January Jellybeans 2013!...

I've got lots of cramps, painful ones. Actually don't remmeber my cramps being this painful last time. Going to call my midwives tomorrow and setup my first prenatal, most likely won't be seen until 8 wks.

When is everyones first prenatal appointment?

My first apt is May 24. Anyone know what will happen at the first apt? Can they use ultrasound to see anything yet? I need to know if DH should go with me or not. So excited! :happydance:

Hey Babyhopeful2!
I had a mc in November but was 11 weeks when I lost the twins. So I have experience with a fist dr's appt.

It is different, depending on where you live. Mine was like this:
- appt was with my family doctor, she asked a bunch of questions (was it planned? how are you feeling? symptoms? etc). Dates....gave me my official due date (which I already knew). Then she weighed me and also did a pelvic/breast exam. She gave me the requisition for an ultrasound and I went a few days later.

Hope this is helpful!

I've got lots of cramps, painful ones. Actually don't remmeber my cramps being this painful last time. Going to call my midwives tomorrow and setup my first prenatal, most likely won't be seen until 8 wks.

When is everyones first prenatal appointment?

My first apt is May 24. Anyone know what will happen at the first apt? Can they use ultrasound to see anything yet? I need to know if DH should go with me or not. So excited! :happydance:

Hey Babyhopeful2!
I had a mc in November but was 11 weeks when I lost the twins. So I have experience with a fist dr's appt.

It is different, depending on where you live. Mine was like this:
- appt was with my family doctor, she asked a bunch of questions (was it planned? how are you feeling? symptoms? etc). Dates....gave me my official due date (which I already knew). Then she weighed me and also did a pelvic/breast exam. She gave me the requisition for an ultrasound and I went a few days later.

Hope this is helpful!

Thank you. Once I had my positive test I called my family dr. to get a referral /recommendation for an OBGYN. I hope she does an ultrasound. Were you able to see anything on the ultrasound, at the very least do you get to see a heartbeat? If so, my DH should join me!

at my 8 week ultrasound I saw the heartbeats! you MIGHT by the 7 week one.... but I would wait until 8 weeks so as to not freak yourself out if you don't see one!

AJThomas - we have the same due date!

Ladies need some advice - I've been having on off shooting pains tonight in my right hand lower tummy, same place really that I've been having the cramping. I don't have pain anywhere else or any bleeding although do feel quite wet downstairs. The pain just comes and goes really, isn't constant and is similar to the cramping but much much stronger. I am a little worried to be honest but assume as not constant pain that it's nothing serious - any thoughts?

I would love to join you ladies, I got my BFP yesterday,, my due date is January 6th xxx

PS CONGRATULATIONS to all 2013 mummy's!! I've just found out too - 5th Jan, very excited and hoping it's healthy for us all xxxx

Mooniemoocher - congratulations.

Was the pain like a shooting pain that comes and go? It's not particularly painful but is noticeable, different to cramping though x

Mooniemoocher - congratulations.

Was the pain like a shooting pain that comes and go? It's not particularly painful but is noticeable, different to cramping though x

It's like a throbbing; quite sharp at times and comes and goes. Really hoping it's nothing and I'm being a worrier!xxx

Sounds like what I am having. Hope it's ok for both of us.
I have my midwife appt tuesday so will ask then if it doesn't get any worse x

Hello Girlies!!! Congratulations to you all on your BFP's x x

I had my BFP ths morning on my 1st cycle of IVF / ICSI.... Had been poas'ing since Monday,lol Got my 1st faint line on 7dp 3dt :)) OTD day will be 2nd May so going off the dates I think I will be due 7th January (subject to change) :) I've had twinges & lower right hand back pain on & off for the last week, apparently It's completely normal.... Some of the symptoms Im experiencing Is down to the progesterone suppositories though

Sharkey - CONGRATS!!! I love to see an LTTC :bfp: Have you called into clinic with your result yet? How many did you have transfered?

Sounds like the stabby shooty pains are pretty common.... I also had them with my last pregnancy. Strangely I find them reassuring :shrug:

CONGRATS to all the new ladies joining up!! Wishing you all a H&H 8 months!! xxx

AFM..... achy boobs are only just starting, lots of achy, stabby, shooty pains going on and I am sooooo tired.

Appointments wise - I have the doc tuesday, more to get the pregnancy down on my notes so that if the worst should happen I can get RC MC testing. I know it probably sounds awful but having been trying for 4 years, having an ICSI end in MC I am quite nervous about it all going wrong. However I am doing my best to remain positive :thumbup: We also have a SUPER early scan on Saturday with my fertility clinic because of the circumstances last time xxxx

Sambatiki - thanks for the re assurance, it sounds like they are quite common and I'm glad in one way to hear that I'm not alone.

I have doctors Tuesday too, good luck with your appointment and early scan x

Sharkey - CONGRATS!!! I love to see an LTTC :bfp: Have you called into clinic with your result yet? How many did you have transfered?

Sounds like the stabby shooty pains are pretty common.... I also had them with my last pregnancy. Strangely I find them reassuring :shrug:

CONGRATS to all the new ladies joining up!! Wishing you all a H&H 8 months!! xxx

AFM..... achy boobs are only just starting, lots of achy, stabby, shooty pains going on and I am sooooo tired.

Appointments wise - I have the doc tuesday, more to get the pregnancy down on my notes so that if the worst should happen I can get RC MC testing. I know it probably sounds awful but having been trying for 4 years, having an ICSI end in MC I am quite nervous about it all going wrong. However I am doing my best to remain positive :thumbup: We also have a SUPER early scan on Saturday with my fertility clinic because of the circumstances last time xxxx

Sambatiki; I haven't called In yet, will not call them until official testing day x I've been going mad on the poas'ing :haha: way earlier than I anticipated x We did a 3dt at Liverpool Women's, we only had the one embie transferred.... The one we transferred was a 12 cell which I didn't have much hope of It working but the embryologists were 99.9% sure that It would work.... The 2nd embie was only a 5 cell & we were advised not to put It back coz It could of jeopardised the other!!!! Looks like our decision paid off :happydance:

So your BFP announcement on another thread, blinking miracle :hugs: Congratulations to you :kiss: Good luck with the testing & with your scan & a H&H pregnancy to you x x

AFM; I'm gonna make an appointment with the GP 2moz to check my HCG level Is doubling as It should be, I'm a bit worried & concerned that we might have an ectopic again x I'm praying that this little one has snuggled In the right place for us this time x x

Its really great to have so many women expecting about the same! It's great to have such a support group!

AFM, I feel like i got hit by a bus, i had a nap this morning but i guess it wasn't long enough, i feel like i could sleep for a week. Also i'm eating like a pig! As soon as i finish eating i feel hungry again, trying to keep up but wow, it is hard! Luckily the MS hasn't kicked in in full force yet.

I got my bfp on Thursday 4/26 I'm due Jan 2nd.
I'm super excited! Congrats to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->