January Testers Thread! 28 BFPs!!

I really hope you do get another go this month. Why is your OH having such a hard time in work? what does he do?

xx

That's the upside of no ov yet I guess - I'm still in with a shot!

He runs the mail order section of Sunderland Football Club, so he's been working 12-14 hour days all through December. It's a pain in the ass, because his busiest time at work coincides with my quietest (I'm a valuer for an estate agents). Hopefully things will settle down a bit now Christmas is out of the way and he'll feel more relaxed at home.

I'm not really sure when I'll ovulate this cycle as my FP varies in length. But, according to my "average" cycle length I should be testing around January 31st. Could you add me to the testers list, please? Thanks and :dust: to everyone!

I'm not really sure when I'll ovulate this cycle as my FP varies in length. But, according to my "average" cycle length I should be testing around January 31st. Could you add me to the testers list, please? Thanks and :dust: to everyone!

Added - you can always change the date nearer the time if you need to x Welcome to the January Testers :flower:

That's the upside of no ov yet I guess - I'm still in with a shot!

He runs the mail order section of Sunderland Football Club, so he's been working 12-14 hour days all through December. It's a pain in the ass, because his busiest time at work coincides with my quietest (I'm a valuer for an estate agents). Hopefully things will settle down a bit now Christmas is out of the way and he'll feel more relaxed at home.

Ahhh that sucks! I'm considering retraining as a teacher so I can get the same holidays off as my OH

Imagine the interview... so Lisa what made you want to be a teacher... eerrr i need to :sex: with my OH :rofl:

I used to be a mortgage broker in an estate agents, but the sales targets just got too stressful. Do you like your job?

xx

:rofl: I guess it's a good a reason for applying for a job as any lol Is your OH a teacher then? What do you do?

The sales targets are a nightmare! I work for one of the big chains, so targets are just stupidly unrealistic. I don't like my job at all, but after 14 years I don't think anyone else would have me lol I really wanted to be a social worker, but we couldn't afford for me to go back to uni for 3 years, so estate agency it is!

yeah he teaches PE, he loves it which is great.

I currently work for a bank and we do the planning for all of the call centres. I really like it to be honest, we get the marketing figures & then make predictions for the numbers of calls & times of calls & then plan enough bums on seats to handle them... sounds easyish but when we have things like the snow issues last week it can become a bit of a nightmare but no sales targets anymore which is good.

I used to work for Countrywide as a broker, really good money but just got too stressful, so I started a maths and stats degree from the open uni cos I figured I have at least another 30 years in work (theres a depressing thought haha) so wanted to do something I enjoyed. Part way through the degree I got this job, pretty much a 50% paycut but I really am so much happier.

If you want to do social work, have a look at the open uni www.open.ac.uk they do some good modules & you can pay as you go & still work too until you get what you need.

Every year I kept saying I need a change & before I knew it I was 30 & I could have been qualified ages ago if I'd just bitten the bullet. If you've been in a job 14 years though thats a real positive on your CV, & you could look at maybe doing some voluntary social work & try & get a foot in the door that way.

Anyway that was an essay & a half... oops, but good luck whatever you decide.

xx

Hello! Can you put me down for January 24th? Thanks!

yeah he teaches PE, he loves it which is great.

I currently work for a bank and we do the planning for all of the call centres. I really like it to be honest, we get the marketing figures & then make predictions for the numbers of calls & times of calls & then plan enough bums on seats to handle them... sounds easyish but when we have things like the snow issues last week it can become a bit of a nightmare but no sales targets anymore which is good.

I used to work for Countrywide as a broker, really good money but just got too stressful, so I started a maths and stats degree from the open uni cos I figured I have at least another 30 years in work (theres a depressing thought haha) so wanted to do something I enjoyed. Part way through the degree I got this job, pretty much a 50% paycut but I really am so much happier.

If you want to do social work, have a look at the open uni www.open.ac.uk they do some good modules & you can pay as you go & still work too until you get what you need.

Every year I kept saying I need a change & before I knew it I was 30 & I could have been qualified ages ago if I'd just bitten the bullet. If you've been in a job 14 years though thats a real positive on your CV, & you could look at maybe doing some voluntary social work & try & get a foot in the door that way.

Anyway that was an essay & a half... oops, but good luck whatever you decide.

xx

What a small world...I also work for Countrywide! Well, Bairstow Eves, but its owned by Countrywide. You'll know a bit about the sales targets then :haha:

I looked into doing social work with the Open University, and the only way you can do it is to be sponsored by your employer ie. be in that line of work already. And I've looked at jobs which might lead to being a social worker, but we can't afford the pay cut :nope:

Maybe I'll win the lottery :rofl:

Ahhh that's a shame about the sponsorship, and yes the targets are rediculous and don't even get me started on CPL lol.

I know what you mean about the lottery though, I do it every week, can't believe I've not won yet :rofl:

what sort of social work would you be interested in?

Xx

Could you add me please will be testing on the 6th af due on the 8th

Ahhh that's a shame about the sponsorship, and yes the targets are rediculous and don't even get me started on CPL lol.

I know what you mean about the lottery though, I do it every week, can't believe I've not won yet :rofl:

what sort of social work would you be interested in?

Xx

I'm going down to a big meeting in Warrington on Tuesday (we're now part of Countrywide North West) and I know I'm gonna get a flea in my ear about CPL....:dohh: It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't friggin useless!

I would be interested in working with families and vulnerable children most of all. I saw a job at our council for a Fostering Officer and I liked the sound of that. I suppose I wouldn't know for sure until I started doing different things though.

can you put me down for the 10th please!

Yeah absolutely useless lol, couldn't complete a jigsaw never mind a house :dohh:

why not contact local organisations and volunteer a day or 2 a month. I'm from Liverpool and there's like a buddy system you can join where you and matched to a vunerable child and you do things with them & try & build up their confidence etc.

You could see if it's something you enjoy and maybe make some contacts for future work??

How are you feeling today anyway?

Xx

Yeah absolutely useless lol, couldn't complete a jigsaw never mind a house :dohh:

why not contact local organisations and volunteer a day or 2 a month. I'm from Liverpool and there's like a buddy system you can join where you and matched to a vunerable child and you do things with them & try & build up their confidence etc.

You could see if it's something you enjoy and maybe make some contacts for future work??

How are you feeling today anyway?

Xx

That's a really good idea...I'll look into that. I would love to do something like that - something that didn't involve houses, sales targets or bloody canvassing!

I'm not feeling great today if I'm honest. The whole TTC thing is just getting me down a bit at the minute - every day is a bit of a struggle. OH still won't put out :haha: I've decided to stop telling him about what's going on in my cycle to see if things start to happen organically, but I get even more upset when they don't :dohh: He fell asleep on the sofa last night - I can't even get a cuddle on New Years Eve! Anyway, I dropped him off at work this morning and had a major breakdown half way there :cry: I just told him it's hormones - which it probably is :haha:

How about you? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->