July Jewels 2019! ^^

They thought my nephew had signs and markers for downs and he’s totally fine too. It’s just crazy.
I know. It’s very painful to me when women who trust their doctors believe their child has something wrong and it turns out to be fine. Doctors are very intelligent but they are not infallible.

Hi ,
I will do the cell free test and level 2 ultrasound a little later. I will already be past 13 elks by time I see dr.

So do u see counselor even isn’t testing has no red flags? I am worried about it to be honest. I am worried about false positives also I hear about those a lot. I am 41. Risk is kind of high at this point. My friend had off measurements of the head. With daughter and turns out dd just had big head not ds.

Will you do it?

Not sure about the counselor thing. She was checking a few things so I'd have the referral and I'd be in the other doctor's system in case I wanted to use it. As of right now, I'm thinking about not doing the scan.

Right before getting my positive my fiance and I started a process with an RE to start IUI. Part of that was getting our own genetic testing done so I think our results will greatly impact what I want done. His results aren't in yet but mine are and I tested positive for PKU. If he tests positive for PKU then I'll get some testing done just so we can be better prepared. I love my little gummy bear.

Mindy - Thanks so much for the information! Very helpful stuff there.

A026C7A3-92AB-4773-BF65-27B304B01787.jpeg Change of plans. Had ultrasound moved up to today since I had to cover for a girl at work tomorrow. Measuring 6+1! HB 120!

Lovely to hear your appointments are going well ladies by the sounds of things, done if you have waiting a long time for this. I will be sending good vibes to you all!

Sorry I’ve been pretty quiet the past few days. Been trying to keep updated on ur posts but the exhaustion and sickness is really kicking my ass and I just have no energy for anything x

Welcome to all the new mamas that have joined us! So excited for more July babies. I've not had much time to be online since real life is super busy but it's nice to read how everyone is doing. Also love seeing those beautiful ultrasound pics!

I had my second ultrasound with my fertility clinic on Tuesday and we got to see our slightly bigger bean (8w6d, hb 172), and I have now officially graduated from the clinic \\:D/ It's an amazing feeling to be at this point in a pregnancy again; we were very prepared to accept that it might not happen for us again.

We are doing the blood test/ultrasound prenatal screening so we have another ultrasound in mid-December when I'll be 12 weeks. We are hoping to get a printout of that ultrasound to use when we announce to our families on Christmas.

Symptoms-wise, I've mostly been hungrier than usual and grumpier than usual (although my husband likes to joke that he can't tell the difference :roll:). Pretty much all the nausea, heartburn, headaches, bloating, etc. started to fade once I was able to stop taking my progesterone meds. Now this pregnancy is starting to feel much like my first pregnancy, which was very smooth and comfortable, so I'm pretty happy about the way things are going!

Welcome to all the new mamas that have joined us! So excited for more July babies. I've not had much time to be online since real life is super busy but it's nice to read how everyone is doing. Also love seeing those beautiful ultrasound pics!

I had my second ultrasound with my fertility clinic on Tuesday and we got to see our slightly bigger bean (8w6d, hb 172), and I have now officially graduated from the clinic \\:D/ It's an amazing feeling to be at this point in a pregnancy again; we were very prepared to accept that it might not happen for us again.

We are doing the blood test/ultrasound prenatal screening so we have another ultrasound in mid-December when I'll be 12 weeks. We are hoping to get a printout of that ultrasound to use when we announce to our families on Christmas.

Symptoms-wise, I've mostly been hungrier than usual and grumpier than usual (although my husband likes to joke that he can't tell the difference :roll:). Pretty much all the nausea, heartburn, headaches, bloating, etc. started to fade once I was able to stop taking my progesterone meds. Now this pregnancy is starting to feel much like my first pregnancy, which was very smooth and comfortable, so I'm pretty happy about the way things are going!
Allie you are right ahead of me. My DD just turned 5 and you are about 3 weeks further along than me lol

Lovely to hear your appointments are going well ladies by the sounds of things, done if you have waiting a long time for this. I will be sending good vibes to you all!

Sorry I’ve been pretty quiet the past few days. Been trying to keep updated on ur posts but the exhaustion and sickness is really kicking my ass and I just have no energy for anything x
Sorry about not feeling well, I sure hope you have found little ways to cope. Anything make you feel better at this point?

Sorry about not feeling well, I sure hope you have found little ways to cope. Anything make you feel better at this point?
Thanks Mrs. Nope not found anything that makes me feel better at this point I was the same with my daughter and it lasted until 30 weeks. Really hoping it doesn’t last that long this time!! I’m finding it really hard to hide from people because I’m so emotional and cranky all the time because I just feel so sick x

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm feeling really drained. It's difficult to post and keep up with posts when you feel horrible! Still feeling nauseous all day long and the bloating is painful like nothing I've ever experienced. Finding it difficult to get comfy at night to get a good nights sleep so just feel tired! What a miserable stage! So grateful to be pregnant but wishing these next few weeks away.

