January Jelly Beans 2014!

Mel, its good to know that some of us will just loose the plug over time. What you are having sounds awfully like what is going on with me.

I have some pelvic pain, but im still moving. Doc said she is still high and I need to walk to get her to drop... however it is hard to walk when my pelvic bone hurts and my ankles are as big as grapefruits.

Mel,my symptoms sound the same too. :hugs: for what you are going through

Congrats desp!! :)

Well, I think baby girl will be making her arrival before New Years! My dr had said I would be induced at 39 weeks if my BP stayed constant, 38 weeks if it's on the rise, and possibly 37 weeks if I start developing signs of preeclampsia. My blood pressure was elevated over the weekend and was 143/84 at my appt today. He didn't say whether I had protein in my urine, but did say we would wait and see what happens at my appt Friday and order labs at that point. I'm thinking he thinks I'm beginning to show pre-e signs. The good news is that this is my last week of work so even if he wants to put me on bedrest for a bit, it won't interfere with work. Of course I just want the baby here safe and sound but I'm hoping not to have a Christmas baby, lol. I'm thinking December 28th would be okay. :)

linds: exciting, but feel good and take care of yourself!! I know it can be hard around the holidays. Can't wait to see a pic of your little on.

Since I really want a new years baby, my doc said I better get walking so she drops more (apparently she high).

Tomorrow is my bday... and I have an ultrasound... get to see my baby girl on my bday!!

36 weeks yay!!

Mel - I think I'm getting the same as you, hope it is the plug coming away slowly!

Linds - exiting that you might meet your little one very soon! Look after yourself!

Em xxx

Happy 36 weeks :happydance:

Hmm after reading this I do not wonder if mine is coming away slowly too as since he has dropped & engaged I have been getting a lot more discharge & it is more yellow (no infection down there) and I also had some eggwhite of which I would have been very pleased to see if we were TTC :haha: so maybe it is that :shrug:

I've been in a similar situation with losing bits of plug too.

Panicked me to start with.

Happy 36 weeks to those due to hit it in next few days... Very jealous lol.

My next midwife appt isn't until 36+6 cos of Christmas which has made me a bit sad... X

I have my 36 week appointment on 27th December I am lucky my midwifes are in over Christmas it seems *phew* I will be 36+2

That's the same day as mine. I normally have mine on the Monday and it's on the damn Friday..means there's not even going to be ten days between my 36 and 38 week appts. Hope I don't make it to 38 week appt. They are useless lol x

Mine have always seem to have fallen on a Friday so I am quite lucky :)

I am also hoping my little one comes sooner rather than later :wacko:

Just rude though isn't it? They're probably seeing people that really don't need to be seen that week. I literally had the last appointment. It's rubbish that where I am they make you wait until after your appt to book the next one. Xx

Ahh see my friend has that at her surgery but I am quite lucky as my midwife books my appointment on the system when I am in my appointment :thumbup:

It still amazes me how different it is from woman to woman I mean my friend is in the same area as me just a different Dr surgery :wacko:

The antenatal clinic isn't even in our surgery.. So bloody nightmare :-/

Is shocking though x

Mine is but I have had a different midwife every single time :dohh: and only to find out that these midwives are not the ones who will be there when I give birth :dohh:

Hey ladies, just thought I would add that I have had a yellowy mucous discharge for the last 2 weeks, some days it is clear, some days thicker and more yellow, sounds gross I know lol but it's not infection so I thought it might be loosing bits of plug. But I also noticed that after sex I get more discharge. I am sure I read somewhere on here that because our cervixes are closed the spermies have nowhere to go so it kind of works it's way back out :haha: sorry for TMI don't know if any of you noticed this too?

My discharge has always been a little yellowy and I've been tested and have no infection. :shrug: It's been more yellowy lately but I'm pretty sure it's because I've been leaking urine a little bit. :blush: I've had pretty bad discharge this whole pregnancy and with my older son as well so I'm used to it. I just wear a light pad every day, though that does get annoying! :dohh:

Congrats to those hitting 36 weeks! :thumbup: I hit that yesterday myself and I have my next OB appointment on Friday. I'll be getting my group b strep test and she'll be checking my cervix. So I'll see where I'm at. I'm pretty sure my little guy is still head down but I have no idea if he's engaged or not. I don't think I ever knew that with my older son either. My OB never mentioned anything about him "engaging" and I had my last OB appointment on a Monday and gave birth early that Friday morning. Maybe I'll ask on Friday what she thinks. I don't really feel like he's dropped yet much as my bump is still pretty high and I still feel some kicks in the ribs, though it's not usually too uncomfortable for me yet. Sometimes his movements can be painful but I haven't gotten to the point where I'm so uncomfortable that I'm done. It has gotten rather painful to walk (back and pelvic pain) and to turn over in bed, I can still deal with it for now. While I'd love to meet my new little man soon, I want him to stay in as long as he needs to fully develop. :) And if he could wait until at least Jan. 1st I'd be very grateful. LOL I don't have any indications that he'll be coming soon so I think I'm pretty good for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->