July Jewels 2019! ^^

Aww, thanks, Tess! We actually feel pretty confident about our son's relationship with the baby but more concerned over our own ability to deal. We've been enjoying the fact that we can be a bit selfish with our time again now that our son is so big and independent and sleeps in on the weekends... :blush:

I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time with the nausea! I really hope it lets up on you soon; it sounds so relentless.

Alison, glad your blood draw went smoothly! And yes, being super hydrated helps because it helps up your blood volume and plumps up your veins. Taking a warm shower then wearing warm clothes can also help.

DBZ, so sorry you've had a rough weekend! I'm glad your husband was around and able to take care of you. Good luck with your appointment on Thursday! Are your veins bad on both arms? Through all the infertility blood draws we've learned that my left arm is far better than my right (although when I had two blown veins on my left arm we did discover that I have a single good vein in my right arm but it's really deep).

Alexas, yay for seeing the heartbeat! Sorry you had a scare but I'm glad that you had a fantastic resolution to your emerg visit.

~

I know it's kind of early since we're all still in the first trimester, but have any of you working mums started thinking about mat leave yet? In Canada, we now have the option of taking extended leave in addition to maternity and parental leave giving us a possible 18 months off. Before I found out I was pregnant, I had been planning on going part-time at my job in the spring. Now, I'm considering going on mat leave early than I would normally and taking the 18 months leave.

My biggest concern is that if I end up with PPD again staying home for that length of time might end up being detrimental to my health. Last time around, I found that my overall health and outlook improved significantly after returning to work, although lots of changes have since happened at my workplace that have made it a sometimes challenging place to be at present (nothing to do with me personally). I'm really hoping that I can manage my health better after this baby is born (ie. admit that I have PPD earlier, if that's what happens) and find ways to be at home without feeling trapped and isolated.

I'm in Canada too :)

I totally understand the concern with PPD, I had it after I had my son. Terrible to go through and I'm sorry you had to.

The thing with the 18 month leave is that the rate is lower than the 12 month leave. I can totally relate to being depressed being stuck at home and not working, so if that is a concern, definitely stick with 12 months. It really sucks that you have to make the decision prior to knowing what you actually need to do. I understand also, working in a difficult environment- I work in mental health, and that too is detrimental to home life. It's difficult to not know what is going to be best in the future. Do you have any sort of sick pay that you could use if you decide to stay out longer? Could you go back part time after baby is born?

Tess - Hope you're working through it and starting to feel better.

Allie - Congrats on graduating from the clinic! That must be a wonderful feeling. Wish I had advice with the maternity leave.

Sunshine - Have you found something to help with sleeping while bloated? Good luck with the scan!

Charm - I hated blood work until I was told to make sure I was well hydrated. I used to be a multiple stick cause my veins would roll and then I started to drink like a fish (okay, not that bad but usually a few glasses of water before the appointment) and now it doesn't hurt, I don't bruise, and I'm a one stick.

DBZ - Looks like we have the same due date! How're you feeling now?

Alexas' - Sorry to hear about your anxiety but happy to hear that turned around.

AFM - Holy exhaustion, Batman! I tend to go to bed around 10 PM and then wake up at 6:10 am to exercise. I'm ready for a nap by 10 am and then again around 3 PM. Then I'm falling asleep on the couch at 8:30!

Anyone else having strange cravings yet? Today I really wanted Pringles salt&vinegar chips and baked beans. Like, using the chips as a scoop for the beans. It was pretty good.

I decided to tell my mom a few days early. She pretty much guessed it anyway so I'll tell her the day after I land when I go see her for Christmas. My lovely (hah) future MiL decided to come to visit while I'm out of town so my fiance will get to tell her in person. On top of the cards, we got each parent a little gift from the baby. I'll be decorating the cards next week so they're ready to go for announcing. I'll take pics of everything once it's all put together.

My next appointment is Dec 18 which is a day before I fly to see my mom. It's going to be a super busy day but at least I can ask any last minute questions I have about flying before going.

Hope everyone is starting to feel a little bit better.

So thoughtful of you to get them gifts from the baby! Such an exciting way to announce!

Alexas mommy that must have been scary but glad everything is okay! If it makes u feel any better, I have literally bled the entire times Scans have all showed baby is growing fine and blood not coming from inside so no1 seems that bothered lol.. they told me as long as it doesn’t get heavy and I don’t get pain then not to worry as it’s likely coming from my cervix or something due to hormonal changes.

Oh wow alliec I would love 18 months off! I will get 9 months. 6 months full pay and 3 months maternity pay. I can take a further 3 months on nil pay if I want but there’s no way we could afford that as a family of 5!

I am officially off sick from work. I just couldn’t take it any longer and was really struggling to hide how I was feeling. I was strangely nice being able to throw up in the comfort of my own bathroom this morning as opposed to being in the toilet at work lol..

Oh sunshine I’m sorry to hear you are feeling awful
But at the same time I’m slightly relieved to know I’m not on my own haha! And I know what u mean about struggling to keep up with posts while feeling sick because just replying to ur message feels like such a struggle right now! The nausea just doesn’t let up all day. I find that when I force myself to eat something it goes away temporarily for like 10 mins and then comes back with avengence! Are you physically being sick? I got out of my car at work the other day and immediately threw up when I got out the car. It’s just awful.