Hope everyone is feeling better than me, haha!

On the plus side had my booking appointment with the midwife on Friday and going for an early scan on Sunday, so looking forward to that! Have a great week everyone!

Hello ladies, hoping you are all well.
I'm now 7+4 and switch between constantly hungry and having absolutely no appetite - weird!
I've got my booking in appointment on Wednesday and a blood test - I'm needle phobic so I'm really not looking forward to that! Anyone else a big baby when it comes to needles? lol
It feels like absolutely ages until my next scan - not even got the date yet but will likely be some time in the first 2 weeks on the New Year. Hoping Christmas will distract me and make time fly!
I think this will feel a lot more real once we see our little one on the 12 week scan, this time hopefully looking less blob-like and more baby-like! :D Still not really clicked that I'll be a mummy in July!
How is everyone else getting on?
I'm always here for a chat x

Allie you are right ahead of me. My DD just turned 5 and you are about 3 weeks further along than me lol

Oh, neat! How are you feeling about the age gap? We were hoping for a 4-5 year gap between kids so we are quite happy with just over 5 1/2 yrs.

My husband is a bit apprehensive about how we are going to parent our son while also managing a newborn (to say that we struggled with those newborn days the first time around would be an understatement). The plan is to put our son in summer day camps every week so that we get a bit of time each weekday with just one child and also to make sure he is tired so he goes to bed at a reasonable hour. He's such a night owl otherwise. He did camps every week this past summer and loved it so it should go over well next year too.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm feeling really drained. It's difficult to post and keep up with posts when you feel horrible! Still feeling nauseous all day long and the bloating is painful like nothing I've ever experienced. Finding it difficult to get comfy at night to get a good nights sleep so just feel tired! What a miserable stage! So grateful to be pregnant but wishing these next few weeks away.

Hope everyone is feeling better than me, haha!

On the plus side had my booking appointment with the midwife on Friday and going for an early scan on Sunday, so looking forward to that! Have a great week everyone!
Oh sunshine I’m sorry to hear you are feeling awful
But at the same time I’m slightly relieved to know I’m not on my own haha! And I know what u mean about struggling to keep up with posts while feeling sick because just replying to ur message feels like such a struggle right now! The nausea just doesn’t let up all day. I find that when I force myself to eat something it goes away temporarily for like 10 mins and then comes back with avengence! Are you physically being sick? I got out of my car at work the other day and immediately threw up when I got out the car. It’s just awful.

Yes charm I think the excitement of Christmas will defo help it go in quicker. I can’t wait till my scan on Christmas Eve so we can tell people and I don’t need to pretend like I feel fine all the time.

Alliec I think you guys will manage just fine! Your son is old enough to understand what’s going on and that his little brother/sister will need a bit more of ur time at the beginning. My daughter just turned 3 when our son was born and she was honestly amazing with him. I’m more dreading this time because my son is only 1 and he is so clingy so I think he will really struggle to have to share me x

Hello ladies, hoping you are all well.
I'm now 7+4 and switch between constantly hungry and having absolutely no appetite - weird!
I've got my booking in appointment on Wednesday and a blood test - I'm needle phobic so I'm really not looking forward to that! Anyone else a big baby when it comes to needles? lol
It feels like absolutely ages until my next scan - not even got the date yet but will likely be some time in the first 2 weeks on the New Year. Hoping Christmas will distract me and make time fly!
I think this will feel a lot more real once we see our little one on the 12 week scan, this time hopefully looking less blob-like and more baby-like! :D Still not really clicked that I'll be a mummy in July!
How is everyone else getting on?
I'm always here for a chat x
Hi, I had. Bunch of blood drawn today and my advice is don’t even look at the needle ever. As soon as they prep my arm I close my eyes and turn my head. I had a good lady today didn’t hurt at all. I think it may help if you are super hydrated seems to hurt me less imo. Good luck!

Hi ladies! I've been trying to keep up, but there are a load of posts to go through! I was 8 weeks on Sunday. This weekend was rough. It was the first time I felt nauseous for a long period of time and my stomach was just unsettled. I was also super dizzy. I spent a lot of time on the sofa. Thankfully, DH was there to help. Today was better though and I've been able to stay in front of the nausea. As long as I eat before I get really hungry, I'm fine. Been having a load of cramps, so I'm hoping things are going well and bubs is growing in there.

