July Jewels 2019! ^^

P.s I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!!! X

Happy New Year's Eve!

How did everyone's Christmas go? Did anyone else do an announcement on Christmas?

I flew to see my mom and announce which went really well! She had a suspicion since I asked them to open the card early (mainly so she knew why I couldn't eat or was extra tired) but my mom cried and is really excited. Future MIL opened the gift early because she couldn't wait and is excited. There's still a lot of drama around the MIL but hoping it gets better. Although it's weird because she hasn't said a WORD to me about the pregnancy! She talks to my DF about it.

I'll be telling my father in about a week, which I'm scared to do. He's very old fashioned and traditional so I'm not sure if he's going to be happy or get really upset about having a child out of wedlock (although we do hope to be married before July).

I hope people are starting to feel better! We're about to hit 2019 which means we're not far from meeting our babies. (Trying to stay positive despite feeling like I'm going to throw up. :) )

I attached a picture of the cards that were given out to both mothers. The spatula set went to my mom (cause she loves to bake and cook) and the fabric went to my future MIL since she's a sewer.

IMG_20181230_100749.jpg

Hello all :hi:

I've been following this thread for awhile, just haven't felt quite ready to join it until now. We are very cautiously expecting our sweet rainbow baby - Due July 27th. We have 1 dtr who just turned 2 and have suffered 2 miscarriages over the past 17 months. We are hopeful that this baby is ours to keep. We've had basically weekly appointments since 6 weeks. Today we saw a perfectly growing baby with a HR of 178. Baby even gave a kick during the ultrasound! We are starting to feel a little more comfortable.

Symptom wise - I feel ok. lol. Very tired, and slightly nauseous, no puking yet tho. But like I keep telling my husband - if we can keep this baby, I would feel this terrible until the very end! I feel pretty much how I felt with my dtr - which I think is a good sign as I did not feel this way with my other 2 pregnancies.

Annoucement wise - we have told daycare, and 2 other people. Otherwise we are planning not to share the news til after our 16 week appt. It's just more of a comfort thing for us, and I've actually found it quite relieving to not get asked about how I am doing all the time from my family! LOL

Good luck to all of you ladies. Some of you must be getting close to the 2nd trimester! So exciting!

Happy New Year's eve, everyone! Well, possibly New Year for many of you since I am in the last time zone to hit midnight. Hope everyone's had a lovely holiday season so far and is looking forward to 2019 :)

Ducky, love the cards and gifts you gave the grandmas-to-be! Glad that the announcements went well and I hope your announcement to your father will go wonderfully.

Kiki, welcome to the group! I'm glad you are feeling good about this pregnancy after a difficult year and a half.

~

I'm taking a break from end of year cleaning to sit and check in! The holidays have been so busy and I try to limit my screen time when I'm not at work. I'm glad to read that everyone is doing well and to see good announcement stories and new mamas.

We told our son and my mom on Christmas Eve, and then my husband's family on Christmas Day. It was really nice to share the news during the holidays. Everyone is excited, especially the two grandmas. Our son is quite pleased as well; he's been asking for a sibling for a while. He says he has no preference for a brother or sister, but he has let sister slip a few times so we do know which he'd really prefer :pink:

I've still got a couple days off before going back to work in the new year. Once I go back I'll be putting in my mat leave form and letting my managers and coworkers know. I've decided to take the 18 month leave and I'll be leaving early - 12 weeks before my due date (which is the earliest we can go off). It only give me about 3 months to wrap up my work and prep for my replacement but I'm more productive under shorter deadlines ;)

Happy New Year, everyone!!! See you all in 2019!!!:wohoo:

Happy holidays and new year to yall!! Happy to see people continuing with their healthy pregnancies! My first non emergency room OB appointment is tomorrow and hoping I will get an ultrasound so my boyfriend can see baby at last! Feeling optimistic baby is ok because it has been rolling around like crazy all day. <3 almost as if to reassure me haha!

Happy New Year all you July Jewels!

We have announced to everyone now, and had our first scan on new years eve :dance:

I am still feeling very nauseous all the time and super tired, I am hoping they start to go over the next couple of weeks so I can start to enjoy this pregnancy, and start shopping.

