• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

January mommies!! ITs our turn!

Morning ladies :D

Think I'm going to wait until I go on mat leave to pack my bag - have a feeling I'm going to be totally bored!

As for birth plan - in an ideal world I would like to labour at home with my TENS machine, then go in when contractions are really regular or I'm not coping with the pain, jump into the birthing pool with gas and air, and then baby falls out......(still maybe trying to kid myself on this one...)

But like many have said, overall I will just be going with the flow, and realise everything can change very quickly, so just want Willow out and healthy. Saying that...approach me with forceps at your peril!!!!

x

Morning ladies :D

Think I'm going to wait until I go on mat leave to pack my bag - have a feeling I'm going to be totally bored!

As for birth plan - in an ideal world I would like to labour at home with my TENS machine, then go in when contractions are really regular or I'm not coping with the pain, jump into the birthing pool with gas and air, and then baby falls out......(still maybe trying to kid myself on this one...)

But like many have said, overall I will just be going with the flow, and realise everything can change very quickly, so just want Willow out and healthy. Saying that...approach me with forceps at your peril!!!!

x

Sounds like my perfect labour too....I will be doing the same apart from the birth pool though, not allowed one :cry: lol

Can i Join you lovely ladies :) I'm due 2nd January with my second baby girl! Very excited. Hope everyone is well! Xxx

Ooh can I join you? I'm due 3rd jan. I'm 34 weeks today! It's going far to fast for me! I'm planning on a home water birth but I had the same plan last time and had to be induced for going over due so never got the home/water birth. fingers crossed this time!!

Ooh can I join you? I'm due 3rd jan. I'm 34 weeks today! It's going far to fast for me! I'm planning on a home water birth but I had the same plan last time and had to be induced for going over due so never got the home/water birth. fingers crossed this time!!

Fingers crossed for you! x

Cant wait. Feeling tired and fed up. Ready for LO to arrive now. 67 more days till my c-section - whoopi!

I'm due Jan 31st but my twins will be arriving at 36 weeks! Not got a definite date as yet but we know it will be between the 3rd and 9th of Jan. Can't believe i've only go 6 weeks to go :) Had my bags packed since 26 weeks :haha: I've been so scared to go into premature labour and not have everything i need lol Today is my biggest milestone at 30 weeks! Feels so good to get here x

I have decided not to do a birthing plan im just going to go with the flow i never really stick to plans any way lol. As for a hospital bag i have written a list but that's about it i keep thinking i have ages to go but ill prob still be thinking that when i go in to labor lol

I feel absolutely exhausted today... I am currently sat working from home because I just can't muster the energy to go into the office this afternoon :( I have been up since 6am, mucked out my four competition horses, walking up the field to feed my clients' horses and my youngstock and then collpsed in a heap feeling very sorry for myself!

I cannot believe how the tiredness has suddenly hit me. I feel as though my legs are made of lead and I am starting to get out of breath really quickly. I can't see how I can stand feeling like this for the next 9 weeks!

I am also starting to panic because so far we have not really got a nursery. We put a new wooden floor down a few weeks ago, but it still needs painting, the woodwork touching up and all the furniture putting in there (and some still to buy).

I haven't even thought about a hospital bag yet... Perhaps it would be a good idea to start thinking about that though. I have also just changed doctors as I have been really unhappy with mine for a while now due to various big mistakes. So it will hopefully be better because I have not yet seen the midwife from the old surgery!!!

I feel pretty much the same about a birth plan. Not going to be too rigid as I know things probably won't go the way I want so theres no point in getting my hopes up and too focused. I have a list of what to pack in hospital bag and will probably get it ready just before xmas. Can't believe I've only got 63 days left till due date!

is there anybody from the US that wouldn't mind sharing their hospital bag list?

is there anybody from the US that wouldn't mind sharing their hospital bag list?

