July 2014 rainbows :)

Hi guys just wanted to come and congratulate you on your babies. My twins would've been due on the 27th. Wanted to join swampmaiden in telling you that I just got a bfp this morning so am keeping everything crossed. Xx

Swamp maiden and neesaw so happy to hear about your bfp!! I really hope you both have sticky beans this time!! Just to update I went started having contractions on July 17th went to l & d and they said I was only 1cm and come back when contractions were stronger I went home for 3 hours and couldn't stand the pain I went pee and there was a lot of blood so my df called a ambulance and by the time I got to l&d I was 8 cm and no time for epidural so my baby boy was born all natural on the 18th at 4:18 am he was 8lbs and 20 1/2 inches long

Thanks so much ladies.. and so glad to hear about your successfully deliveries.. I can't even imagine that far ahead yet. Check in on us under the March Rainbows thread sometime :)

Hi ladies do you remember me? Congrats on all your beautiful babies, so lovely to catch up xx I lost my daughter at 21+3 in March - but I got my bfp last Saturday! 4+1 today, due 1st April., congrats swamp maiden and nessaw xx what are your due dates? Can I come and join you in the March group because no ones coming to my April group yet :( xx

Congratulation to those ladies who have their BFP & may I wish you all a h&h 9 months xxx
Well it's my due date today & not a single twinge or niggle looks like we're in it for the long run baby, please make an appearance before the end of this month pretty please

Congrats to all these beautiful new rainbows :) I wish everyone a happy and healthy 9 months.

I'm now 2 days over due. I see a consultant on Monday about the possibility of being induced due to my spd. But I'm hoping she will come before then. My last cervical exam a few days ago shown my cervix was still at the back, but I'm hoping its changed now.

I've had some pain there yesterday and have lost bits of my plug but none with blood on it yet.

Bumble and Sedgeez sorry to hear you guys are overdue hope your doctors can help you get them babies into your arms very soon!!

Well finally our July rainbow made her way into the world 00:14 on saturday morning by emergency c-section here's our story:
We're home now. Started loosing my plug & show Friday morning with tightenings & irregular contraction through our the day. I had noticed she hadn't been moving as much over the past week so at about 5.30pm called triage to see wat they said. They said get some tea then come in to be monitored due to her movements. Got there 7-7.30 & was monitored for 30mins but through the last big contraction it showed a dip from 140-50 beats per min. They though she might of slipped off the monitor & said I need to do another 30mins & same thing happened so they said I'd need to be taken over to delivery.
A doctor came over to see how dilated I was if at all as I wasn't really in labor. She said she could feel babies head & she would try to break my waters. Second time she tried she said oo I can't feel the head any more I think we should scan you. Turned out baby had been breach all along & they had been feeling her bum thinking it was her head engaged. I was then informed I had to go down for a C-section & they would come back to get me at 11.30pm. As i was mid way through getting the spinal bloke the doctor on call came in & asked me to be re scanned. The women doing the block couldn't believe it as I had a injection in my back & he wanted me to lie down. At this point I was already crying & shouting at him I know she hasn't moved I can feel her bloody head under my rib still. He walked out & someone came back in with the scanner & said they would try & do it whilst I was hunched over. Luckily they could & yep still breach. The rest is history & here she is 5lb 9oz

Congrats bumblebee so glad you got the scan and they realized she was breech. Glad to hear you guys are home and healthy

Congrats to everyone on their precious babies and so happy to hear about the bfps as well! How are the ftms doing with their little ones? Our little man turned a month old yesterday!

Little girl is also one month old and we're having some issues nursing (I'm having supply problems and she's spitting up.). I'm also running alot during the week for appts and errands so I'm struggling to get her on a schedule. It's pretty nonexistant at this point. But DH has been helping me as much as possible (way more than he usually does) and I'm hiring mommy's helpers once/twice a week to help me with housework so it's not been super bad. I'm hoping things settle down in the next month though because I have to go back to work part-time in 4 weeks.

