July 2014 rainbows :)

Linnypops, fennel tea really helps my LO too. In South Asian culture its common to give all babies a few sips of it a day and pedis recommend it too. If anyone is struggling with reflux (we are!) you can make your own at home. Just boil a pinch of fennel, 2 small cardamom seeds and a mint leaf in a big glass of water, strain and cool. Try giving a few drops of it before feeding. Really helping me right now.
I have a question for you ladies...how does one start combi feeding and what are the pros/ cons? I'm thinking of starting one bottle of formula a day because LO is a biter and my nipples could use an occasional break from the cracks :( Also, I am looking for part time teaching at a new school and I wouldn't want to worry about running out of pumped milk while I'm at work. Feeling major guilt about the decision though.

Melodys colic has gone too now.

I'm having trouble with my milk supply now. Because I was so unwell after birth I ended up combi feeding as I was too unwell to feed her everytime. Since then my supply has gone downhill. Now I'm well enough and want to exclusively breastfeed again as I miss the closeness it gives us and I know it's best for her.

I'm only managing to express 1 oz with both boobs combined. I used to be able to do about 3oz each. She feeds 5-6oz every 3-4 hours at the moment.

I'm taking fenugreek (have been for 4 days) and I'm pumping multiple times a day but I'm not seeing an improvement yet. I feel really disappointed.

I'm going to keep trying though as I'm determined to get there.

Any advice?

Ferozi - Yeah my health visitor sort of frowned upon me giving her fennel tea but said a lot of asian families did it too....I was thinking 'Well, does that not tell you something then - it works!'. hehe. I occasionally give my LO formula - if DF wants to feed her at night for example, or we're out at a 'do' etc. I will say I do end up with really hard boobs after so I would recommend pumping and storing that milk for a while....I think if you drop the same feed every day it should be fine...I think if you were dropping random feeds then it might interfere with your supply but basically as far as i can tell your milk is produced based on the previous days demand so - it should be fine! Don't feel guilty! Baby is still getting loads of goodness from you and a baby also needs you to be functioning as much as it needs your milk X

Sedgeez the nurses at my hospital recommended eating popcorn, oatmeal, cumin seeds and coconut to boost milk production. I only tried the popcorn and it helped me-plus its a great snack so no harm in trying, right?

Glad to hear everyone's babies seem to be doing well and not as much tummy trouble. Ryder is doing great he laughed for the first time yesterday it was adorable!!! He will be 2 months in a few days can't believe how fast it's all going. Hope everyone continues doing well can't wait to spend the holidays with my lo it's gonna be amazing. Sedgeez sorry to hear about your supply I really hope you can find a way to get it back up fx for you

Hi ladies do you remember me? I left here at 20 weeks in March but I just wanted to let you know I'm happily in an April rainbows thread (due March 30th) and now nearly 25 weeks and all going well. I was just thinking how happy I was to still be in the thread after having to leave this one. Hope your baby's are all doing brilliantly :) my turn next!!

Hi ladies do you remember me? I left here at 20 weeks in March but I just wanted to let you know I'm happily in an April rainbows thread (due March 30th) and now nearly 25 weeks and all going well. I was just thinking how happy I was to still be in the thread after having to leave this one. Hope your baby's are all doing brilliantly :) my turn next!!

Awesome! That's such great news, I'm so happy for you :) hope you're having a good pregnancy & gentle days to come before the excitement of your new arrival x

Am so happy for you & glad to hear everything's going so well. Not long now xx enjoy every minuet of your pregnancy as gosh does it feel like such a long time ago for me. Please do update us on if you have a boy or a girl xx

Munchkin, what lovely news!! Haven't been on here in ages but so happy for you :)
Praying for a happy, healthy pregnancy and baby.

Hi munchkin, any update on your little one has she/he arrived xxx

Hi everyone, how are all your babies doing? I can't believe how time flies, LO will be 10 months old in a couple of days! He took a few steps yesterday :)
Munchkin, has your rainbow arrived?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->