July 2013- TTC'ers.....5 BFP's :-)

Have to ask, why don't you want a June baby?

3 immediate family birthdays & a parental anniversary are already in June. And one of those birthdays is my 6yo nephew who is an only child AND until we have one, the only grandchild. Sharing attention at all will be hard, but sharing his birthday (or nearly) would be.... chaos. And I plan his parties, so I don't really want to have to plan (and fund) two parties on top of the other things. Lol.

Ohh I totally get that!! My sister is due to have her 2nd baby on the 2nd of September, but she is trying to get induced while I am there. I'm not sure if it's be to sweet so I can be there when my new niece is born, or if it's so all the attention will be on her... Totally something she would do..

I'm pretty good, slept for a while yesterday! Off and on that is. But a total of maybe 12 hours. My jibblets are really sensitive, and I'm still having cramps here and there along with a tugging sensation. Took a test this morning (couldn't help it! I'm soo stressed for the trip we are making) and had an indent... haha.

How're you?

We have a lot of months that are like that, unfortunately... I would like to not add another birthday between September and January, too... On top of the holidays, we have another 9 birthdays (all very immediate family) in that chunk.
Really, I think we're screwed no matter what. LOL.

Hmmmm... All of that sounds pretty good. ;) Still so early, though. When do you leave on your trip?

Eh, nothing exciting here. Just more waiting.

Lol last time I didn't want an Xmas baby but was my 8th month trying and though what if it was my month and I missed it for not trying, it was my month and I have an Xmas baby (27th dec) this month I was thinking I'd be due end of April my sil two boys are end April and beginning of may, but decided to just try anyway, a birthday is just a birthday. I'd just have even more presents to buy.

Afm I've had 3 days low on monitor then a peak this morning eeeeeek never had that before so did get giddy and I was just hoping for a high ha ha. Plus because its arrived a couple days earlier I avoid my ovulation been on my night shifts!! Which would have been tricky to fit in dtd around sleep and kids!!!

Actually we left our house when you replied lol. We already took one flight and we're now in Istanbul waiting for our connecting flight to Newark, NJ. Jibblets still hurt. And I got nauseous on the plane which I never have done before. And super gassy.

Actually we left our house when you replied lol. We already took one flight and we're now in Istanbul waiting for our connecting flight to Newark, NJ. Jibblets still hurt. And I got nauseous on the plane which I never have done before. And super gassy.

Ooo that sounds promising...exciting!

Good luck

Loubie- hope your grandad improves soon :hugs:

Thanks Pinklizzy - unfortunately he passed away yesterday :cry: I can't believe it. I'm actually hoping I'm NOT pregnant now because i've been drinking wine like crazy with my mum and my auntie because of the stress and to help us sleep etc. Will get back to trying next month I think as we obviously haven't been in the mood to BD since I got home.

Loubie... so sorry to hear about your Grandad.

Ovulation day for me... let the wait commence.

So sorry, Loubie.

Ljo- as for it just being a birthday, it is & it isn't. :) For the adults & our siblings, it doesn't matter much except that most are clustered toward the end of the year. But for hubby's kids, it would cause endless drama since we don't live close. It would be very hard to try to be fair if their birthdays are close and we have to decide if we skip someone's party or push our kid's back, etc. It's more complicated than we just don't "want" a baby at certain times of the year. :)

FX, DS & Michelle.

Loubie- hope your grandad improves soon :hugs:

Thanks Pinklizzy - unfortunately he passed away yesterday :cry: I can't believe it. I'm actually hoping I'm NOT pregnant now because i've been drinking wine like crazy with my mum and my auntie because of the stress and to help us sleep etc. Will get back to trying next month I think as we obviously haven't been in the mood to BD since I got home.

Sorry for your loss.

Hey Ladies! We made it to Savannah!!!!!! So... Here is the update about my symptoms...

Currently 8DPO... I'm caving and taking a FRER today with my FMU.... Boobs hurt... Was nauseous all day yesterday... Having aversions.... Gassy... Emotional... and still having twinges/pulling sensations but not cramps... Also metallicy taste in my mouth!

So now to my flight.... This is a long part so I'm putting it in a spoiler...
So we got to Savannah last night around 6:30pm! HOWEVER I have to say that our flying with United Airlines was the WORST TRAVELING EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED! The flight from Istanbul to Newark was fine. But once we landed in Newark we had like 2 hour before our flight was supposed to take off.... So I will list our problems! This is going to be a long one!

1) In Newark they kept changing when our flight from Newark to D.C. was going to take off, and it ended up being 2 AND A HALF HOURS LATE! Why is this an issue? Carry on to number 2!

2) Because our flight to D.C. was 2 1/2 hours late, this caused it to be that as we were taking off from Newark our connecting flight from D.C. to Savannah was taking off at the same time as us..... >_<

3) When we arrive in D.C. we find out that the only two flights going out of D.C. AT ALL that night were going to Columbus, OH and Binghamton, NY (Bob's home town) but none were connecting to Savannah! So they ended up telling us we had to get a hotel for the night, and that they wouldn't be reimbursing us because it was the ATC (Air Traffic Controller's) fault, not the airlines. But they would switch us to the flight to Savannah leaving at noon the next day... They even gave us a voucher to get our hotel room cheaper... To them cheaper was still spending $80... Plus side? We got to stay in the Hyatt... How do we know this was awesome? THERE WERE FREAKIN' KOI FISH IN THE LOBBY!

