• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

January Jellybeans 2013!...

Okay I just have to vent about how irritating it is when people smoke in public areas, and everyone around them has to walk near it or through it. This isn't meant to offend anyone, but it is, in my opinion, pretty inconsiderate to smoke right at the entrance of the grocery store or right in the parking lot getting into or out of your car (right next to my car, and I walk in your cloud of smoke). It's fine (but unfortunate) if someone wants to inhale hundreds of known carcinogens, but why make other people inhale it, too? :wacko:

Clean, fresh air is a basic right, and people should be more considerate of others. Just my take!

Okay I just have to vent about how irritating it is when people smoke in public areas, and everyone around them has to walk near it or through it. This isn't meant to offend anyone, but it is, in my opinion, pretty inconsiderate to smoke right at the entrance of the grocery store or right in the parking lot getting into or out of your car (right next to my car, and I walk in your cloud of smoke). It's fine (but unfortunate) if someone wants to inhale hundreds of known carcinogens, but why make other people inhale it, too? :wacko:

Clean, fresh air is a basic right, and people should be more considerate of others. Just my take!

TOTALLY AGREE!
I went into the HOSPITAL the other day and because it was raining, everyone was close to the doors under the overhang so they didn't get wet. I had to walk through smoke to get in. People were smoking right next to the NO SMOKING WITHIN 10M OF ENTRANCE sign! So inconsiderate.

Can we all share a little info about ourselves so we can get to know each other better? I'll start:

I'm 26, DH is 31
We've been ttcing for 2 years on and off (mostly on) and finally got a BFP in cycle 26
Got my BFP 16 dpo
this is our first child
my preference is to have a water birth at home but we'll see how that goes

What about you ladies?

I'm 31, DH is 33.
Got my 1st BFP *ever* this April.
Live in Dallas, Texas.
Preference is for just the regular hospital birth with an epidural and all. :blush:

TOTALLY AGREE!
I went into the HOSPITAL the other day and because it was raining, everyone was close to the doors under the overhang so they didn't get wet. I had to walk through smoke to get in. People were smoking right next to the NO SMOKING WITHIN 10M OF ENTRANCE sign! So inconsiderate.

Ugh! And outside a hospital?! :growlmad: How ironic... Think about it, it's the air we BREATHE. It irritated me even before I got pregnant, but now it just boils my blood. I'm not going to say we should ban all smoking, because obviously that is infringing on a person's right, but at the same time, I think non-smokers should have the RIGHT to be able to avoid that nastiness in PUBLIC spaces like stores, HOSPITALS, and parks. They should be the ones inconvenienced and not others. I am temporarily staying in Florida (I live in Texas) and around here it is shocking how many people seem to smoke EVERYWHERE in public in this particular area. Sorry, I'm just annoyed.

I'm 32 DH is 40
Got my BFP 16 dpo
this is our second child, ds is 18 months old, will be 26 months when new addition is here :D
my prefrence is a hospital birth with all the bells and whistles!

im 25, hubby is 24, lil boy is 18m,
birth preference = get the baby born safely.

I'm 30, DH 27
This is our first child (we want 2 or 3)
Got my :bfp: at 9dpo
Birth plan - Go with the flow :haha:

I'm almost 23, DF is 25.
This is my fifth pregnancy, but fourth baby.
No idea how many dpo I am, not entirely sure on dates.
No birth plan, no point it never goes how you'd like. But I would LOVE a home birth as I fettled out of having one with Millie as it was back labour.

What about jobs? what do/did we all do? and OH, be interesting to see everyone's professions!
I used to work for my dad up until I had Millie, will be returning once Millie is 6 months for a few months before this one, he works with cars. My DF is a carer at a nursing home :) Not the most exciting of jobs! lol.

hubbys an army medic, im a sahm , before we were posted overseas i worked in a call centre

DH is a patisserie chef and I'm part of the management team for a hotel. I would love to be a SAHM though!

I'm 30 dh is 28
Just about to celebrate our first wedding anniversary
Been trying for 11 months got my first ever bfp at 11dpo. I am 17dpo today
I manage a sports complex and dh is a computer networker

Due Jan. 10th! Congrats and a very happy and healthy 9 months to all you lovely ladies:flower:

Hi

I'm 30, DH is 35
Marries 2 yrs this August
Been trying for 8 months
Got BFP 10dpo
Due Jan 4 2013
First pregnancy

I have this stitch in my side almost like someone is pinching me
Anyway it won't go away so it's on my mind...

I'm still not sure I really believe I'm PG ...

Do you guys keep expecting to get cramps and start?

I just had my BFP confirmed with a blood test on Tuesday. Found out with at home test I was pg on Sunday 10 DPO. I have had cramping since Monday off and on...mostly on right side. Sometimes I feel like I have AF cramps but then they leave after maybe 20 min. I am on CD 30...14 DPO and no bleeding and my temp is still very high. I'd go ahead and test!

I'm 25 Dh is 27. married 4 yrs
we weren't trying, but weren't being too careful about preventing
due January 7
I'm hoping for natural water birth. I attempted it last time, but had posterior 60 hour labor that ended with an epi and 3 hours difficult pushing. Considering home birth, but will probably go with the birthing center, and I'm a doula

I'm 30 dh is 28
Just about to celebrate our first wedding anniversary
Been trying for 11 months got my first ever bfp at 11dpo. I am 17dpo today
I manage a sports complex and dh is a computer networker

Congrats:hugs:

DH is a Computer Technician and i'm a Real Estate Agent part time, so i'm home most of the day.

Hey girls, just read this all. Excited for you all.

I am Tasha 26 (almost 27), DH is Matt and 29.
Got our BFP yesterday at 9/10dpo
EDD 13th Jan, but would have an induction at 37 weeks so 24/12
This is our 16th pregnancy, siggy explains it all :flower:

Tasha - have to say you are amazing! 16 pregnancies - sorry for your losses and a health and happy 9 months x

Yeah I forgot how horrendous pregnancy sleep was and then its all come back to me the last few days. I'm going to miss my 10-12hr solid sleeps :-(

WHAT - I'm so jealous! DS has never STTN, pregnancy sleep will make no different to me! My attitude was very much 'get the tiny babies over and done with so I can sleep again'.

I was very much the same first pregnancy, but now I have an OH that smokes I guess I've become a lot more 'forgiving'. Not to say I don't agree - I totally do. I hate smoking and I hate having to inhale second hand smoke, I'm just having to be relaxed about it iykwim? I wouldn't have inhaled paint fumes the first time and I stopped dying my hair completely all pregnancy. This time I already feel chilled about it.
Smoke was an instant sickness trigger for me last time, any at all. Poor OH, maybe it'll kick him up the ass to stop :haha:

I'm 22, OH is 28
Got my BFP at 11DPO, confirmed at 12. 4th cycle trying but first I got a pos ovulation test :)
My second baby, DS is 16 months old.
Live in Northern Ireland
If it wasn't the winter I'd consider a home birth, but am hoping from a G&A feast and a waterbirth. I was induced last time at term due to complications, borderline GD and gallstone attacks. Fingers crossed I avoid that this time.
OH works at a law firm and I'm a SAHM (possibly looking at part time work)

Tasha I have seen you around a few times on BnB, wishing you a happy and healthy nine months and a screaming baby in your arms x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->