July 2014 rainbows :)

Bumblebee, I feel you as I think Melody has colic. Either that or just very bad trapped wind or an allergy to something I'm eating.

She's been screaming for days in pain and nothing I do helps :cry: it breaks my heart and it's very exhausting and hard to deal with. I've tried infacol for her and it helps the wind, but she still gets bad tummy aches that hurts her and she's been very sick since taking it. My friend has recommended another medicine that helped her son when he had severe colic and I'll be getting it tomorrow and I hope that helps her.

It's horrible to see them like this and not be able to help them :nope:

I really hope you don't mind me gate crashing your thread but we were together on the ttcal boards and I just wanted to say a big congratulations on baby melody's arrival! It sounds like it was all pretty traumatic but I'm glad things are picking up, such a long and horrible journey from the days we first spoke but worth it in the end x x

Thank you! I don't mind you gate crashing at all, it's lovely to hear from you :hugs:

It's nice to finally be at the other end of that dark tunnel and have made it out. It's all been hard but worth it :)

Here's a pic of Melody :)

There's some in my tickers and display pic but here's another anyway :thumbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
So sorry to hear that everyone is struggling a little with the LOs we are having some trouble to Ryder seems to still be suffering even after switching to soy he still has lots of gas and large spit ups thinking reflux like a lot of you are saying he has hiccups all the time and when he gets them that's when he has the big spit ups. He is also suffering with constipation so heading to doc tomorrow for more ideas. Hope we can all get LOs more comfortable very soon oh and Ryder is over 10lbs now my big boy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1
We're getting a little better over at this house. I've been having LO adjusted by the chiropractor twice a week and it'd made a WORLD of difference. She's still spitting up but she's sleeping 4-6 hour stretches at a time during the night and I can get her to take a 4-5 hour nap in the afternoon too. The other thing I've been doing is sleeping her on her side at night and on her tummy during the day. It seems to help with her spitting up as a side benefit. I'm not sure if she has reflux or a slight hietal hernia (there's a family history on DH's side of those type hernias and my DD1 had one) but I do notice she spits up alot more if she's on her back. Either way tummy time seems to prevent as much spitting up.

And since she's sleeping better and starting to eat more regularly during the day, I'm feeling tons better too. Better rest is a HUGE thing for a mom with a nursing baby.

Sedgeez I'm sorry about the colic. My son had what I can only assume is colic for three weeks and then it suddenly disappeared, thank god, but it is so stressful isn't it? Ask your pedi about simeticone drops, I give those to LO when he's very uncomfortable and they do help.
Anyone have an unusually hungry baby?? I've never seen a newborn eat like this! I spend my whole life either nursing or pumping it seems. Today I went out with baby and took 8oz of pumped milk with me-he finished all of it in two hours and was screaming for more so I ended up nursing him in the car. Its not like he spits it out or anything either. I'm worried that if he's eating like this at 6 weeks, soon I won't even be able to pump the amounts he needs. Considering supplementing with formula but I was told it'll make his reflux issues worse so holding off for now. Anyone got experience with a baby like this?

Wow ferozi that does seem like a lot my LO is eating about 3 to 4 oz every 3 hours maybe talk to ped about it or maybe he is going through a growth spurt right now.

Yep does seem alot my little one feed every 2-3 hours taking 1 & 1/2 to 2 & 1/2oz per feed. She was only dinky when she was born 5lb9oz but she's defo putting on weight.

Are any if you formula feeding, I've got to as midwife believes she maybe lactose intolerant. She used to dirty her nappy 15+ times a day before we changed her milk, just over a week ago. You also couldn't tell the difference between a wet nappy & dirty one. They where all always dirty runny slimy poos.
She now only goes one a day maybe twice but she hasn't been since Monday. Mondays poo was quite firm & clumped together. Should I be worried.

Bumblebee is your lo on soy if so that's what my LO is eating now and it has also made his poo quite firm that's considered constipated in newborns I'm gonna talk to the doc tomorrow and see what they recommend. When I first put him on the soy he didn't go for 2 days was just him adjusting he goes daily now but always firm and it makes him cry to push it out. So if it continues to be firm for her maybe talk to the doc.

