for the first time ever, and I don't think it tasted bad at all! It tasted just like fruit punch, haha. Not what I expected! Any who, I can't believe I am already 32 weeks! I'm becoming nervous about the VBAC. I signed a waiver today that pointed out the risks of a VBAC and the risks of a repeat C-Section and they both seem scary! :dohh: Guess I'll have to read up on it more, and hopefully put my mind at ease.

Sorry to hear about your dog, Del. Hope you will get some good news and he'll be around as long as possible.

I keep getting a pain in my right side under my ribs. It's not severe, it feels more like a side ache but it has happened the past 3 evenings in a row. I don't feel it while I'm at work. Any ideas what this could be? I (think - doctors have never really told me for sure, just they don't know what causes the pain so they say it's probably an ulcer have had blood tests which were all normal) I have an ulcer which pregnancy has made way worse but it usually hurts more on the left side, and this feels a bit different.

In better spirits today:happydance: I now spend most of the day with my coloring books(bro bought them for me. haha) or sleeping

Goldstns, two of my friends were induced last month and they went into labor without any complications. Hoping that's the case for you also

Jess, my mom is a New year baby too <3

Twag, it might be just low blood pressure,but best to clear it with MW

WolfQ, I get that pain too,mostly on my right side :( I find tremendous relief after a massage

Bad news, had to have my dog put to sleep this morning. Beyond devastated. I was there with him til the end but have such huge heartache :-(

Del- so sorry! heart goes out to you!

Had braxton hicks like crazy last night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->