June 2013 Babies

I think because I have been admitted into hospital 4 times with high bp, showing signs of protein in urine, symptoms of pre e plus my sister had pre e with both her pregnancies so there is history.

I had more blood and urine taken yesterday and have more taken on Thursday before appointment on Friday.

I think they will monitor me couple times a week now and see what happens.

Sorry to hear about your BP problems Taurus. Cant wait to see who goes into labor first. Ordered a gym ball and EPO to help induce labor.

I was borderline pre eclamsia with Libby so I totally hear you Taurus...if they need to hospitalize you then do it. I was in the "I can do this" first time mother mindset and seriously should have listened more to the doctors. I ended up having to have daily blood tests and bp monitoring for the last few weeks and had to use the pethadine to try lower the bp when I actually went into labor. This just made things worse cause I couldnt move off the bed like I wanted to and I ended up having an emergency csection with Libby being prosterior and they were thinking she had done meconium inside me.
I hope for your sake the bp lowers before you give birth!

Thanks Taurus. I think they've been letting me go because I'm normally just at 140/90 to start and it comes down a bit after that and there has been no protein in my urine so far. Really hoping that remains the case for the next 2 weeks since I'm already in there twice a week for monitoring for GD. Hopefully yours stays under control until your little one shows!

:flower:Good photo there Army! Here is my latest

Attachments

• 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2
Hi girls! It's been ages! Xx. So nice to hear from you! It's very close now for all of us. I can't wait to hear all our birth stories. We must try and update more regularly. Great bump shots too Army and Libbysmum. Can see how much lower the bumps are now. I'll try and think to do an updated one tomorrow. Would love to see everyone else's bump too. I hope we are all coping ok in the last couple/few weeks. Won't be long now and we will get to have our bodies back. Xx

BABY Update: Baby is head down. Weighing 7 lbs 5 ounces (75th percentile). DEFINITELY a BOY! He was showing off his parts in the ultrasound while she was checking my fluid levels. Dr. is giving me until my due date to go into labor naturally. Next Tuesday if I haven't had the baby, then I'll still have til my due date to go into labor naturally but will schedule a C-section for June 5th, 6th, or 7th as a backup plan

Woohoo Army! Congrats on expecting a boy! Glad he is head down. Must seem surreal having an actual date plan. How exciting!

I had a scan today. Bubs is 3/5 engaged and currently measuring just under 4kg!! Bloody hell! How am I going to push that thru my VJJ! Guess time will tell. I found out that if I go into labour and fail to progress, that I won't be induced. I will need a c-sect. I failed to progress with DD so will be interesting to see if the same thing happens again this time. I won't be devastated if I do enter up with a c-sect. Go with the flow. X

I am curious to now how they can predict the size of the baby? Here they seem clueless and wont tell you if you are to expect a small/average or large baby. I really want to know cause I gave birth to Libby at 8 pound 12 oz (3.98kg) and it was such a shock.

How often are you having scans Libbysmum? I'm having them weekly now. My OB measures bub. Currently the scan is showing he is about 20grams under 4kg but he said that is just a scan rough guide and said that next scan he might show as weighing less. Based on his experience he is thinking bubs will be between 3.5-4kg. My DD was 3.5kg. Not sure whether he is also taking that into account as well. I know I should remember Libbysmum, did Libby end up as a c-sect? X

I hope your baby is coming soon if he is going to be 4 kg!!! Thats how big this abby will be if I go all the way to my C-section date. I'm glad he wont be as big as his older sister (9 lbs 1 ounce). Curious to see how much hair he'll have though. No more than 15 days to go for me either way! Yippee!

Yes, the last scan I had was the 20 wk one...I haven't had any since. They were planning to do one at 24 wks but didn't seem the need. Yes, I had Libby via emergency c-section. I want to know how much hair this boy has too...if the heartburn is any indication it will be a gorilla!

LOL My hubby is half-Mexican so my baby's always have hair all over theirbodies but the amount on their heads varies. I havent had heartburn in the last week but had it the 3 weeks before that so who knows.

I've had the heartburn happening only over the last couple of weeks. Can't say I'm a fan! Will be interesting to see what my lil man looks like.

I am a bit jealous that you haven't had the hb long...mines been in full swing since about 15 weeks...and getting worse as the weeks progress. I had it bad with Libby too...haven't vomited half as much with this one since taking the zantacs...12 hour relief so the packet says...what a load of bunk...I wake up with it, go to bed with it, feel it burn all flippn day and night. The only thing it seems to relieve is the actual vomiting.
Bubsta did you hear hazel hawk passed away? Was a bit of sad news :-(

Sorry Libbymum, I haven't had heartbeat at all. Been lucky with that one.

No.....hadn't heard about Hazel Hawke either.

I meant heartburn not heartbeat. sorry on my phone and auto corrected.

I had a lot more heartburn with DD than this time around. It will be interesting to see if DS has the same amount of hair as DD - see if there is any truth to the old wives tale. Yes Libbysmum, I did hear about Hazel. I had no idea about the extent of her life experience. It sounds like she went through a bit in her life. Dimensia (sp) is a b!tch.

So ladies. Just came back from Doctor appointment and have been officially diagnosed with pre eclampsia. Blood pressure still high and increasing levels of protein in my urine. Getting induced tomorrow afternoon so my little man should be here Sunday.......eeekkkkkk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->