*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

:hugs: hopeful!
I'm also struggling a bit, but I'm trying to snap myself out of it whenever I feel weepy. I sometimes cry for more than 10minutes for no reason.
I'm getting bloods drawn to check my thyroid(I'm hoping its that!)

But be strong hun! It will get better.

aww hopeful :hugs: I am glad they are helping you huni. i really hope the new mix of meds makes it better :hugs: :hugs:

wildchic i hope that they can find a reason :hugs: I think we all get overwhelmed at times so dont anyone feel bad if you do. Parenting is a darn hard journey to go through.

We are up at the new childrens hospital tomorrow to meet the urologist and see what he says he wants to do with Rohan. I have been told by a third consultant that they will do 1 of 2 operations. 1- they will go in and remove the ureter from the bladder, cut out the cycst and then re-implant it back into the bladder. 2 - they will go in and place a stent into his system which would sit in his kidney and bladder holding the ureter open and then go back when hes older to do the big one. I kinda hope they just go for the big one to be honest. Ive been told the stent can cause a lot of pain so dont want him to have to go through that for an extended period of time or have to go under a general aneasthetic twice if we can avoid it xxx

Hopeful how are you doing Hun? I hope you are ok.

I'm writing from the hospital again. Yet another admission. We came in on Wednesday after a few days of fever. They think it's a throat infection this time round. He's had a right rough time this go round. They got a cannula in his hand but the fluids just went into his arm and now up his vein. So they had to take that out and she tried two more times and both failed. He was in that much of a state he was choking. so that nurse apologised and felt real bad but said she wasn't prepared to try again. So ward change came and the new nurse came and put one in his foot. That worked grand till Yesterday when he yanked it out. So again had to have another put in and that one took two attempts (first didn't go in right but have enough bloody for the tests needed). Yesterday he wouldn't drink. I managed to get 11oz down him between 9pm Wednesday night and 8pm last night. So he was put on a drip overnight which will be taken out if he starts drinking properly.

They've sent away a stool sample as the nurse says its nowhere near normal for a formula fed baby to have poo like his.

No idea when we get home this time. Also another update from the last stay we went up to Glasgow last week to meet the urologist. Rohan had duplex kidney (double kidney) on the left side with two ureters. The wall of the kidney is thinning and he also has a cyst in his bladder. That same kidney has grade 5 hydronephrosis So he's going for a detailed ultrasound on the 7th and then needs a camera put up to see what damage has been done.

I hope everyone is keeping ok xx

Oh no Tara, poor Rohan to be going through all this! Prayers are with you & your family. Hope Rohan gets better soon.

Sorry Tara! Hopefully it will be sorted out soon.
I seem to be feeling a little better. Vacation is this Wednesday-Monday and my sister is home for a week. Nice to have her here.

aww im so glad to hear your feeling a little better. I hope you enjoy your holiday and your sisters company <3 <3

we got home on Saturday after he finally started drinking a little more. still only taking 4 oz at a time though but its better than he was doing in the hospital xx

hey jellybabies :hi:

I hope your all keeping well.

Rohan had his first operation a week ago on friday (17th) and it went well. he was a little star and came round really well from aneasthetic he had a little dip in his blood pressure but nothing as bad as last time. due back again in september for another scan to see if he needs another operation to remove his kidney xx

Aw sethsmummy I cant imagine ur mind when he went in. Glad he's doing well, the poor fella.

Sophie is coming on well, her sleeping is now worse than at birth &#9785; but other than that doing well. Was weighed just before 6 months and was 12.6. She's doing well on solids, I hardly ever bother puréeing stuff just give her chunks, I read babies her age have a reflex that stop then choking, if its too big and might get stuck they gag and it comes straight back out, n sure enough that's what she does but I obviously try and make them small enough to safely swallow and I stay with her just in case but she loves it, loves chewing on strawberry quarters and chunks of banana. She had chicken korma last night and loved it. She's been almost crawling for over a month now but gets frustrated, she's gone from all fours to sitting and clumsily from sitting to all fours, although today she toppled and banged her head, she wasn't happy lol.

