January Jellybeans 2013!...

welcome new mamas :wave: and congratulations on your BFP!!! tell us a bit about yourself.

My bloating was so monstrous last night i looked about 4 months pregnant :-/

Hi ladies, may I join you? I just got a bfp today at 12dpo. Due date is January 7th. I've had three miscarriages so I am praying for a sticky bean.

So excited to be posting here with you all though!!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Hi Trissy, congratulations! I hope your little bean is a sticky one and that you have a healthy and happy 9 months.

I've got lots of cramps, painful ones. Actually don't remmeber my cramps being this painful last time. Going to call my midwives tomorrow and setup my first prenatal, most likely won't be seen until 8 wks.

When is everyones first prenatal appointment?

Hey ladies! CAN I JOIN????

I found out yesterday (FRER) that I am due January 6th! I confirmed today with a digital! So nice to see the word "pregnant"!!!!!

I had a twin mc in November and this is my first pregnancy since!

Hello Ladies!

I got my BFP yesterday at 12DPO, estimated DD is Jan 5th. Mind if I join you as well? :)

I have a 2 year old daughter, so this is #2 for me!

JJJ - such a magical selfless thing you are doing, what is a traditional surrogate vs a non-traditional surrogate?

Traditional is using my egg and the intended parent's sperm.

Gestational surrogacy is using the intended parent's sperm and egg, which is implanted back into the surrogate or their egg and donor sperm or donor egg and the intended father's sperm.

oh wow so not only are you being a surrogate but you are also donating your egg!!! good for you. I looked into kickstarting egg donation myself not long ago but discovered you can't do it when you're breastfeeding.

So i'm sorry to be frank but if gestational is the donor egg and intended fathers sperm and if that's technically what you did but you classified it as traditional does that mean you had sex with the intended father? that sure would save alot of the IVF costs. I'm so interested in surrogacy!!

No! We did AI (artifical insemination) which is where my intended parents (who are both male btw) provided a sample and I inseminated myself.

If you have sex, it is not surrogacy.

It gets complicated but I could of been considered a donor of my egg and gone through IVF to mix it outside the womb, with their sperm but that complicates matters and as you say, IVF is very expensive.

Gestational surrogacy with a donor egg is where the intended mother cannot use her own eggs (perhaps she doesn't have any or maybe she has a genetic condition) so uses one from a stranger who donated theirs and that is fertilized outside the womb using the intended father's sperm and then put back into the surrogate's womb.

I just wanted to say that I am in AW of people like you who do such selfless acts for the good of other people!

Welcome babydust and greens!

How are you both feeling??? How did your other half's react???

Got my appt tomorrow with my GP as he is my care during pregnancy. So I'm excited about that and ready to get a dreaded blood test underway.

I am good!
My only symptoms so far are:
-slightly sore boobs (not super bad yet, I remember last time, but about 5-6 weeks I needed to wear a sports bra to bed) so I am waiting for it to get worse :(
- a little dizziness
- one random wave of nausea on Friday....nothing since.

I am going for bloodwork on Monday!

Welcome babydust and greens!

How are you both feeling??? How did your other half's react???

Got my appt tomorrow with my GP as he is my care during pregnancy. So I'm excited about that and ready to get a dreaded blood test underway.

Feeling good so far!!

I waited till DH got from work. Our 8th wedding anniversary is May 15th, so I ran to the store, got a gift bag, some tissue paper and a digi test. I took the digi and then wrapped that up and gave it to him as an early anniversary gift.

He knew before he even opened it!

Good Luck at your appt tomorrow!

I woke up yesterday morning to spend the day with my Mom and knew I was taking the test that morning.

I went downstairs and took it! Cried by myself and then went upstairs to tell my hubby!
I bought a VERY CUTE baby giraffe a few months ago (we are doing a zoo themed nursery!) and used him to help me tell my DH.

I went into the dark bedroom, crawled into bed and crawled the giraffe on him and said "wakkkkke upppppp......" he opened his eyes and saw the giraffe and then I said "you're going to be a Daddy!"

His response "really?!?!?!?!?!" and sat up in bed and gave me a GIANT hug and an "OH MY GOD! YEYYY"

Congratulations on your anniversary! Me and hubby are 8 years in July but married 3 in October :)

Congrats ladies!
I have my first appt tues to have blood drawn due to previous losses and then an u/s Around 6 wks.

Hi and congrats to all the newbies!

My first appointment on Tuesday with the midwive.
Symptom wise I've not really had any, which I'm not sure whether to be worried about or not? Those I have had have been cramping on / off, sore boobs but now normal, and tired. They are all normal to me! Having said that I've been mega ratty and emotional today - I cried because dh couldn't fix the kitchen cupboard.

I want to join! I'm due the 4th. Just did a test yesterday after AF was 3 days late.

I've got lots of cramps, painful ones. Actually don't remmeber my cramps being this painful last time. Going to call my midwives tomorrow and setup my first prenatal, most likely won't be seen until 8 wks.

When is everyones first prenatal appointment?

My first apt is May 24. Anyone know what will happen at the first apt? Can they use ultrasound to see anything yet? I need to know if DH should go with me or not. So excited! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->