July 1st anyone else in July2013

My DH and I told my older three kids on Saturday. We were having lunch after my 9 year old DD's basketball game. My older two were excited but my 9 year old was not. She looked at my husband and said "don't you think you have enough kids?" she was not very nice about it. I felt awful. We only have our 2 year old together, this would be his second child. We all started talking about names and she was getting into it. My other two always make my 2 year old the center of attention, but not so much my 9 year old. I think she was so use to being the baby for 7 years.

Is anyone having the ultrascreen? They didn't do this with my other kiddos. You have it between 11 to 13 weeks. It tests for birth defects. I remember the alpha fetel protein blood test at 15 to 18 weeks which tests for birth defects. I having the ultrascreen on Jan 2. You have to have it done at the hospital. I already told my DH I did not want amniocentesis. They tried to get me to do this in my last pregnancy, I refused.

They have me taking 100mg at night of Labetalol for my blood pressure. I go to the doctor on Monday for my first OB appt with the actually doctor. I hope it is under control. I am still not 100%, but I will get there.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey Julie, I don't blame you for not wanting that amniocentesis test. I heard that it can be dangerous to the baby. Not sure what you mean by ultrascreen...is that the same as the nucal translucency test? It is between 11-14 weeks. They try to aim for 12 weeks but mine will actually be closer to 14wks because of Christmas and he radiography places closing. I have mine booked in for the 28th of December and the blood test has to be done at least 5 days before it but my Dr said I can have it drawn anytime after 10wks.
The test checks for stuff like cleft palates and downsyndrome but it isn't 100% accurate.
I am mainly doing it because I want to see the baby :)
I hope your 9 year old gets use to the idea soon. Kids can be cruel sometimes. I hope your hubby wasn't too offended.
I been feeling icky in my tummy the past few days and here I was thinking MS had gone!

Yes we are talking about the same test. I was reading about it online. I could not believe the false positives people were going through. Some were saying they wont have it done because it is not accurate. The brochure I read said it was a diagnostic only. Basically it could be or maybe not. Not very clear. My DH says we should pass. But I am with you Libbysmum I want to see the little one.

Hope your MS passes again.

Yes, a friend of mine was told there was a 30% chance her baby had a neurological problem and her baby came out fine! Here is a bit expensive too...about $200 but you can claim some of the money back with medicare. I think we end up getting about $60 back. Thank Goodness DH is getting a Christmas bonus cause there is no way we have money for it otherwise.

I'm having my nuchal after Christmas. Very excited about it... I am keen to see baby and check it out.... They go straight to amnio in the states, but use the screening test in Australia and the UK. I hope you are all well.

I'm a bit off colour today too... feeling a bit icky.. is a good way to describe it.

I'm having my neuchal scan today. I don't know about other areas in the States but it is pretty common here. A newer test that they have also begun offering instead of amino is the cell-free fetal DNA which looks at baby's DNAin the Mom's blood- it tests for Downs Syndrome, and trisomy 13 & 18.

Wow myra you are lucky to have that option; the only way an aussie lady can get that is to fly to singapore and have the test done!

Knowing how limited it is, drhouse, I feel even more grateful to be able to have it. This is my first pregnancy so everything is new to me. My sister in Texas had the blood test done a couple months ago with her 2nd, but I suppose it is still a relatively new option here. With her 1st pregnancy a year and a half ago, it wasn't an offered then.

Julie, I hope the meds help bring your blood pressure under control. Sorry you're having to deal with that added stress!

And congratulations and welcome Dayce!!!

How's your ms, Libbysmum? Hopefully retreating again!

Can't wait to see my little one this afternoon!!!!!!!!!

Everything looked good at my nuchal scan today! Baby is looking like a baby now! She/he was kicking and moving around for us and even moved to a standing position at one point.

Attachments

• 11w3d2.jpg
    11w3d2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 11w3d1.jpg
    11w3d1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 3
I would personally never get the amnio test. I don't believe it to be safe.
Congrats MYRA!! Your bean is gorgeous!

Myra the little one is sooo cute. It makes me so excited to see mine. I am happy all is well.

Wow what great pics, Myra! I love the standing up one. It's like he/she stood up to pose:) I'm so glad everything went well.

Happy new year, ladies! I hope you all had a good break.

How are we all doing?

I'm 12 weeks today. Yay but still have tvo wait another week and a bit for my first scan (15th). It was supposed to be next week but I'm on a training course which had been booked and paid for ages ago so I have no choice but to delay it a week. So frustrating. But I'm tryingto be all calm about it... which is only working some of the time.

