January Jelly Beans 2014!

I had my midwife appointment yesterday. Baby is head down and engaged. Cervix was open at the bottom and closed at the top (I guess that’s common for 2nd timers). Also measuring a little over a week behind now, where I was right on before. I am guessing he’s dropped a little. We got the green light for travel. We just need to stop and walk a lot. Really want to be with family, but so not looking forward to the 285 mile drive. Hoping the weather at least cooperates!!

goldstns- Do you have an exercise/birthing ball? That can help her to drop down without all the walking. It has gotten soo painful to walk. I wanted to cry getting groceries yesterday.

Lindsay- Exciting! Wow, that’s coming up quick for you! I hope baby will stay in until after Christmas for you.

Our midwives are not on call while they are in the clinic, which is nice for not cancelling appointments. They have days of the week they are in certain clinics and then other days they are on call. My midwife who I saw through my whole first pregnancy wasn’t there for the delivery, but she actually came on her own time just to visit after the baby was born. She’s really awesome.

I'm 36 weeks today! I have never been this pregnant before, and it feels good! :happydance:

I have an appointment on Friday for the Strep B test. Does anyone know what else happens during this appointment, or is it just the swab and that's it? :)

Goldstns, Happy birthday :cake:

Srrme, Congratulations :)

I'm 36 weeks today! I have never been this pregnant before, and it feels good! :happydance:

I have an appointment on Friday for the Strep B test. Does anyone know what else happens during this appointment, or is it just the swab and that's it? :)

I just got the swab at my last appt. They also checked to see if I was dilated. Aside from those two things it was like a routine OB appt for me.

Srrme,
At the strep B appt, everything else was the same for me, measure the belly, listen to the HB. She offered to check my cervix and I said I didn't see the point since even if I was dilated it doesn't mean anything. She agreed, so we skipped it.

Had a bit if a scare yesterday. Went to my MW appointment and she still measured me at 32 wks and said my babies heart rate was at the top end of the scale. He had been quiet too for a few days so she sent me up to the hospital. They were lovely. They put me on a fetal monitor and re measured me. The MW there got 32 weeks too. Luckily when I saw the doc he got 34.5 which is accurate and babies heart just raced when he moved which is normal. He is a little bit more active now he reassured me that everything is fine. He did say he was a big baby ironically but I think he meant more in the do fact that he isn't small like my MW thought. The idea of a big baby scares me! Nothing more than 8lbs is fine with me. The hospital will be sick if our family. My sis was there last week and now me! Best to be on the cautious side though so I'm glad I got checked out.

Feel exhausted today and sore from the exams. I definately found them more painful then when I was pg with my ds. Hope everyone is ok xx

Del - sorry to hear you went through all that. Glad you and baby are fine though.

Em xxx

Del glad to hear baby is all fine :hugs:

35 WEEKS TODAY :wohoo: :yipee: :happydance:

Aww, Del I'm sorry you had such a scare but glad all is calm again. Happy 35 weeks, Twag!

Glad everything is good Twag!

My LO has seemed slightly less active the last 24 hours, but has had the hiccups at least 4 times, so maybe they're just exhausting her? I know hiccups make me tired :)
Pelvic pain is pretty bad, not sure how many more days I can walk up to work from the bus stop, it make be time to switch to home. Boss lady leaves Thursday night for the holidays, so maybe tomorrow will be my last day in the office (except Monday, of course because the lab manager is bringing home made tamales- a Christmas tradition :)

I do have a ball at home and a chair ball at work. I thought it just helped get baby head down (which she is) so I stopped using it. Thanks for the idea, I will use it again!!

Thanks for the bday wishes!! It was a great day and my blood sugars were great!!

Had my ultrasound yesterday. Tech said she was very average for all her measurements. She is coming in a week ahead date wise, but said that is VERY normal because their measurements aren't spot on. He estimates her weighing about 6lbs 7 oz right now. So im hoping for a mid 7 lb baby, but who knows. Just happy she looks healthy!

Great news goldstns :thumbup:

Melann my little one has been quiet today too I wonder if it is due to the full moon last night or something :wacko: he had me worrying all morning and then this afternoon he is back on form :cloud9:

Happy 35 weeks twag!

Glad everyone's scans are going well!

My pelvic pressure and lower back pain started last night. Could this be a sign she's moving down?

Em xxx

Happy 35 weeks, Twag! :thumbup:

Happy Belated Birthday, goldstns. I'm glad you had a great day and that your u/s went well. :hugs:

Sorry your little ones have been worrying your melann and Twag. It's always nervewrecking when they have quiet times. Unfortunately for me, my little guy has never been much of a mover so I have LOTS of quiet time. I always have to remind myself that it's normal for him and try not to worry, but that's not easy! But soon after, he'll have is little spurts of movement and my worry will lessen.

I do have a question for those who've experienced Braxton Hicks contractions. I never felt any with my older son so I have no idea what they feel like. When they occur does your whole bump go hard? Or just part of it? I've been feeling what I've been thinking was just my little guy stretching as my belly gets a little hard in one area so I thought it was just his butt pushing out at that time. But today, I felt the same thing but it was a bit stronger than it had been and a little painful. So that got me thinking that maybe it was BH and not him stretching or not JUST him stretching if that makes sense. :) But my whole bump wasn't hard so I don't know. Anyone else experience anything like that? I'm not worried or anything - just curious really. So any experiences would be appreciated. :thumbup:

Emily what is it like walking & sitting down?? I ask this because my boy is engaged and OMG I can really tell when I walk about or sit down it is like I can feel it down there :wacko:

But I would say she has probably dropped :yipee:

I'm sitting now and I've got pressure just above my symphysis pubis bone and intermittently in my hips. The lower back pain comes and goes.

Em xxx

Happy 35 weeks, Twag! :thumbup:

Happy Belated Birthday, goldstns. I'm glad you had a great day and that your u/s went well. :hugs:

Sorry your little ones have been worrying your melann and Twag. It's always nervewrecking when they have quiet times. Unfortunately for me, my little guy has never been much of a mover so I have LOTS of quiet time. I always have to remind myself that it's normal for him and try not to worry, but that's not easy! But soon after, he'll have is little spurts of movement and my worry will lessen.

I do have a question for those who've experienced Braxton Hicks contractions. I never felt any with my older son so I have no idea what they feel like. When they occur does your whole bump go hard? Or just part of it? I've been feeling what I've been thinking was just my little guy stretching as my belly gets a little hard in one area so I thought it was just his butt pushing out at that time. But today, I felt the same thing but it was a bit stronger than it had been and a little painful. So that got me thinking that maybe it was BH and not him stretching or not JUST him stretching if that makes sense. :) But my whole bump wasn't hard so I don't know. Anyone else experience anything like that? I'm not worried or anything - just curious really. So any experiences would be appreciated. :thumbup:

With my BH I find it isn't my whole bump that goes hard but the lower half (always has been) and it comes across a hard and tbh I find it a little ouchie (takes my breath) and then goes doesn't stay long at all - lasts as long as a deep breath in and then out!
But I also get times when he is sticking his butt out and my bump goes hard where that is but it doesn't hurt :nope:

I'm sitting now and I've got pressure just above my symphysis pubis bone and intermittently in my hips. The lower back pain comes and goes.

Em xxx

This is hard to explain I am sitting here at my desk and I cannot put my legs together as my bump is in the way and I can feel it resting on my left which is uncomfortable if I do try! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->