January Jelly Beans 2014!

Happy belated birthday, goldstns! :cake:

And happy new weeks everyone!!! :happydance:

vtjess - I never thought I felt BH with my son either and it wasn't until a week ago I realized I think I've been getting them!! And like you, I just always assumed it was baby stretching or moving in a weird position. Pretty much the whole top part of my stomach gets really hard. I've noticed it happens a lot when I walk up the stairs in my home, but it also happens sometimes when I'm sitting.
Hope that helps a little? I felt so silly when I finally realized I must be feeling BH! :dohh:

I can close my legs but its uncomfortable. Sitting down and getting up is really uncomfortable too.

I've had BH since 23 weeks, my whole stomach goes hard, and today I've noticed lower back pain with them.

Em xxx

Thanks for relating your BH experiences guys. :thumbup: It definitely helps explain it some! LOL I'm still not 100% sure, but I'm thinking I may have felt a few BH but a majority were probably just my little guy stretching as I was figuring all along. What I felt earlier today though, I think of anything I've felt was more likely to be BH. As the top of my bump went hard and it was a bit painful. And as others have said, it didn't last long - maybe a few seconds.

For me, most BH have felt like menstrual cramps, have only had a few up higher. Usually at night for me. LO definitely pushes her little butt or knees or whatever and I get lumps that are rock hard, but if I push lightly on them, she pulls whatever it is back in :) Those only hurt when she pushes REALLY hard.

As for dropping, I definitely have a hard time keeping my legs together while sitting, for sure can't cross them well. Getting up from sitting is VERY difficult and the first few steps walking are pathetic. I have to hang on to something until I feel like my hips are stable. During our prenatal class the nurse showed us how during labor some women like to have their partner pull a scarf tight around their hips. (there's a fancy name for it I'm sure). Yesterday when I got home I was feeling quite unstable and so I just tied a scarf around my hips/butt while I was walking around the house. It felt great, I highly recommend it. During the class I didn't get it, I didn't think it would do anything, but man, once your hips are separating, it's a whole different feeling.

I'm glad it's not just me hobbling around! Hubby thought I'd lost it when I stood up last night!

Em xxx

Melaan thanks for the tip about the scarf :thumbup: I might try that

I googled it, it's called a Rebozo. Can be used during pregnancy, labor and delivery.

Happy new weeks ladies. :happydance:

I don't feel like my baby has dropped yet. He is head down but still not low enough I guess. I'm 35 weeks tomorrow so I guess there is time and I know 2nd babies drop later and sometimes not til labour.

Xx

I'm hobbling around pretty badly too. On a funny note, I can't sit with my legs together at all. Actually, when I sit straight up I have to adjust my belly between my legs and it rests on my hooha lol

I'm hobbling around pretty badly too. On a funny note, I can't sit with my legs together at all. Actually, when I sit straight up I have to adjust my belly between my legs and it rests on my hooha lol

Are they letting you go to 40 wks being twins? X

Delamere- Glad all is well. I would be totally freaked out if that happened.
goldstns- The ball spreads your legs in a better position to help baby engage. Lat time around when DD was breach they had to turn her and after the midwife said to sit on it as much as possible to get the head engaged. Worth a shot! I sit on mine at work just because my chair is so uncomfortable now. Glad baby is healthy!
Jess- I don’t feel when I have BH unless my hand is on my stomach and the whole thing is hard. Not sure if what you’re experiencing could be that or not.
I have been having a weird tingling sensation in my spine. It almost feels numb and comes and goes a ton. The midwife said it’s a nerve thing and nothing can be done. It’s super uncomfortable 

@want to be mommy, congrats on 37 weeks with twins! That's amazing! I would quite imagine you're hobbling!

I think I have caught a cold :( My whole body feels achy and uncomfortable in addition to my throat hurting like anything

Hope you feel better soon desp. Make sure you rest plenty and stay nice and warm :)

Em xxx

Morning. Hope everyone is ok.

New week for me.:happydance: Can't believe only 5 weeks to dd! It's just flown by so quick this time.

I'm not feeling great this morning, feel breathless and achey. My ds was quite naughty all day yesterday so it's totally taken it out of me! Hopefully he will be better today.

Despttc hope your cold gets better,try to rest up xx

Happy 35 Weeks Del :happydance:

Wow 37 weeks with twins well done that is fantastic :thumbup:

Desp sorry to hear about your cold I think I am getting a sinus cold as I wake all bunged up and they really ache :( eugh - hope it passes for you soon :hugs:

I was sitting on my ball last night as it was the only thing that was comfy but when I got up OMG it felt like he was falling out he was SO low and it was SO painful :wacko:

Sorry about the cold Desp :( My dd and then dh got colds this week. I had a sore throat and then nothing. Hoping I was spared the worst of it!

My right hip has been going out on me. Not happy about that. It's making getting things done difficult.

DH and I FINALLY decided on a name! :happydance: And by that, I mean he finally gave in and agreed to Blake! So excited! Less than 24 hours after he gave in, I ran to the craft store for supplies to make a sign to hang over his crib....you know, to solidify it :winkwink:

photo-2.jpg

Sorry to hear about your cold, Desp. :hugs: Hopefully it won't last you too long. I got a cold about a month ago and I'm just now getting over it. My nose would just not stop running! Yuck! Rest up and drink plenty of fluids. I hope you feel better soon.

Congrats on 35 weeks, Del!! :happydance:

Besides it being painful when I first stand up and get moving (ususally once i'm walking it's not so bad) and then turning over on bed...I've been spared too much pain so far. I don't think my little guy has started to engage yet; I think he's still pretty far up. I may ask my OB tomorrow at my appointment to be sure though. But since this is baby number 2, that's probably the case. :thumbup:

Acorn, I'm glad that your DH finally agreed to Blake! :thumbup: I'm sure you are glad that's decided! And I love the sign! So cute. :) We have my older son's name hung on his wall in wooden letters; now I just have to go get similar ones for little guy #2. :) We've had a name decided on for a while but I just haven't gotten to the craft store to pick up the letters. I should probably do that soon. LOL Though I'm still so very much behind on getting things ready...that probably shouldn't be top priority. :dohh:

Jess- I have a ton of other things that really need to get done, but crafting was much more fun, ha ha. Plus I felt like DH couldn't change his mind if I put a lot of work into it, he he.

I was told #2 probably wouldn't engage as soon, if at all before labor as well. I was surprised to hear that he has already engaged. She said he was at a -2 and that he wouldn't fully engage until labor because the pressure would send me into labor if he did. Wondering if him being engaged is a sign that he will come sooner rather than later with the 2nd one?

Just had midwife appointment and she's head down with 3/5th palpable :)

She measured bump to be 34cm. Will have to wait and see how big she is. Hoping not to make next appointment at 38+3 but I've got a feeling she'll be tightly in there!!

Em xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->