48952627_10157163903438013_344114742555574272_n.jpg

Hi everyone

I’ve been really quiet recently. Just really struggling with nausea and juggling work/home life. So lovely to see all of your scan pictures and I’m glad to hear your announcements have gone well welcome to all of our new comers and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

We announced to everyone on Christmas Eve after our scan. I was really nervous to tell people as this has been our first pregnancy that wasn’t planned but everyone was delighted for us.

So anyone got any feelings about what they are having? I think I’m having a boy but my 4 year old daughter has been telling everyone she’s getting a baby sister haha! No pressure... we aren’t going to find out though. We found out with our first 2 and this is definitely our last pregnancy so want to do it a little differently and wait until the birth to find out gender. Will you guys be finding out? X

We didn't find out the sex ahead of time with our son and I don't think we'll find out ahead of time either with this baby. We enjoyed having it be a surprise right until the last moment.

The only thing that might change our plans is if our son really wants to know. So far he says he's happy with having either a sister or brother and he doesn't actually know that you can find out ahead of time (we've just told him that ultrasounds help doctors check if the baby is healthy).

I'm not a fan of super-gendered clothing and toys for children so most of our baby stuff is pretty neutral, and my son has clothes and toys from both the boys' and girls' departments. The only thing that will change if we have a girl this time is that my mom and MIL will go bananas buying dresses :laugh2:

I am sure i'm having a girl, I was so sick with my daughter but not my son. It also felt like a girl when I saw the ultrasound, but we will find out in 7 weeks at our 20 week scan.

I have just made a quick image for July Jewels for my signature, feel free to save it and use it in your own signatures:

2.jpg

Alliec yeh I share that sentiment with your mum and MIL haha! I definitely had more fun dressing my daughter as a baby than I did my son. I felt like all the boys clothes just looked so similar whereas there’s so much more variety with girls clothes.

Oh it will be interesting to see if you are right 21 did u have a feeling with ur other 2? I got both my others wrong so maybe I’ll be third time lucky haha! I was the same. Sick with my daughter but not so much my son. I’ve been really sick again this time but for some reason I still think boy x

Finally got my ultrasound, it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Baby is alive and thriving, kicking like crazy which I already knew because it can feel it all the time haha. However the NT measured a bit High although I can't figure out exactly how high, at 3 millimeters therefore I will have to go through some more testing to see if baby is truly healthy. I'm trying to stay positive, and I'm still excited and I love this baby regardless. I thought it was adorable. The date went back to my original due date of July 10th, putting me at 13 weeks 1 day.

They couldn't really look at gender, I didn't even ask them to honestly, but I'm pretty sure I saw boy parts so I think it might be a boy although I know it's too early to know for sure. I'm taking the day to be good because my baby is alive and happy right now.

Image_2.jpg

Happy new year and happy morning sickness :rofl:
I turned 33 on New Year’s Eve so feeling a little old now lol
I have been sick as a dog throwing up every day multiple times a day since 6.5 weeks. Now will be 12 weeks on Sunday and praying it starts to subside. I’ve lost 7 lbs so far this trimester which I’m not exactly complaining but it doesn’t seem the healthiest. I’ve got a Rx that is supposed to help with MS and seems to a lil bit but then the violent throwing up sessions hit me like a ton of bricks. I’m sicker than I was with my DD and the Heart rate at 8w2d was 182 so I’m almost positive it’s a girl. I would be shocked if it’s a boy. My DD is dying for a sister but said she would still probably love a baby brother (she’s 5 :haha: )
My DH got me a ticket to Florida for my birthday to go visit my bf at the end of this month when I’m 15 weeks and in my second tri so hopefully much less MS. I can’t wait. Nothing but clouds and rain here for months and I can’t wait to see some sun!
Drs appt next Tuesday for OBGYN interview and Doppler. They won’t do another ultrasound until 20 weeks unless they can’t find HB with Doppler. I can’t wait that long. I might do a private scan if I can’t talk them into it for a Nucal screen or something.

Happy new year everyone! I havent been on much been ill with morning sickness and sadly have the flu :/ I guessed the genders correct with my first 2, this one I have no idea. We plan to get a gender ultrasound late January/early February. I want my kids to be there for it so it will be at an ultra sound clinic that we book on our own. We went to one last time and they had a large room to accommodate family that wanted to be there.

Happy New Year everyone. Nice to hear hear everyone's updates.

Kneeswrites good that baby is dancing away there, sorry about the additional checks but hope that everything is ok. It's great that they are so thorough.