Yes charm I think the excitement of Christmas will defo help it go in quicker. I can’t wait till my scan on Christmas Eve so we can tell people and I don’t need to pretend like I feel fine all the time.

Alliec I think you guys will manage just fine! Your son is old enough to understand what’s going on and that his little brother/sister will need a bit more of ur time at the beginning. My daughter just turned 3 when our son was born and she was honestly amazing with him. I’m more dreading this time because my son is only 1 and he is so clingy so I think he will really struggle to have to share me x
Not physically been sick as I fight it! Same as my last pregnancy! That sound terrible with your sickness!! Poor you!

Tess - Hope you're working through it and starting to feel better.

Allie - Congrats on graduating from the clinic! That must be a wonderful feeling. Wish I had advice with the maternity leave.

Sunshine - Have you found something to help with sleeping while bloated? Good luck with the scan!

Charm - I hated blood work until I was told to make sure I was well hydrated. I used to be a multiple stick cause my veins would roll and then I started to drink like a fish (okay, not that bad but usually a few glasses of water before the appointment) and now it doesn't hurt, I don't bruise, and I'm a one stick.

DBZ - Looks like we have the same due date! How're you feeling now?

Alexas' - Sorry to hear about your anxiety but happy to hear that turned around.

AFM - Holy exhaustion, Batman! I tend to go to bed around 10 PM and then wake up at 6:10 am to exercise. I'm ready for a nap by 10 am and then again around 3 PM. Then I'm falling asleep on the couch at 8:30!

Anyone else having strange cravings yet? Today I really wanted Pringles salt&vinegar chips and baked beans. Like, using the chips as a scoop for the beans. It was pretty good.

I decided to tell my mom a few days early. She pretty much guessed it anyway so I'll tell her the day after I land when I go see her for Christmas. My lovely (hah) future MiL decided to come to visit while I'm out of town so my fiance will get to tell her in person. On top of the cards, we got each parent a little gift from the baby. I'll be decorating the cards next week so they're ready to go for announcing. I'll take pics of everything once it's all put together.

My next appointment is Dec 18 which is a day before I fly to see my mom. It's going to be a super busy day but at least I can ask any last minute questions I have about flying before going.

Hope everyone is starting to feel a little bit better.
Last night hubby made me a peppermint tea with a spoonful of honey which helped immediately with the bloat!! Funny! I will try again! Still nauseous though!

Tess- I'm sorry you feel so sick! I'm glad you're taking a day for yourself to relax and be sick in the comfort of your own bathroom. :hugs:

Sunshine - Maybe I'll have to try that. My bloat is out of control right now. I have been having to do the rubber band trick on my pants because of the serious amount of bloating I have.

I'm so jealous of all the maternity leave you all have. I only get about 6 weeks, I think, based on the last pregnant person in my office. I've started to save vacation days, so I'll have an extra couple of weeks that I can tack on to the beginning or end of it. But, this is one of those times I wish I was still in the UK....

Tess- I'm sorry you feel so sick! I'm glad you're taking a day for yourself to relax and be sick in the comfort of your own bathroom. :hugs:

Sunshine - Maybe I'll have to try that. My bloat is out of control right now. I have been having to do the rubber band trick on my pants because of the serious amount of bloating I have.

I'm so jealous of all the maternity leave you all have. I only get about 6 weeks, I think, based on the last pregnant person in my office. I've started to save vacation days, so I'll have an extra couple of weeks that I can tack on to the beginning or end of it. But, this is one of those times I wish I was still in the UK....
6 weeks?! Omg that is ridiculous! How on earth bare you so supposed to recover from childbirth in that time never mind actually bond with ur baby?! I can’t believe that. I took 6 weeks off before my due date both times before to get prepared so I would have had no time with my babies at all... where is it you are from? X

6 weeks?! Omg that is ridiculous! How on earth bare you so supposed to recover from childbirth in that time never mind actually bond with ur baby?! I can’t believe that. I took 6 weeks off before my due date both times before to get prepared so I would have had no time with my babies at all... where is it you are from? X
Most likely the US. I had 8 weeks with my DD but that’s bc I had a C-Section. 6 weeks for vaginal and 8 for C-Sections. I cried everyday when I had to go back to work and was leaking all over the place pumping on my plan periods. It was awful.

PS 7 weeks today (according the ultrasound dating last week)! Blueberry baby!
Next ultrasound on Wed the 12th. I’ll be 8 weeks that day and will get a better detail of dating. One week seems forever away!
Also, very nauseous. Already thrown up twice. I didn’t get MS with DD until 10 weeks so the hormones are strong I think!