My next scan is on Thursday. It's my first appointment with my OB. I'm looking forward to seeing bubs, not looking forward to all the blood being taken. In addition to a needle phobia (that I have had to work through because IVF involves A LOT of needles and I've been getting PIO shots for months now), I have the worst veins. They roll, move, and collapse easily. When they draw blood at my clinic, sometimes they have to wiggle the needle around to get it to go...it's the worst. I don't look when they stick me and that makes it better...

Hey everyone, glad you are all doing so well (despite morning sickness :D )!

Sorry I've not responded a lot to everything but I promise I have been reading everything- I just don't always know what to say!

Anyway, I am 6 weeks today, maybe a few days more than that, and I went to emerg because I woke up with a tad bit of spotting. I had a bedside ultrasound and we saw the baby and its heartbeat! The doctor also searched for any signs of uterine bleeding and he couldn't find anything. My HCG yesterday was 42000 and my previously severely retroverted uterus is no longer retroverted!

I honestly expected bad news today as my anxiety has been bad and it's so difficult to keep a clear head since this is my first pregnancy since my missed miscarriage 1.5 years ago. I am so relieved now though and feel positive again! Anyway just wanted to update, hope everyone is doing well today!

Alliec I think you guys will manage just fine! Your son is old enough to understand what’s going on and that his little brother/sister will need a bit more of ur time at the beginning. My daughter just turned 3 when our son was born and she was honestly amazing with him. I’m more dreading this time because my son is only 1 and he is so clingy so I think he will really struggle to have to share me x

Aww, thanks, Tess! We actually feel pretty confident about our son's relationship with the baby but more concerned over our own ability to deal. We've been enjoying the fact that we can be a bit selfish with our time again now that our son is so big and independent and sleeps in on the weekends... :blush:

I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time with the nausea! I really hope it lets up on you soon; it sounds so relentless.

Alison, glad your blood draw went smoothly! And yes, being super hydrated helps because it helps up your blood volume and plumps up your veins. Taking a warm shower then wearing warm clothes can also help.

DBZ, so sorry you've had a rough weekend! I'm glad your husband was around and able to take care of you. Good luck with your appointment on Thursday! Are your veins bad on both arms? Through all the infertility blood draws we've learned that my left arm is far better than my right (although when I had two blown veins on my left arm we did discover that I have a single good vein in my right arm but it's really deep).

Alexas, yay for seeing the heartbeat! Sorry you had a scare but I'm glad that you had a fantastic resolution to your emerg visit.

~

I know it's kind of early since we're all still in the first trimester, but have any of you working mums started thinking about mat leave yet? In Canada, we now have the option of taking extended leave in addition to maternity and parental leave giving us a possible 18 months off. Before I found out I was pregnant, I had been planning on going part-time at my job in the spring. Now, I'm considering going on mat leave early than I would normally and taking the 18 months leave.

My biggest concern is that if I end up with PPD again staying home for that length of time might end up being detrimental to my health. Last time around, I found that my overall health and outlook improved significantly after returning to work, although lots of changes have since happened at my workplace that have made it a sometimes challenging place to be at present (nothing to do with me personally). I'm really hoping that I can manage my health better after this baby is born (ie. admit that I have PPD earlier, if that's what happens) and find ways to be at home without feeling trapped and isolated.

Tess - Hope you're working through it and starting to feel better.

Allie - Congrats on graduating from the clinic! That must be a wonderful feeling. Wish I had advice with the maternity leave.

Sunshine - Have you found something to help with sleeping while bloated? Good luck with the scan!

Charm - I hated blood work until I was told to make sure I was well hydrated. I used to be a multiple stick cause my veins would roll and then I started to drink like a fish (okay, not that bad but usually a few glasses of water before the appointment) and now it doesn't hurt, I don't bruise, and I'm a one stick.

DBZ - Looks like we have the same due date! How're you feeling now?

Alexas' - Sorry to hear about your anxiety but happy to hear that turned around.

AFM - Holy exhaustion, Batman! I tend to go to bed around 10 PM and then wake up at 6:10 am to exercise. I'm ready for a nap by 10 am and then again around 3 PM. Then I'm falling asleep on the couch at 8:30!

Anyone else having strange cravings yet? Today I really wanted Pringles salt&vinegar chips and baked beans. Like, using the chips as a scoop for the beans. It was pretty good.

I decided to tell my mom a few days early. She pretty much guessed it anyway so I'll tell her the day after I land when I go see her for Christmas. My lovely (hah) future MiL decided to come to visit while I'm out of town so my fiance will get to tell her in person. On top of the cards, we got each parent a little gift from the baby. I'll be decorating the cards next week so they're ready to go for announcing. I'll take pics of everything once it's all put together.

My next appointment is Dec 18 which is a day before I fly to see my mom. It's going to be a super busy day but at least I can ask any last minute questions I have about flying before going.

Hope everyone is starting to feel a little bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->