January Jellybeans 2013!...

Welcome to all the new ladies!! :happydance:

Hey ladies can I join??

I got my :bfp: at 11dpo on Friday and i have done about 7 other tests since then just to make sure! My due date is 7th Jan eeeeekkkkkkk! :happydance:

This is my first ever :bfp: and hubby and I have been trying since we got married last May, its been a looooonnnnng 11 months!

Super excited at the mo but don't really know what to do. I have booked my booking appointment with the midwife but that's not until i'm 9 weeks so what do I do between now and then?

This is my first BFP too. I agree! I thought the 2WW was bad. I'm now waiting for my 8 week appointment (May 24 apt). I'm excited to see the little heart beat! Then it will be hard again to wait for the 12 week appointment. :wacko:

Welcome newbies!

I had my blood tested at 4+1 and it was 57. She said that is completely normal for "so newly pregnant" as it doubles every 24-28 hours, so 2 days can make a HUGE difference in your hcg levels! She told me to call in 3 weeks to book an appt. for 8 weeks where they will do more comprehensive bloodwork and an ultrasound (I am assuming because of previous loss).

3 weeks........I am focusing on THAT rather than 12 weeks. Little steps. 3 weeks, Victoria Day Long Weekend (here in Canada) so I will call the day after the long weekend. By then I will be 7+2 and book my appt. Then I will focus on my appt. Then they will book me again for around 11 weeks and I will focus on that!

Anyone else choosing to get IPS? prenatal screening (via bloodwork and U/S) to check for risk of Downs Syndrome, Spina Bifida, etc.?

Hope all is well ladies. OH an about morning sickness, when the Dr's office called back she said when I hit the 6 week mark I will start to have more preg. symptoms such as morning sickness and fatigue. She said you levels have to be a certain hight for you to get MS. So we will all get it soon :(

I still need to learn the risks involved in getting those test results, but I would like to do the prenatal screening.

My boobies have gotten some size too but not anywhere near a whole size! I'm wearing sports bras to keep them pressed down because i know my mom will start getting suspicious if i suddenly show up with giant boobies and i'm not ready to tell her yet. Had a really hard time sleeping last night, just couldn't find a comfortable position, soooo tired today but that's pretty normal for me these days.

I've been in maternity bras since I was 18 weeks pregnant the first time around, getting on for 2 years!!! They are mega comfy though, an the Hot Milk ones are so pretty.

We aren't planning on telling parents before 12 weekish, really hope mine will be happy for us.

love seeing all the new BFPs congrats ladies

Readynwaiting, how funny that your friends called you out. I've seen friends not drinking, and guessed they might be pregnant, but don't know that I'd be gutsy enough to ever actually call them out lol.

My girlfriend showed up late for dinner and a few glasses of wine in to it she's like "what have you drank tonight?" and so I answered "water" and then she was like "so you are only drinking water? You haven't had any wine? So no wine? Just water?"
This continued for a few minutes and my other gf piped up and said "oh she had half a glass before you got here and she's driving us all home". But as soon as we got in to the car she said "your're pg aren't you?" lol We are really close so she would know if anything was up.

i stopped wearing maternity bras so long ago, they have zero shape and just make me look overweight and fat. I've been wearing normal bras and just folding them down/ bunching them under my boob, or when i'm at home i just go braless but wear maternity feeding tops.

My boobs i don't think have changed size but i think it's harder to tell because i'm breastfeeding they aren't going to go back through that stage that they usually go through in early pregnancy.

Welcome newbies!

I had my blood tested at 4+1 and it was 57. She said that is completely normal for "so newly pregnant" as it doubles every 24-28 hours, so 2 days can make a HUGE difference in your hcg levels! She told me to call in 3 weeks to book an appt. for 8 weeks where they will do more comprehensive bloodwork and an ultrasound (I am assuming because of previous loss).

3 weeks........I am focusing on THAT rather than 12 weeks. Little steps. 3 weeks, Victoria Day Long Weekend (here in Canada) so I will call the day after the long weekend. By then I will be 7+2 and book my appt. Then I will focus on my appt. Then they will book me again for around 11 weeks and I will focus on that!

Anyone else choosing to get IPS? prenatal screening (via bloodwork and U/S) to check for risk of Downs Syndrome, Spina Bifida, etc.?