Most likely the US. I had 8 weeks with my DD but that’s bc I had a C-Section. 6 weeks for vaginal and 8 for C-Sections. I cried everyday when I had to go back to work and was leaking all over the place pumping on my plan periods. It was awful.
Oh my Mindy that is honestly horrendous! I cried every day when I went back to work and that was after 9 months do I can’t even imagine how you must have felt after 8 weeks! Yeh I was just thinking that about breastfeeding too. Must have been so hard because at 8 weeks old my son was still pretty much attached to my boob 24/7! Wow, never realised how lucky we are in the UK with mat leave.

Oh that’s lovely about ur scan I don’t have anything until Christmas Eve which seems forever away x

Hey everyone, glad you are all doing so well (despite morning sickness :D )!

Sorry I've not responded a lot to everything but I promise I have been reading everything- I just don't always know what to say!

Anyway, I am 6 weeks today, maybe a few days more than that, and I went to emerg because I woke up with a tad bit of spotting. I had a bedside ultrasound and we saw the baby and its heartbeat! The doctor also searched for any signs of uterine bleeding and he couldn't find anything. My HCG yesterday was 42000 and my previously severely retroverted uterus is no longer retroverted!

I honestly expected bad news today as my anxiety has been bad and it's so difficult to keep a clear head since this is my first pregnancy since my missed miscarriage 1.5 years ago. I am so relieved now though and feel positive again! Anyway just wanted to update, hope everyone is doing well today!
Alexa, I had a lot of bleeding and cramping last night. I too thought it was going to be bad. My heart was racing when I got up in the table for ultrasound today but thank god baby had heart beat and is growing well!

It’s so scary I just can’t relax with the bleeding

Yep. I'm in the US. It really is ridiculous, how they expect us to get back to work so soon. I may be able to stretch it to 8 weeks plus and extra 2-3 with vacation, but I probably won't be able to get more than that. Thankfully, my workplace is willing to allow moms to bring in their babies for a while, so I can do that. Though, I'm not sure how it will work with the pumping and the breastfeeding during work hours. I may have to schedule pumping sessions in my day or something.

Alison- I'm so glad everything is looking good with baby, despite the bleeding. Bleeding is so scary!

Yep. I'm in the US. It really is ridiculous, how they expect us to get back to work so soon. I may be able to stretch it to 8 weeks plus and extra 2-3 with vacation, but I probably won't be able to get more than that. Thankfully, my workplace is willing to allow moms to bring in their babies for a while, so I can do that. Though, I'm not sure how it will work with the pumping and the breastfeeding during work hours. I may have to schedule pumping sessions in my day or something.

Alison- I'm so glad everything is looking good with baby, despite the bleeding. Bleeding is so scary!
Wow that’s good of ur workplace letting u take ur babies in but I imagine that would be very distracting from ur work. You will also be exhausted as there’s a good chance your baby still won’t be sleeping through the night at that age. Wow, I really can’t gdt my head around that x

Yeah..my supervisor brought in her baby for a bit and productivity went way down. But we all appreciated baby time.

Today’s scan went well! Baby is measuring 8w3d, so it caught up and is right on track! We got to see the heartbeat but didn’t get to hear it, which was slightly disappointing. We also got to see the umbilical cord and yolk sac. I’ll post a pic when I get a chance. We are so in love with our little jellybean!!

20181206_162635.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone say morning sickness? With dd it didn’t come on til 10 weeks. This one 6.5! My whole dinner came back up tonight. My dh said my breath has been bad but I’ve been brushing like crazy. Then after the episode tonight he looked at me and was like ohhh that’s what it is. How embarrassing. :rofl:

Can anyone say morning sickness? With dd it didn’t come on til 10 weeks. This one 6.5! My whole dinner came back up tonight. My dh said my breath has been bad but I’ve been brushing like crazy. Then after the episode tonight he looked at me and was like ohhh that’s what it is. How embarrassing. :rofl:
YES!! That sounds awful I am constantly sick. From the second I open my eyes in the morning TIL the second I go to bed there is just a constant knot in my stomach. I also feel like my breath really smells so I’m brushing all the time. I have my Christmas night out with work tonight and I am terrified it will come straight back up because no one knows yet x

Well breakfast came up too. I’ve now lost 4 pounds since I went to the doc about 3 weeks ago. Which is actually fine with me since I’m the heaviest I’ve been in a while. Lol

I woke up bleeding. Right now it's not a lot and there's no pain and the nurse wants me on pelvic rest with a lot of fluids. She said right now I don't need to go to an ER and they'll call me back in a few hours. If it gets worse I call them back and go to the ER.

I've never been so scared before.

I woke up bleeding. Right now it's not a lot and there's no pain and the nurse wants me on pelvic rest with a lot of fluids. She said right now I don't need to go to an ER and they'll call me back in a few hours. If it gets worse I call them back and go to the ER.

Oh ducky I know it’s so scary! How r things now? I have literally been bleeding the whole time it’s only when I wipe mostly and I have no pain. I was told if there’s no pain and it’s not heavy enough to soak through a sanitary towel then it’s most likely ok but hopefully u can get a scan to check for sure... sending positives vibes your way! X

That is so scary! I hope that resting and upping your fluids helps get it under control. :hugs: :hugs:

I had some brief spotting/bleeding early on and resting definitely helped. I hope this is true for you too! :hugs: How are you doing now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->