I'm off for my scan this morning so trying to drink lots of water so we get a good view.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Oh knees I hope everything goes okay with your next appointment! I looked up normal levels of NT after my ultrasound and I think it’s anything between 1 and 3mm so if yours was 3mm then you are just verging in the high side. When will your next check up be?

Mindy my daughter is the same haha, desperate for a sister! She already has a brother and told me she loves him very much but she doesn’t want another one of him lol! What does heart rate have to do with gender our if curiosity?

That sounds lovely crazy we went to a private clinic to find out my sons gender and took our daughter with us too. She loved being part of it x

I had a midwife appt today and got a quick ultrasound to check baby's heart rate, it was such a nice surprise to see the baby kicking around in there!

Knees- Sorry your scan wasn’t the best it could be, but I’m so glad to hear your little one was in there kicking around like crazy. I love that you can feel it already. :cloud9: I can’t wait until I get to that point too. When do you have to go in for more testing? Just know we are here to support you, no matter what.

Mindy- Happy Belated Birthday! Hope your appointment goes well today!

Sunshine- How did the scan go?

21p - Thanks for the banner! I’m going to add it to my signature!

Crazy- Isn’t it wonderful to see a baby kicking around in there? Amazing. :cloud9:

AFM- I had my genetic counseling and scan last week. Baby is measuring right on track and it was amazing to see how much it had grown and how much it was moving around! It was like magic. Didn’t even feel like I was looking at my belly because for all the wiggling it was doing, I couldn’t feel it. So surreal. I can’t wait until I can feel movements consistently. I had something that felt like the world’s tiniest bubble brush across where baby is and I wondered if it was a baby foot or something but nothing really since.

Unfortunately I am also growing fibroids along with the baby, so I have to be monitored to make sure they aren’t causing any trouble when I get farther along. Which means more scans, which is great, but also not great. At least the doctors don’t seem too worried. They are on the opposite wall from baby, so they are less likely to steal the nutrients the baby needs, so there’s that at least.

Keep losing track of time!

Kiki - Hello and welcome! Hope things are going well with your pregnancy. Have you told your daughter yet? Or will you be waiting?

Allie - Thanks! Glad to hear that people are excited for you! Hope that everything went well at work and that they're equally supporting.

21p - Look at that beautiful scan! What will be the first thing you buy? Also really love the image! I'll be putting it in my signature soon!

Tess - Hope that you're starting to feel better. Really happy that people are delighted for you and the announcement.

Knees - Hope you get some answers soon. It's nice to see the baby moving around in there.

Mindy - Happy belated birthday. :) Sorry to hear you've been so sick! Hope that started to lighten up for you!

Crazy - That's so great that you'll be bringing your two kids to the ultrasound! Are they excited to find out?

Sunshine - Hope your scan went well!

DBZ - Sorry to hear about the fibroids. Hopefully with them on the opposite wall it means things will be okay.

Hope I got everyone!

AFM - Tired. So very, very tired. I can sleep all night and still need a nap in the middle of the day. My nausea has gone away, never threw up (*knock on wood*) but it was really difficult to eat. Food aversions are also mainly going away so I can get away from all the carbs.

Next dr appointment is Tuesday. I booked the anatomy scan for Feb 25. I told my father the other day and he was really happy! I could tell he was upset DF and I aren't married yet, but it looks like we'll be eloping within the next few months.

If all goes alright on the Tuesday appointment then we'll be announcing to extended family and friends/social media next week. We're big D&D players (Dungeon and Dragons, it's a tabletop role-playing game) so our announcement is going to be themed after that. I've been working on it and will be taking those pictures this weekend.

Hope everyone is starting to feel better.

If all goes alright on the Tuesday appointment then we'll be announcing to extended family and friends/social media next week. We're big D&D players (Dungeon and Dragons, it's a tabletop role-playing game) so our announcement is going to be themed after that. I've been working on it and will be taking those pictures this weekend.

Hope everyone is starting to feel better.

Your announcement sounds so fun! I hope you'll share pictures. I've just recently learned to play D&D for work (I do programming for teens) and it's quite enjoyable.

We also did a game-themed announcement for our families only ours was Super Mario Smash Bros., which is our five-year-old's favorite game.

And congratulations on your upcoming elopement! Have you started planning yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"