Keep us updated with ur baby boy xxx

Tara :hugs:

That's great that Sophies doing so well. And what a clever girl for going from sitting to all 4s and vice versa .
Frazer gets chunks too,he loves his food. Was weighed 2 weeks ago and he is 19lb 6oz now,gorgeous Lil chunk,lol

awww sophie is tiny. reminds me seth and ethan :haha: so glad she is doing so well and what a clever little girl she is!

amanda Frazer is a lil chunk .. i cant wait to meet him and get squeezes!

Rohan was 16lb 5oz on the 17th.. not sure what he is now though. Im so not used to having a baby whos a lot slower in doing things. By this age both the older two were crawling and starting to pull up. Rohan isnt even sitting yet :dohh: even with support hes still really wobbly and hes not handling foods very well. gaggs on absolutely everything bar purree then seems to end up having watery sick that takes his breath away after a meal. poor bub. at hospital on Tuesday so will mention it all to his paed then.. and hopefully we will get results from his thyroid test xx

Rohans had a lot of setbacks tho Tara,he'll get there :hugs:

Hopefully the paed will have some advice xx

Zara has chickenpox now too xx

Yeah that's what i keep reminding myself. I was told by a friend on here that newborn stage each day they loose is like a week. So just over two weeks he couldn't do anything in icu plus the three weeks early. Poor boys some catching up to do lol.

Oh no. Chicken pox party :dance:

Better they get chicken pox now though, I had them as an older child and hated it, was so itchy.
Going to get Sophie weighed again next week so she will be 7 months I think she will be around 13 n half to 14lb, she's almost out of most of her 0-3 month clothes too and should be in her 3-6 month clothes for a while now, I think she'll be in them till she's 1. That sounds so far away but she was in 0-3 from 2-6 months so really not that unrealistic.

Got to say I'm almost looking forward to going back to work and having some normality back in my life.

Tara rohan will get there, he's just not had as much chance to practice these things. And with the food it might just be preferences, I no a baby who will only have those pouches because they are so watery and runny. Just give him what he prefers and sneak some other stuff in every now and then to see if he'll take it

Thanks INMT,I had them when I was 12 and they were horrible. That's the 3 of mine got them now and I'm glad,gets them out of the way. I let them play with Zoe's friends when they had them in the hope that mine would catch them now.

When are you back to work? Xx

I go back to work in October, Sophie starts nursery settle in in September, then we go away for 2 weeks and then I have a week back to get Sophie sorted and then I'm back at work. I'm dreading the first day, so much so iv asked for annual leave for the week days and work the weekend instead so I'm leaving her with her dad for my first coupleof days then Il get to have my panic attacks at work the following week when I'm at work and she's at nursery lol. It will do her the world of good though, she hasn't had any chance to play with babies her own age or a little older so I think her development will really come on then and she'll learn all about interactions and friendships etc.

On my mobile for some reason it doesn't give me the option to post a picture anymore so I can put a picture on &#128530;

That's good that she's got a long settling in period and that you are using annual leave through the week. It's good when they have other children to play with and learn from.

Click "desktop version" on the bottom of the page,then go advanced, click on the paperclip then you can select a pic to upload xx

Hi ladies! Its been ages since I was on here; so nice to check in and read how everyone is doing. All the photos are adorable...I can't believe how quickly this 6 months has gone.

Tara, I'm sorry to read about all that Rohan is dealing with x What a wee star though, dealing so well with his first op! He's lucky to have such a strong Mummy to help him through all this x

My boys are both doing great! Baby is such a happy chap, but oh my goodness, he still loves to feed at night! I'm still up at least 4 times in the night, so I'm pretty exhausted. I just keep telling myself that it won't last forever, and that he'll drop feeds eventually! Any one else still waking loads or is it just me?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->