We're doing pretty good LO is 2 weeks old today we went to doc and he gained almost a pound in one week so he is now 8lbs 11oz a big boy lol. We chose to bottle feed and ended up having to put him on soy due to milk protein allergy he is a much happier baby now and were just enjoying every min of him being this size cause we know it won't last long.

My LO doubled his birth weight at five weeks...from 6 to 12lbs! I was a bit concerned but the pediatrician said some babies just gain very quickly on breastmilk. Loving my chunky monkey! We also have no schedule at all, baby nurses every 45 minutes. I'm tempted to supplement with formula because I'm so exhausted, but have decided to ebf till he's six months. Just started simeticone drops though and its really helped with his reflux. Now he's at least sleeping for longer than 10 minutes at a stretch!

Well glad am not the only one that seems to be suffering. Our little lady will be 2 weeks on Saturday. She seems to be struggling after feeds, it takes me an hour or so to settle her. Midwife believes she's suffering from reflux as she's very wheezy after feeds and quite often sneezes, has hiccups and arches her back in pain.

I was combination feeding but think I might just stick to bottles. She's cant latch on & I have to use nipple shields to get her to latch, which are very messy as she pulls them off & milk spills all over from the teat. I just really don't no wat to do.

No routine what so ever here just feeding on demand. She can change from 1 hour feed to almost a 4 hour feed. She never sleeps at nigh we have a period either starting at 7pm or 8pm and ending at 12 or 1am. Where by she'll cry constantly, forcing herself awake even though you can tell she's so tired. Am a very organised person so getting my head round the unknown is a little hard but we'll get there am sure.

Am just really not taking to motherhood at the moment & can't wait for this feeling to pass, I know it will but I find it better to be honest with myself rather than bottle it all up. I want to start enjoying & loving my baby.
Really nice to keep in touch ladies & find out how were all getting on :hugs:

Bumblebee I feel you with the breast feeding. I started expressing as melody would just feed until she fell to sleep rather than when she's satisfied. So as soon as I'd put her down she would wake up and cry again.

So I express and she has about 3oz every 2-3 hours! Since expressing we have now got a little routine and she seems so satisfied. She does have wind though that seems to keep her up sometimes but it's getting better.

She put on 7oz in 4 days too ;) little chunk!

I felt quite detached at first. I don't know if I posted about the birth on here but it was quite traumatic.
I had an emergency forceps delivery after 2 days of labour as baby wouldn't rotate properly. They also had to give me a 2nd degree episiotomy. My epidural went wrong the first two times and the third time numbed me too much. And when they messed up the first two they punctured where the fluid is so the fluid around my brain was leaking for 4 days, giving me the worst headaches I've ever had. I couldn't even lift my head.
Baby was very destressed and they had to take blood samples from her head to check she was ok a lot. She pooed inside too and we both had raised temps so we had to stay in for 3 days as they thought we had an infection.
Poor melody had to have an IV in and you can see where they tried to put it in. She has 7 marks just in one hand :(

I lost a lot of blood and they thought I'd needed a transfusion. But I was just under needing one so I got iron tablets.

So with all this trauma and the pain and the headaches when we came home I was very detached. James had to do everything and in the end I couldn't even breast feed. I felt like a failure.

But then I had a procedure called a blood patch where they take your own blood an inject it into the epidural site and seals the hole. Then the fluid can remake itself.

When I felt better and I could do more I felt great. I still can't do some stuff as my episiotomy is still sore and healing. But I feel better and like I've bonded more with melody.

Sorry for the big ramble, but here's my update.

Ill upload a pic of her when I can get on a computer as I'm using my phone atm :)

