• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

January mommies!! ITs our turn!

Think of how many "is this it" threads there will be in January lol! We all gonna be in a mess together lol

Oh wow! So many January babies here! :baby: :happydance:

Has anyone thought about a birth plan yet? It's not something I've spoke to my midwife about, I presume it will come up over the next few weeks?

Oh wow! So many January babies here! :baby: :happydance:

Has anyone thought about a birth plan yet? It's not something I've spoke to my midwife about, I presume it will come up over the next few weeks?

I've made notes on the important stuff, and considering everyone says not to make it too rigid then I've probably just done my plan! I think my midwife discusses it at 36 weeks.

I had one made out a while ago... but after taking our birthing classes I learned one thing... it's gonna happen the way it needs to happen. They said if there is anything that we DO NOT want to do or have we need to go over that with the doctor (or in your case midwife) BEFORE we go into labor because once we're there we're not going to be in the same state of mind. And since I will more than likely have to be induced (if he's not here by my dd then they have to induce me due to having a 2 vessel umbilical cord) I know most of what I want will go out the window.

So, I'm just going in with an open mind and doing what feels natural and needs to be done...

Has anyone started packing their bag? I have 8 weeks to go as of tomorrow and just wondering when I need to get a bag together. I'm thinking I need to start keeping the basics (change of clothes, slippers, etc.) in my car just in case...

I should really get a wriggle on and make a start on my labour plan!
- anyone else not packed or ready with their labour plans yet??

I cant believe i havent noticed this thread before! Im due january 25th with a little girl... pretty set on the name Lilly :) In discussions with the midwife about being induced early, possible 37/38 weeks as my son was a big boy and im having bad pelvic pains already, had a scan just over a week ago and shes already measuring big! :/ Have just finished a course of antibiotics for a UTI also, i feel like something is always constatnly wrong with me lol, hope everyone is well xxx

I have not packed or sone my birth plan yet.....in fact I am not doing a birth plan, I just know roughly what I want ie avoid epidural, but baisically I am just gonna go with the flow cos I know how different labours can be. Going to get bags packed this weekend :thumbup:

I held, fed and changed a 3 day old baby today :cloud9: tiny 6lb 1oz.....sooo exciited :D

ohh i havent noticed this thread either! due january 20th with a little girl :) i think we have everything we need besides some little things. getting the stroller and mattress tonight. still have to wash and organize everything and pack a bag.

Hi :hi: I'm due with my second baby girl on 10th Jan.

We have 90% of the things we need due to already having a daughter, but we still need to sort certain things:

* Need to rearrange the house. We're in a one bedroomed place and need to move ourselves into the lounge so that our toddler has her own room. Trying to do it now so she doesn't associate the move with the new baby and think she's being turfed out. We have ordered our new sofabed (our lounge is small and we need extra seating, so our bed will go into storage and we will kip on the sofabed) and it will be arriving on Friday. Then the upheaval begins!

* Need to get things like the gliding crib, the bouncer etc out of storage and set up at home

* Need to locate and sort out our daughter's newborn clothes and have them ready for the birth

* Need to pack our hospital bags!

- - -

Re birth plan; here wer'e told not to bother with them because labours very quickly deviate, and you may find things go totally different to how you anticipated. My first labour went smoothly until my waters broke, when there was meconium, so they whisked me through to the delivery room and it was just a case of getting the baby out ASAP. If I'd bothered with a birth plan, it certainly wouldn't have been followed after that!

This time around I've just told my OH anything I am certain I don't want to happen. For example I've told him that I want to try every pain relief before going for an epidural. I'm so scared of epis (I know a number of people that have had permanent nerve damage and pain as a result and I'm just not willing to risk it). But the trouble is, when I'm in that much pain I ask for it (I did in my last labour, but couldn't have it due to lack of time). I'm so glad though, because me shouting for an epi was just me wanting pain relief; "epidural" was the only word I could muster :lol:

tasha, I'm due 25th too!

Made the list for hospital bag, just need to start compliling things!

ive only logged on after a couple days away and i didnt notice this thread either. not sure how, its huge already!
Im due 22nd, but fully anticipate an early february baby :D i have no birth plan, going to take it as it goes i think, and ive packed LO's hospital bag, just cant get round to doing mine!
Computer being slow tonight so i shant trawl through lots of pages, but hope everyone is ok and getting excited, it really doesnt seem that far away now (yippee!)

* Need to rearrange the house. We're in a one bedroomed place and need to move ourselves into the lounge so that our toddler has her own room. Trying to do it now so she doesn't associate the move with the new baby and think she's being turfed out. We have ordered our new sofabed (our lounge is small and we need extra seating, so our bed will go into storage and we will kip on the sofabed) and it will be arriving on Friday. Then the upheaval begins!

Just gonna say one thing... Kudos to you for being so patient!
We live in a one bedroom masionette and we are already looking to sell and buy a 2 bedroom place somewhere because we feel too cramped already. But well done you! You're someone I should aspire to... any tips?? xx

Hello girls! Just wanted to chime in - I'm due Jan 3rd! But kind of hoping he comes before then!

Hello hubblybubbly, weebear, ajc, and 5-a-side!!! wow more and more january mommies!! Thats great!! Weebear im soo sorry about the week that you have been having i hope that it gets better!! Hubblybubbly what a beautiful name. Very unique witch is what i like!
Leets i agree i think its great finally the OHs can see how much we do. And your right January is just around the corner!!!
Yellow buttons i think fatigue as really set in for me too. I was planning onworking until i go into labor but now im having second thought lol
AJC when do you go for leave?
5-a-side congrats on your baby girl!!

yes! yES! keep coming january moms! HELLO TO EVERYONE who noticed this thread today lol im sorry i was working today so couldnt keep up lol! Props to everyone who as everything ready to go and thier birthplan ready. I think i will just go with the flow as my birthplan with my dd went out the window lol. I also dont have my bags packed... i still need to get LOs clothes sorted out. At least if he would come now i would be somewhat ready lol. I am very glad to see that we are expecting some more girlys around here too!

Think of how many "is this it" threads there will be in January lol! We all gonna be in a mess together lol

you are soo right!! i think the whole page will be filled up with january "is this it" and "this is it" threads haha

I think I am most nervous about getting to the hospital in a snow storm. Especially if they keep pushing a natural delivery on me. It's a 40 minute drive to the hospital without snow, and getting there with snow would be a nightmare. We get quite a bit of snow here, and we had a snow storm a few weeks ago, but it's gone now. Hoping it snows less than normal here this year.

What hospital are you going to?

....and this awful pain i get on each side of my hips when i am sleeping on my side...almost like that area goes numb and makes the skin hurt real bad esp if i touch it..not a joint pain but more like a surface skin pain.

I get this as well in my hips it's so annoying flipping over from one side to another and heartburn only get it at night tho, and back ache but thats it for my symptoms quite lucky really and no strech marks yet but I don't mind what pregnacy throws my way will be worth it when I have my baby boy in my arms :)
This is a fantastic thread good idea Duejan2012. Great to hear from all you January mummys

Emzy1 great to see you here bump buddie!!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->