Hope all is well ladies. OH an about morning sickness, when the Dr's office called back she said when I hit the 6 week mark I will start to have more preg. symptoms such as morning sickness and fatigue. She said you levels have to be a certain hight for you to get MS. So we will all get it soon :(

You have made me feel better about my blood results today. I haven't got them yet but I was worried that if they are too low there may be an issue. I think they will be around 70-100 based on the faint line I got Fri and how they should have progressed by now. Still nervous though. Good news is I have an u/s booked for May 19 and then again June 14. 17 days and counting.
I hope everyone is doing well!

My father-in-law is spending a few days with us and just made some corned beef, this is the first time i've felt so gaggy like i might have to lock myself in the bathroom.

The smell of.meat always makes me heave, no joke I think it smells like carcus, blood and something gross.

I managed to survive after spraying everything in bleach and lysol, washing up dishes and wiping down counters. Felling like i might have to ban visitors for the next 8 months, lol.

My nipples are starting to get so sore. Its gotten to the point where just touching them lightly to wash them in the shower feels like I might as well be pinching the hell out of them.

I just got preggie pop drops from three lollies for my morning sickness, which is more like you just ate a small meal an hour ago sickness. Have any of you tried them? Do you like them? Today's my first day with them, so I haven't had one yet.

i stopped wearing maternity bras so long ago, they have zero shape and just make me look overweight and fat. I've been wearing normal bras and just folding them down/ bunching them under my boob, or when i'm at home i just go braless but wear maternity feeding tops.

My boobs i don't think have changed size but i think it's harder to tell because i'm breastfeeding they aren't going to go back through that stage that they usually go through in early pregnancy.

Are you going wean before the new baby comes? I've been struggling with the idea of tandem nursing, scares me a bit, but I'm open to it. But dd still nurses at least every 3 hours at night, don't know that I can handle that with a newborn

Good Morning Ladies!! Hope everyone is feeling good today! My morning queasiness seems to have subsided, I haven't had it for the last two days. I didn't have any morning sickness with my daughter, so hopefully I will get lucky again! My only symptom to date are my BB's, they are still very sore. I dread taking my bra off when I get home from work--it hurts so bad!!

I love how big this January group is getting, i'm hoping this will be a VERY active thread.

ETA: based on LMP i'm due Jan. 3 but i know i usually ovulate on CD 15 so that's why it's the 4th for me.

Hey ladies,
I am good today. I so far have been lucky with no morning sickness or nausea. My nurse said most of the time it doesn't hit you bad until around 6 weeks. So I have about another week....

I was talking in the staff room today with a friend who is pregnant (7 months) about cloth diapers. Anyone use them before or want to use them this time. I am really considering it! It got me excited just to talk about baby stuff!

We started with cloth but the diapers we made didn't fit my girls too well. They were full term, twins, but under five pounds when we came home. I'm not sure what our plan is this go round...may depend on how many beans there are...Hoping for twin boys!

I plan to try cloth diapers, probably use disposables when we're going out n probably for bedtime.

Hey everyone, Can I join? I'm due 11th Jan.

This is my first pregnancy so i'm very excited!

Hi ladies.

Hope everyone is well? Welcome to the new ladies and congratulations!

I've had a very few stressful days! I was admitted to hospital on Monday night with a suspected ectopic pregancy with right hand shooting pain and shoulder pain, blood pressure, temp and pulse through the roof. I has scan done Monday night and they found what looks like a sac in my uterus but couldn't sure. Also couldn't see ovaries or tubes to check.

Stayed in for observations and had another scan today plus bloods redone. The scan today again showed a sac in the uterus and not the tube, she was able to see my ovaries and tubes and all looked ok. My HGC is also doubling as it should be. So all the signs are positive that it isn't ectopic although they cannot be 100% sure. I've now been discharged. I've got to go back next Friday for another scan to measure sac growth and also have bloods redone.

Very stressful time but glad to be home and that all looks ok x

Hi ladies.

Hope everyone is well? Welcome to the new ladies and congratulations!

I've had a very few stressful days! I was admitted to hospital on Monday night with a suspected ectopic pregancy with right hand shooting pain and shoulder pain, blood pressure, temp and pulse through the roof. I has scan done Monday night and they found what looks like a sac in my uterus but couldn't sure. Also couldn't see ovaries or tubes to check.

Stayed in for observations and had another scan today plus bloods redone. The scan today again showed a sac in the uterus and not the tube, she was able to see my ovaries and tubes and all looked ok. My HGC is also doubling as it should be. So all the signs are positive that it isn't ectopic although they cannot be 100% sure. I've now been discharged. I've got to go back next Friday for another scan to measure sac growth and also have bloods redone.

Very stressful time but glad to be home and that all looks ok x

So glad to hear that everything is OK. I can't imagine the stress!! Try and kick back and relax :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->