Had a rotten night with heartburn! DH wasn't any help at all. He said I was insane for thinking he should wake up in the middle of the night and expect him to care for me when it was obvious he was sleeping. I asked didn't he hear me calling for help? He said no...bloody men! I was really upset. Then about an hour later DD woke up crying...ya think he could bother to get out of bed to get her? No! Truly frustrated right now! I wonder how I will manage with 2 babies under 2! Seriously I feel like a single mother some days!

Shanoa- sorry you have t still wait just a bit longer! I hope the time passes quickly

And Lib as I posted on our other thread, I'm sorry DH is being so inconsiderate!! It doesn't sound like he's made up for it today, eh? OH and I have hit 2 rough patches over the past 2 weeks & he was barely talking to me on those days. I think the stressful side of pregnancy was getting to us and it just messed up our usually great communication. Fortunately, he's back to being the sweet, attentive guy that I know. I hope your DH comes around ASAP.

As for how I'm doing...I've had a rough 2 weeks- was in the hospital twice with heavy bleeding from a sub chorionic hematoma & I've had a couple nights with contractions. The awful overnight doc I spoke with a few nights ago told me that she thought I was starting to miscarry & it was "very very unlikely" my pregnancy would have a positive outcome.

But we got in this afternoon for a scan and baby is just fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The clot is also slightly decreased in size. The nurse said we should be reassured by this and to try and be cautiously optimistic. There's no guarantee that everything will turn out ok but the outlook is so much better now. I so, so relieved!

And I don't think I mentioned it on this thread yet- but I got the results of my free fetal DNA test. All looks good and we're having a boy!!

Myra I just posted to you on the other thread too...lol
I am glad the baby is doing well and hope that the contractions stop for you and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy without any more traumas. It is good when you get to see the little heart fluttering away on the screen- helps me to relax.
At the hospital they said they will be using 3rd of July as my Due Date...but my Doctor insists on using the 5th of July even though according to my cycles I should be due 1st of July...so much for consistency! Just to let you know there was a mix up with the referral letter and the hospital assumed it was for the last pregnancy which ended in a Mc so they put denial because of mc on their computer and didn't occur to them that this was a new pregnancy referral lettter so I had to go to Dr's and get them to resubmit the letter etc. I said to the lady on the phone at hospital as long as they admit me in before I give birth. LOL

Myra I pray all is going well. I was nervous while I was reading your post. Congrads on a baby boy.
Libbysmum I am sorry about your DH. I can relate to having a less then helpful partner at times. I have had the same thoughts about having two young children to tend too at times alone, 3 counting my DH.

I had my ultrascreen on Wednesday and the results were good. I am low risk for down syndrome. I got to see the little one in 3D, I can't get the picture to load. My blood pressure is still really high and they have changed my dosage again. We still do not know what we are having. Heartbeat was 167. So of course everyone is saying girl. I really don't want to hear that. Lol. Have a good weekend.

Myra I just posted to you on the other thread too...lol
I am glad the baby is doing well and hope that the contractions stop for you and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy without any more traumas. It is good when you get to see the little heart fluttering away on the screen- helps me to relax.
At the hospital they said they will be using 3rd of July as my Due Date...but my Doctor insists on using the 5th of July even though according to my cycles I should be due 1st of July...so much for consistency! Just to let you know there was a mix up with the referral letter and the hospital assumed it was for the last pregnancy which ended in a Mc so they put denial because of mc on their computer and didn't occur to them that this was a new pregnancy referral lettter so I had to go to Dr's and get them to resubmit the letter etc. I said to the lady on the phone at hospital as long as they admit me in before I give birth. LOL

I'm glad you got that all sorted out- now they're ready for you!

Myra I pray all is going well. I was nervous while I was reading your post. Congrads on a baby boy.
Libbysmum I am sorry about your DH. I can relate to having a less then helpful partner at times. I have had the same thoughts about having two young children to tend too at times alone, 3 counting my DH.

I had my ultrascreen on Wednesday and the results were good. I am low risk for down syndrome. I got to see the little one in 3D, I can't get the picture to load. My blood pressure is still really high and they have changed my dosage again. We still do not know what we are having. Heartbeat was 167. So of course everyone is saying girl. I really don't want to hear that. Lol. Have a good weekend.

I'm so glad everything went well at your scan! I hope the new dosage helps get your blood pressure back to a better place.

Myra, Im having a boy too with the "angle of the dangle" at the NT scan!! Congrats... Did you have a gender preference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->