So far this is my list... I'm sure I will be adding to it and removing things up until the day I'm in there! :haha:

For Mom:
2/3 days of clothes
Nursing bra (2)
Nursing tops (2/3)
Blanket
Pillow
Bobby pillow (for nursing)
Slippers & Socks
Flip Flops (for the shower)
Chapstick
Make-Up bag
Hard candy
For Baby:
Nail clippers/ Emory board
Coming home outfit
Newborn hat/cap
Mittens
Socks
Change of clothes
For Dad:
Change for vending macheines
2/3 days change of clothes
Snacks
Pillow
Camera
Camera charger
Phone charger
Laptop
Movie (or two)
Snacks
Water

Toiletries needed for both mom and dad:
Shampoo and Conditioner
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Mouth wash
Deodorant
Body wash

thank you Hodge-Podge! our lists are soo different from those in the UK. i feel so bad that they have to pack EVERYTHING! I was getting a little worried. I'm going to start putting my bag together soon!

thank you Hodge-Podge! our lists are soo different from those in the UK. i feel so bad that they have to pack EVERYTHING! I was getting a little worried. I'm going to start putting my bag together soon!

Oh I know, our hospital pretty much supplies everything. They even told us in our prenantall class to only wear the hospital gown as much as possible because if you get anything (mainly blood) on your clothes it's better to just throw them (the gowns) away rather trying to clean them. Even the pads (for after delivery) our hospital gives you some to take with you but they recommend that you have some at home becuase you'll go through so many of them...

* Need to rearrange the house. We're in a one bedroomed place and need to move ourselves into the lounge so that our toddler has her own room. Trying to do it now so she doesn't associate the move with the new baby and think she's being turfed out. We have ordered our new sofabed (our lounge is small and we need extra seating, so our bed will go into storage and we will kip on the sofabed) and it will be arriving on Friday. Then the upheaval begins!

Just gonna say one thing... Kudos to you for being so patient!
We live in a one bedroom masionette and we are already looking to sell and buy a 2 bedroom place somewhere because we feel too cramped already. But well done you! You're someone I should aspire to... any tips?? xx
Tips on living in a small place with a child? Not really :shrug: You just do what you have to do with the space you have. I was always the type of person that said I would put my baby into their own room within a couple of months of the birth, but obviously we never had that option when she was actually born. She's 19 months old almost and still in with us. But now the time's coming to actually move out of the room, I'm freaking out. Only because the other day she was sick in the car and she was so quiet we woudln't have noticed if she hadn't cried afterwards. The thought of her being in her own room and us not hearing scares me :shock:

We were originally going to move into a 2 bed place last Feb, and we were TTC#2 on that understanding. It fell through at the last minute (when I was in the 2WW; not knowing whether I was pg or not). We had to discuss what we would do if I was pg, and we realised we could make it work where we were, if we moved ourselves into the lounge. For a month we stopped TTC, but we were annoyed our family plans were on hold because of the person that dropped out of the move agreement, so we went ahead and continued TTC#2. We wanted to live our lives for us, not for a house. We will hopefully be in a bigger place this time next year, so we don't envisage it to be for too long. The kids won't remember being cramped and we can make it work, so for now it's not really a problem :)

Even the pads (for after delivery) our hospital gives you some to take with you but they recommend that you have some at home becuase you'll go through so many of them...
I went through about 45 pads (incl the ones I was given at the hospital), if that helps you plan :) After about 2 or 3 weeks I was wearing regular sanitary pads. Before I had C I looked at the pads and thought "no way can I wear them; they're HUGE!" but after having had stitches they offered extra padding and they were incredible :thumbup: :haha:

Even the pads (for after delivery) our hospital gives you some to take with you but they recommend that you have some at home becuase you'll go through so many of them...
I went through about 45 pads (incl the ones I was given at the hospital), if that helps you plan :) After about 2 or 3 weeks I was wearing regular sanitary pads. Before I had C I looked at the pads and thought "no way can I wear them; they're HUGE!" but after having had stitches they offered extra padding and they were incredible :thumbup: :haha:

Yeah they showed us at the class the kind of pads that we'd be using after the delivery (regardless if we have a c-section or not because the excess fluid/blood has to go somewhere) and also recommended that we buy the pad covers (they looked like puppy pads) to go on the bed for the first weeks when we sleep. I'd always heard that you needed pads for after but didn't really grasp the concept until that class. I guess in my mind I was thinking panty liners but no, you need the HUGE pads and they said it could last up until 6 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->