No she's not on soy just lactose free milk but am thinking of introducing one feed of normal milk as she's still only going once a day but its so hard. There has been a fair few with bloody mucus in. Which I can tell are only from the hard poo nicking her bum slightly on the way out :( poor thing.
I just don't know wat to do for the best

Took my lo to doc they have him on 3 teaspoons of karo syrup in one bottle a day and it is working wonders he is going twice a day and it is soft again his doc also said if the karo didn't work give him 1 oz of pear juice a day as it has tons of fiber in it.

Glad your lo is better wannanewbaby! Will keep in mind about the pear juice.
BFing has finally become easy for us, my baby's still feeding very frequently during the day but is doing 3 hour stretches of sleep at night, which feels great! He's become quite massive, 15lbs now...my arms can definitely tell!

Thanks ferozi the karo syrup only worked for a few days then back to hard poop but recently he seems to be going good again all on his own think his body is getting use to the soy. Glad your getting some sleep finally my lo is doing 3-4 hour stretches which is amazing. Hope everyone else's LOs are doing great!

Two months old yesterday!! LO is now smiling, giggling, cooing and sleeping in two 5 hour stretches at night. What an amazing difference a couple of weeks make! How are everyone's babies?

Little miss is 2 months tomorrow and she's smiling, starting to coo/gurgle/make assorted noises, and we're FINALLY getting into a workable bedtime routine. She's sleeping 6-8 hours, eats for an hour, and then another 1-3 hour snooze. She tends to be up most of the day but decent sleep at night is making up for not being able to put her down during the day. Life is getting busy again too. I've got one more day and then I'm back to work part time, DS starts preschool in the next week or so, and I joined a 3 month diet challenge that I'm super excited about. The goal is to lose 8% of my body weight before Thanksgiving or lose $30. 8% is roughly 20lb so it'll be tough but doable. I'm really hoping I meet my goal but my secret wish is to exceed it by 10lb and drop all my remaining baby weight before the holidays. My next goal will be not to regain all that weight during the holidays. :haha:

My lo was 6 weeks on Friday he smiles and also makes a few noises no giggling yet can't wait for that he does 4 to 5 hr stretches at night now and overall his stomach issues are fully resolved. I am just loving every second of being with him :) also looking to start working out now haven't weighed myself since I was in hospital with him wanting to get back to 120 was 150 when I delivered him lost 12lbs before even leaving hospital hope to weigh myself soon

Hey ladies, for those suffering with colic- I tried everything, and she had it ALL day for 2 months....what helped was fennel tea in a bottle, just a bit each day. Then I got something called Colimil Milte shipped to me from spain, it has fenell, chamomile and lemon balm extract in it and has studies showing its effectiveness. I give her some of this each day and i don't know if it's that or just time but my god she is so much better....another thing I have realised with my LO is that she cannot handle overstimulation or tiredness at all. As soon as I see her yawning it's time to wind down and put her down for a nap. Colic seems to have tons of different causes but these helped me loads. x

Linnet pops I have also noticed my lo is very fussy when tired if I hold him and pat his but for a few min he is usually out like a light also with his colic I have been giving him gripe water which I believe had fennel in it and it has made a big difference in him. Hoping he outgrows it very soon though.

wannanew - yep we really turned a corner in the last couple of weeks, it's very gradual and she's still quite fussy after being awake for an hour but it is such a contrast to where it was (crying almost 5 minutes after waking and lasting until the next sleep ugh)...hope your LO sees the same big improvement soon! x

No colic here but we've been struggling with bfing (up/down supply for me and reflux for LO) a little. I'm working on the supply stuff with essential oils, herbal tea, lactation cookies and picking up fenugreek tomorrow. LO seems to be getting a little better if you keep her upright for 1/2 hour after feeds, burp her often, and started a probiotic to see if it's a gut issue. Only time will tell I guess but I'm seeing a slight improvement in my milk supply today so FX it keeps going up this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->