January Jelly Beans 2014!

Try that's sooo exiting!! I wish we knew what date were having her!!

Em xxx

Wow that is soon but how exciting! I would love to know when my little guy was coming too! I'm not really enjoying being pregnant at this moment in time :-(

I have mw again Tuesday to check my fundal height. I have had loads of discomfort on my right side this pregnancy. I feel like its always the same spot when baby moves and I can't sit straight up anywhere cos its so uncomfortable and painful. Is it just where baby is sitting do you think? Brings tears to my eyes x

Sorry you're in so much pain, Del :( I always feel like baby is laying on my right side and so it's always so sore on the right :( it's hard to lay on that side also.

My boy is head down & engaged so sitting too long is uncomfortable but also his back & bum are on my left but his limbs are all out to the right which is so painful when he stretches out and kicks ouch also he has found a lovely nerve down on my right which send a shocking pain through my body when he gets it :dohh: :cry:

I hope he moves and stops making it so painful for you Del

Oh at my midwife appointment Friday my fundal height was 32 when I am 34 weeks :shrug:

Del- I hope the pain eases! Maybe it will get better when he drops?

I hear ya on the nerve pain down there, ouchy!!

Twag- fundal height isn't very accurate at all. Last pregnancy I fell more than 3 weeks behind and got sent in for an ultrasound (midwife said their policy was to do an ultrasound if it got to be more than 3 behind), and baby measured right on time for the ultrasound. I think how baby is positioned and how you carry can change the fundal height a lot. I think it's pretty common to be over or under without any issues.

Got my MW appt in the afternoon so will see what she says about my fundal height. I do feel a little anxious but I know it could just be if baby has moved position and I know they aren't always accurate x

I was feeling that LO had gotten lower due to reduced rib pain and change in my bump, but now in the last few days I'm thinking she's even lower because I'm having a lot of pelvic pain. I feel absolutely fine while sitting or lying down, but I walked a fair amount on Friday and again this morning (plus it's only about 10 degrees F outside) and my pelvis feels like I did 1000 squats. Very sore when I stand up. Could this mean that she's engaging? I also have had increased discharge the last couple days, slightly yellow and mucousy. No big plug, just like ovulation discharge kind of, except a bit more yellow.
Thoughts?

mel- I can't for sure answer you questions, but after my dilation check last week I have been having the same discharge. It would make sense it is the plug because I am 2 cm dilated and she most likely moved it around to let if free. So I am guessing it is your plug. However I have the pelvic pain and she has dropped, but I don't know if that means our baby's are engaged or not. I am not sure... sry about that one!

Oh I know it isn't a pure science it is just we have always measured spot on to be 2 weeks behind this time but I am totally putting it down to him dropping as opposed to always being breech :thumbup: I actually think he has dropped further as OMG so much pressure down there & ouch walking is a struggle

Had a doc appt this afternoon. Doc measured my fundal height and it was 1cm less than last week, so add in her assumed growth and she probably dropped 2cm. Definitely less pain in my ribs and more on my cervix! Also asked about the mucousy discharge and he said that while some women have the bloody show when the plug comes out, it's also common to have it thin gradually and appear as increased mucous, which is what he assumes I'm experiencing. I told him I was planning to go 85 miles this Saturday for my grandmother's funeral and again next week for Christmas and he said his recommendation would be to not. He said that obviously I can go against his suggestion, but that he wasn't a fan of the idea. I asked about checking my cervix, whether there was a point, and he said, "yeah, I wish." You could be 2-3cm and not go into labor for weeks, or you could be 0cm and have her tomorrow. I knew that, but it was good to hear him say it.
Haven't decided what we'll do yet. It's snowing like crazy right now, so we will just take it one day at a time. Would hate to miss grandma's funeral, but my mom reminded me that the important thing is that I saw her several times in the last couple months. I just feel like I want to be there for my mom.
I work on a very large campus and take the bus to work. Once I get off I walk a few blocks to my office. This morning it was QUITE painful as she must be getting into my pelvis. Not sure how many more days I'll do it. I can do most things from home, but have to meet with my boss sometimes (like tomorrow :(
How are you ladies getting along?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->