January Jelly Beans 2014!

Great news Emily :wohoo:

OK sorry if this is a stupid question but what does 3/5th palable mean? :wacko:

She can feel 3/5ths of the baby's head so the rest of it is engaged. The midwife said there is definately enough engaged for me to be feeling pressure.

Em xxx

Arghhh thanks :thumbup: my midwifes never say anything in percentile or anything like that so I get confused :wacko:

Great news :yipee:

:wave:

Posted an ultrasound pic on FB. Bobby is still head down and measuring well!

Hope you all have a good holiday :xmas3:

Thank you ladies! Feeling better :)

Had my doc appt today. Baby measuring 36weeks,hasn't dropped. Head down. Scan appt on Monday. Doc was pleased with my blood pressure too :)

Great news, Emily and Hakuna! :)

And glad you are feeling better, desp!

I have my doctors appointment tomorrow where I'll get the group b strep and have my cervix checked. Maybe she'll say something about engagement too. However, I don't remember ever being told with my older son that he was engaged. I only ever remember her mentioning dialiation and effacement, though I don't remember the numbers. LOL I really should have wrote stuff down for future reference. :dohh: I'm also hoping that I can get a lot of stuff done tomorrow. I need to finishe wrapping Christmas presents, start on washing the baby's clothes and pack our hospital bags. If I can even get half of that done tomorrow I'll be thrilled. LOL

Oh it's all getting exciting now and very close!! :happydance:

We are all waiting on my sister here now cos she's due Christmas Day! She's had no signs yet though.

Is everyone ready for Christmas? X

Have had tons more BH in the last 24 hours. Last night I actually had one that made me feel nauseous. Today they are pretty frequent, but the baby is also pushing SUPER hard on my belly, so it is almost constant tightness. They don't "hurt" per se, so I'm sure it's not real labor, but just feels like my belly is being wrapped like a mummy, super super tight. I have had plenty of the low menstrual cramp like discomfort too. I can't call any of it "pain," but I'd like to think my threshold is pretty high, I used to get REALLY bad period cramps, like on the floor vomiting bad, and last year with my MC I had contractions for several hours (it was not medically induced) that had me doubled over, but I could still tolerate it pretty well, and those of course I think were severely worsened by the emotional state of what I knew to be happening.
None of my current pains are like that, but definitely uncomfortable. I want the little one to stay cooking, but surely I can't have BH this frequently for the next 3.5 weeks can I?

Spent the night vomiting and the day in the ER. They think stomach bug. Got tons of fluid and anti nausea meds. Luckily baby was doing just fine threw it all.

Great news, Emily and Hakuna! :)

And glad you are feeling better, desp!

I have my doctors appointment tomorrow where I'll get the group b strep and have my cervix checked. Maybe she'll say something about engagement too. However, I don't remember ever being told with my older son that he was engaged. I only ever remember her mentioning dialiation and effacement, though I don't remember the numbers. LOL I really should have wrote stuff down for future reference. :dohh: I'm also hoping that I can get a lot of stuff done tomorrow. I need to finishe wrapping Christmas presents, start on washing the baby's clothes and pack our hospital bags. If I can even get half of that done tomorrow I'll be thrilled. LOL

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! They did my strep B test today and said I'd know the results at my appointment next week.

Also good luck with chipping away at your to do list!

Anyone know what temp is too high for baby? Mine is 100 .1

I don't have any experience with BH, melann, but hopefully they die down for you soon. I'd hope you wouldn't just continue to experience them until real labor starts, at least not that frequently. If you get too concerned, I'd probably follow up with your doctor/midwife. Good Luck!

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, goldstns. I hope you are feeling better today! :hugs:

I had my OB appointment today and it went well overall. Started out not so great as I had to wait over an hour past my appointment time to be seen. So annoying!! Sitting in a waiting room for an hour and half is no fun. But everything is looking good so far. My BP was right where it should be and I haven't gained any weight since last time. She did ask (again) if I am eating, which I am - I eat ALL the Time - but didn't seem overly concerned. Got my group b strep test done, though she didn't say when I'd get the results. I'm sure they'll get them back by my appointment next week, though. She also checked my cervix and said I'm 1 cm dilated and about 30% effaced, which she said was similar to where I was at this same time with my last pregnancy. So I'm off to a good start, though I realize I could be here for a while. :) I remembered all of my questions, which I'm very happy about. LOL I've been having an increased amount of discharge (and I've had a good bit since my BFP) so I expressed my concerns about that. When she checked me she said, it just looked like discharge and not an infection or leaking fluid so it's nothing concerning but that I should keep an eye on things. I'm just concerned because I have NO idea when my water went last time with my older son. I just know that after I was in labor and went to the hospital they were already gone. So I'm worried that the same thing will happen and I won't know...and then if I contractions don't start in a reasonable time...I'd rather not be endangering my little guy if possible. She just told me what to look out for and to just keep an eye on things. Hopefully it'll be more noticeable this time and I have nothing to worry about. :thumbup:

And I actually got some things done today too. Baby's clothes are in the washer and dryer currently and I wrapped all of my older son's Christmas presents. :happydance: So I'm working down my to-do-list.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Sounds like you made a good start jess!

Hope you feel better soon goldstns. Sounds awful x

I made a good start packing hospital bag. Been washing and drying baby clothes. Got loads from when ds was a baby. Xmas is all done just need to wrap ds presents then think we are pretty sorted. Going to my mums xmas day and my oh family boxing day so no cooking or tidying up which is awesome! Got a wedding tomorrow which will be a long day. My stamina is ridiculous atm. Get a bad back quickly and been getting sciatic in my bottom.

Hope everyone has a good weekend x

feeling 90% better, thanks god! Decided to work from home today so that I could sit on the couch and take care of myself if needed.

Wish I had the motivation to clean this house. I always feel bad when I am sick and the house gets so messy.

As long as I am feeling better I plan to have a spa day tomorrow; DH bought me a massage, pedi and facial! now if i could just shave my legs so I don't feel gross!

Sorry you had to wait so long at your appointment, Jess! A few of mine have had wait times like that :rolleyes: my last appointment I was in and out in 15 minutes, and that included a cervix check and GBS test! But I'm glad to hear everything is going good for you and baby!

Hope you enjoy the wedding tomorrow, del! :)

Goldstns I hope you are able to have your spa day tomorrow!! Sounds heavenly! And 37 weeks is considered full term :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->