January Jellybeans 2013!...

How we all feeling? Really need to sort my ticker out my cant figure out how :dohh: ms has hit iv felt so nauseous since yesterday evening right now I'm deep breathing as Im sure I'm going to be sick. I'm pretty sure this beany is a girl don't know why just a feeling I have

welcome newbies!!! congratulations on your BFP's.

Nikki is there many extra complications being a type 1 diabetic and pregnant? do you just follow the same worries as someone with gestational diabetes?

To be honest...im not sure! My best friend is 7 months and found out she has gestational diab and she told me how hard it is for her...theyve told her if she doesnt get under control shell have a 10 lb baby.... Same with type 1 i have to be careful to keep my sugars well which isssss super tough when u have a growing baby inside of u! They also said first 8 weeks of pregnancy is crucial on keeping sugars normal because it can cause birth defects....i also have a very high chance of pre eclampsia near labor... Most every diabetic i know had to have emergency c sections because of it...im scared, but i know well get hrough it! :)

My mum had gestational diabetes but she was amazing at keeping everything under control. It went undetected in one pregnancy and the baby ended up at 10lbs but in all the pregnancies it was detected for the babies were 7lb-8lb but only because she worked hard at maintaining a good sugar free diet.

Yes its definately possible. I take insulin 5 times a day which is a struggle in itself. They told me the first trimester I would have tons of low blood sugars but by 2nd trimester my insulin needs would go up and possibly over 100-200 units a day... regularly i take about 50 units a day so thats a big jump!!

Happy 6 weeks to all my fellow sweet peas out there!!!

Yes its definately possible. I take insulin 5 times a day which is a struggle in itself. They told me the first trimester I would have tons of low blood sugars but by 2nd trimester my insulin needs would go up and possibly over 100-200 units a day... regularly i take about 50 units a day so thats a big jump!!

sounds like a journey and a half!!

I'm sure with the right doctor and proper monitoring everything will be fine.

Hi ladies,

Found you from another thread! Just found out yesterday I'm expecting baby number 3, dh's 1st. We're so excited as we've been trying since August and found out about 2 and a half months ago that my thyroid levels were off even though I'm medicated for it. So after a dosage change and my levels going back to a better level, we finally got our bfp!!

Congrats to everyone here!

I had borderline GD last time, I monitered my blood sugar but it was never high. Despite that I had a 10lbs baby. I weigh less this time round but have already gained so much weight :(
Really wanting the sickness to kick in and get my weight on track before the midwives weigh me,as then I'm medium risk and can't use my local hospital :(

Type 1 does require a lot more attention and monitering, hoping everything will be straight forward for you :hugs:

Hi ladies,

Found you from another thread! Just found out yesterday I'm expecting baby number 3, dh's 1st. We're so excited as we've been trying since August and found out about 2 and a half months ago that my thyroid levels were off even though I'm medicated for it. So after a dosage change and my levels going back to a better level, we finally got our bfp!!

Congrats to everyone here!

CONGRATS!!! Such an amazing feeling!! :)

oops forgot that my due date is January 16th :)

Thanks, Nikki!! It is :)

I can't believe we are almost at 90 ladies preggo for January due dates! OMG!!! Thats 3 births a day! hehee!

For me the MS comes and goes but the extreme fatigue, hunger n frequent urination are constant companions now.

Hi ladies. I'd like to join in! Found out last Saturday at 9 dpo. Edd is January 17th! So exciting that there is so many in jan already!

:D lots of Jan babys hehe looks like its going to be a big month for us ladies :thumbup: congrats to everyone:hugs:

@Betheney, thanks for doing such an AWESOME job of keeping the thread updated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->