3a) Bright side is the freakin hotel!!!

4) We get to the D.C. airport the next morning, and I had a feeling we needed to get there at least half an hour earlier so we did. AND come to see on the board of flights our flight is delayed until 3:15.... So we call Bob's mom, and while we are talking to her it changes to 4:45, then CANCELLED.... I'm LIVID! At this point we had already been traveling for 38 hours... We have been wearing the same clothes for 2 days and we smell....

5) Come to find that there is only one more flight going out of Savannah that night, but it's already full.. And there are NO MORE FLIGHTS AT ALL GOING TO SAVANNAH! They had rescheduled us for a flight leaving on the 5th!!!!

5a) Some good news: They could get us as close as Columbia, SC. Now the UA clerk in D.C. was EXTREMELY helpful so I am grateful to him for that... And he looked like the dad from the movie Dear John lol.

6) So basically at the end ended up flying into Columbia, SC and having to rent a car and driving down to Savannah. But at least we ended up getting a Mazda 5 for only like $87...

We are definitely planning on taking ALL of our receipts and filing a huge complaint and try to get reimbursement... They wasted one full day of our leave, and tried to waste two more! And there was one other woman that even missed her brother's funeral because of UA cancelling and switching her flights....

Okay... Rant over.... I'm going to Walmart!!!

Hey Ladies! We made it to Savannah!!!!!! So... Here is the update about my symptoms...

Currently 8DPO... I'm caving and taking a FRER today with my FMU.... Boobs hurt... Was nauseous all day yesterday... Having aversions.... Gassy... Emotional... and still having twinges/pulling sensations but not cramps... Also metallicy taste in my mouth!

So now to my flight.... This is a long part so I'm putting it in a spoiler...
So we got to Savannah last night around 6:30pm! HOWEVER I have to say that our flying with United Airlines was the WORST TRAVELING EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED! The flight from Istanbul to Newark was fine. But once we landed in Newark we had like 2 hour before our flight was supposed to take off.... So I will list our problems! This is going to be a long one!

1) In Newark they kept changing when our flight from Newark to D.C. was going to take off, and it ended up being 2 AND A HALF HOURS LATE! Why is this an issue? Carry on to number 2!

2) Because our flight to D.C. was 2 1/2 hours late, this caused it to be that as we were taking off from Newark our connecting flight from D.C. to Savannah was taking off at the same time as us..... >_<

3) When we arrive in D.C. we find out that the only two flights going out of D.C. AT ALL that night were going to Columbus, OH and Binghamton, NY (Bob's home town) but none were connecting to Savannah! So they ended up telling us we had to get a hotel for the night, and that they wouldn't be reimbursing us because it was the ATC (Air Traffic Controller's) fault, not the airlines. But they would switch us to the flight to Savannah leaving at noon the next day... They even gave us a voucher to get our hotel room cheaper... To them cheaper was still spending $80... Plus side? We got to stay in the Hyatt... How do we know this was awesome? THERE WERE FREAKIN' KOI FISH IN THE LOBBY!

3a) Bright side is the freakin hotel!!!

4) We get to the D.C. airport the next morning, and I had a feeling we needed to get there at least half an hour earlier so we did. AND come to see on the board of flights our flight is delayed until 3:15.... So we call Bob's mom, and while we are talking to her it changes to 4:45, then CANCELLED.... I'm LIVID! At this point we had already been traveling for 38 hours... We have been wearing the same clothes for 2 days and we smell....

5) Come to find that there is only one more flight going out of Savannah that night, but it's already full.. And there are NO MORE FLIGHTS AT ALL GOING TO SAVANNAH! They had rescheduled us for a flight leaving on the 5th!!!!

5a) Some good news: They could get us as close as Columbia, SC. Now the UA clerk in D.C. was EXTREMELY helpful so I am grateful to him for that... And he looked like the dad from the movie Dear John lol.

6) So basically at the end ended up flying into Columbia, SC and having to rent a car and driving down to Savannah. But at least we ended up getting a Mazda 5 for only like $87...

We are definitely planning on taking ALL of our receipts and filing a huge complaint and try to get reimbursement... They wasted one full day of our leave, and tried to waste two more! And there was one other woman that even missed her brother's funeral because of UA cancelling and switching her flights....

Okay... Rant over.... I'm going to Walmart!!!

What a hideous travel story! I'm never going to complain about our airlines again! Glad you're finally there.

Good luck with the frer, I so hope it's fantastic news. Can't wait to hear xx

Took the FRER wit FMU... Thought I saw a whisper of something so I'm gonna use the tools on countdown

Eeeeek good luck DS! Hope you have our next bfp cooking there. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"