January Jellybeans 2013!...

Hi Ladies!

I GOT MY SCAN DATE!!!! Next saturday!! cant believe it xxx

I'm a first-time traditional surrogate and due Jan 2nd! :happydance:

Oh Samba!!!! I cant wait to hear how it goes!

JJJ - such a magical selfless thing you are doing, what is a traditional surrogate vs a non-traditional surrogate?

Hi ladies. I got my BFP on 9 dpo for my first baby being due January 1!! :happydance:

How did you tell your husband/partner? We're planning to tell our immediate family on Monday.

To tell DH, when he came home from work I had both dogs wear a piece of paper on their collars. It said "Mommy's going to be busy January 1. Love dogs and baby". And I made him his favorite waffles. To tell the immediate family, we are all going out for dinner to celebrate DH's birthday. I'm going to hand him his b-day card and he'll open it up for all to see "I am going to be a daddy". :happydance: We're only telling immediate family at this point. They are our support system.

Hi Ladies!

Can I join? Congrats to you all. :flower:

Got my BFP this past Tuesday. :happydance: FF says DD is Jan. 2 or 3 (since I'm not sure exactly when I ovulated).

My only symptom at 4.5 weeks is feeling lightheaded and even dizzy if my blood sugar gets too low. Oh yeah, and major bloating....I have my 6 wk appt on May 10th.

Go New Year's Babies! :baby:

Congrats Babyhopeful2 and Mbhg1980 - Whoo hooo!
DH was there when I tested so he knew pretty much straight away. We have told our close friends and family, as in parents / close friends etc.

I called my mum and said 'what are you doing on jan 4th?' I got the 'god knows, I don't even know what I'm doing this weekend' I said 'well you better keep it free . . . Nanny!' and she went crazy - she was in the middle of Tesco's and has to pass the phone to the checkout girl who said she'll call you back. She is very excited x

Welcome new mummas!!!

hahahaha what a great reaction from the Nanna to be!

I made a little thread about how i told my hubby https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...my-husband-im-preggo-edited-his-reaction.html

JJJ - such a magical selfless thing you are doing, what is a traditional surrogate vs a non-traditional surrogate?

Traditional is using my egg and the intended parent's sperm.

Gestational surrogacy is using the intended parent's sperm and egg, which is implanted back into the surrogate or their egg and donor sperm or donor egg and the intended father's sperm.

congratulations to the new bfps!

This time I told DH with the big sister shirt on DD. Last time I was pregnant, I found out on fathers day and left on fathers day card on his bed.

Love to hear these stories

Gestational surrogacy is using the intended parent's sperm and egg, which is implanted back into the surrogate or their egg and donor sperm or donor egg and the intended father's sperm.

oh wow so not only are you being a surrogate but you are also donating your egg!!! good for you. I looked into kickstarting egg donation myself not long ago but discovered you can't do it when you're breastfeeding.

So i'm sorry to be frank but if gestational is the donor egg and intended fathers sperm and if that's technically what you did but you classified it as traditional does that mean you had sex with the intended father? that sure would save alot of the IVF costs. I'm so interested in surrogacy!!

oh wow so not only are you being a surrogate but you are also donating your egg!!! good for you. I looked into kickstarting egg donation myself not long ago but discovered you can't do it when you're breastfeeding.

So i'm sorry to be frank but if gestational is the donor egg and intended fathers sperm and if that's technically what you did but you classified it as traditional does that mean you had sex with the intended father? that sure would save alot of the IVF costs. I'm so interested in surrogacy!!

No! We did AI (artifical insemination) which is where my intended parents (who are both male btw) provided a sample and I inseminated myself.

If you have sex, it is not surrogacy.

It gets complicated but I could of been considered a donor of my egg and gone through IVF to mix it outside the womb, with their sperm but that complicates matters and as you say, IVF is very expensive.

Gestational surrogacy with a donor egg is where the intended mother cannot use her own eggs (perhaps she doesn't have any or maybe she has a genetic condition) so uses one from a stranger who donated theirs and that is fertilized outside the womb using the intended father's sperm and then put back into the surrogate's womb.

congratulations to the new bfps!

This time I told DH with the big sister shirt on DD. Last time I was pregnant, I found out on fathers day and left on fathers day card on his bed.

Love to hear these stories

We're going to do the shirt for the grandparents

only i just dont' like the look of any of them but i did come across one that said "this little cupcake is going to be a big sister" and had a picture of a cupcake :) i think i'm going to choose that one.

Can I join please got my bfp 2 days ago, I have irregular cycles so my ticker is wrong I think I'm due around 5th January, based on conception being about 14th April.

Hi ladies! Can I join? I got my bfp yesterday at about 11dpo and am due Jan 7. First ob appt tues for bloods due to my previous losses. Congrats everyone!

congrats Readynwaiting, looks like we share a due date!

congrats Readynwaiting, looks like we share a due date!
Have you had any cramps or stretching? Since tues I've felt poopy with cramps and heaviness. I don't get any discomfort with af so I guess this is what people say is similar? Other than that not too much going on. I've had some breast/nipple tenderness but that might just be me prodding at them. Lol

I've had on / off cramping and a heavy AF about to show feeling today. My nipples have been tender but not so much today other than that feel 'normal' lol x

I also don't usually get cramps with my AF. So maybe what I describe next is actually cramping, I'm just not sure. My abdomen has been very tight and I've been bloated. I would say if it is cramps they are slight and come every so often. I did have horrible lower back pain today. Being big busted, I'm used to dealing with upper back pain. But lower back pain is difficult to deal with. Anyone have suggestions for easing lower back pain? I tried stretching my legs to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->