I have moments where I struggle too. It's been 3 years since we had a newborn in the house and it's been hard on me to adjust to having a baby to care for along with my other kids. My LO has been fussier than my other kids and demands to be held alot more so I'm getting virtually nothing done during the day. She's been a cluster feeder too and my bbs feel it when she's on a streak. But the last few days have been better-she's eating more regularly so the cluster feeds are lessening, she's got a set schedule for bedtime/overnight so I'm getting better (though still not decent) sleep, and I finally starting to feel more like my normal self because of it. But my other kids are turning into monsters. Sassing back, temper tantrums, whining, picking on each other etc...Normal kid behavior but they are def doing it ALOT more than they used to. It's like the better their little sister gets, the worse they need to be to make up for it. I know it's a combination of the new baby and my needing to give her the majority of my attention right now that's probably causing their moods but it's still so frustrating. And forget discipline. It's easier for them to get away with being naughty when they know Mommy can't get up out of the chair because she's feeding the baby. :dohh: But DH and I are working on their attitudes. I'm super duper busy right now thanks to a jam-packed appt schedule this month but once things settle down, I'm going to start spending a little more one-on-one time with each of them and DH takes them with him when he can so we all get a break.

Bumblebee I feel you with the breast feeding. I started expressing as melody would just feed until she fell to sleep rather than when she's satisfied. So as soon as I'd put her down she would wake up and cry again.

So I express and she has about 3oz every 2-3 hours! Since expressing we have now got a little routine and she seems so satisfied. She does have wind though that seems to keep her up sometimes but it's getting better.

She put on 7oz in 4 days too ;) little chunk!

I felt quite detached at first. I don't know if I posted about the birth on here but it was quite traumatic.
I had an emergency forceps delivery after 2 days of labour as baby wouldn't rotate properly. They also had to give me a 2nd degree episiotomy. My epidural went wrong the first two times and the third time numbed me too much. And when they messed up the first two they punctured where the fluid is so the fluid around my brain was leaking for 4 days, giving me the worst headaches I've ever had. I couldn't even lift my head.
Baby was very destressed and they had to take blood saumples from her head to check she was ok a lot. She pooed inside too and we both had raised temps so we had to stay in for 3 days as they thought we had an infection.
Poor melody had to have an IV in and you can see where they tried to put it in. She has 7 marks just in one hand :(

I lost a lot of blood and they thought I'd needed a transfusion. But I was just under needing one so I got iron tablets.

So with all this trauma and the pain and the headaches when we came home I was very detached. James had to do everything and in the end I couldn't even breast feed. I felt like a failure.

But then I had a procedure called a blood patch where they take your own blood an inject it into the epidural site and seals the hole. Then the fluid can remake itself.

When I felt better and I could do more I felt great. I still can't do some stuff as my episiotomy is still sore and healing. But I feel better and like I've bonded more with melody.

Sorry for the big ramble, but here's my update.

Ill upload a pic of her when I can get on a computer as I'm using my phone atm :)

I really hope you don't mind me gate crashing your thread but we were together on the ttcal boards and I just wanted to say a big congratulations on baby melody's arrival! It sounds like it was all pretty traumatic but I'm glad things are picking up, such a long and horrible journey from the days we first spoke but worth it in the end x x

Bumblebee, I had a horrible time breastfeeding for a while and paired with reflux issues I was exhausted all the time, but it suddenly got better 20 days in-I wasn't expecting it but it did. What helped me was expressing milk twice a day and letting someone else give a bottle while I showered or napped or did something not baby related for ten minutes! LO learned how to latch properly with a bit of practice, I had to literally shove my nipple in correctly for a while but he's a little pro now and we can comfortably nurse in our sleep through the night. Good luck whichever way works for you!

My little guy is 6 weeks old today! That's a very celebrated milestone in our culture so we are taking him out for the first time tonight and going for dinner. I am very excited :)

Here is LO at a month old :D

Attachments

• IMG_20140805_234315.jpg
    IMG_20140805_234315.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 2
Ohh gosh sedgeez you poor thing very tough labor. I think tough or shocking labours plan a big part in the bonding/not bonding right away too. Not only is your body reacting to the massive hormone change but you brain has to come to terms with the shock of what's just happend.
Ferozi your little one is very cute.
Here's my little girl a few days old shes dinky 5lb 9 but on Wednesday she was 6lb 4oz so doing well. The midwife came today as she didn't think I was emotionally dealing with things too well & not only does she think she has reflux but she maybe lactose intolerance. My poor little baby, me & my hubby don't really have any alleges or are fussy eaters. I just feel so sorry for her. As I write this I can hear her screaming out, my mum is looking after her :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583