June 2013 Babies

Oh Raelynn, that's wonderful news that you now have your beautiful baby girl in your arms. Congratulations sweetheart. Xx

Good luck Army! Surely it has to be really soon now! Xx

C-section today at 2 p.m.! Not really all that nervous since I've been through it before. I just hate not being able to eat or drink anything til probably 5 or 6 p.m.

I took my last bump picture of this pregnancy. Will upload in a minute. My mom wants to take a "baby day" picture of me on her cell phone.

Last bump pics of this pregnancy, taken a few hours ago:

Attachments

• IMG_4033.jpg
    IMG_4033.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4036.jpg
    IMG_4036.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1
Gorgeous Bump Army! Good luck Sweets. How exciting! Xx

Daniel Theodore Olson was born at 2:27 pm via c-section. He is perfectly healthy. 8 lbs 10 ounces and 19.5 inches long. Pictures coming soon.

Gorgeous name! My good friend has a three year old named Daniel and he is a cute kid. I am so happy he made it safe and sound. We hope that you heal up well after your section and look forward to seeing photos! What do the other kids think of him I bet theyre thrilled!

Wonderful news Army! Congratulations Hun. :flower: love his name too. I hope you heal quickly. Xx

We are doing good. Our only issue is that he has trouble getting his gas out. He gets so angry and tenses his whole body. I cried last night because he was turning red and screaming so much due to the gas.

the child health nurse said to me with Libby to put half a teaspoon of brown sugar in a bottle and add some boiled water (about 20-30mls) just enough for to disolve nice then wait til it cools down a bit then give it to the baby it helps with the gas and also with constipated babies. The first 2 weeks of her life she had similar issues with no pooping and gas build up. It fixed up soon as I tried the brown sugar in the bottle...such a relief! I hope your little man and his digestion sorts out quickly for you.
Nothing worse than feeling so helpless watching them in pain!

This C-section was a little rougher on me. He didn't want to come out. It felt like they were going to have to break my ribs in order for him to drop enough to come out. Also the meds they gave me to help my uterus contract afterwards made my chest feel real heavy and made my shoulders ache so much I almost cried. Once I got into my own room it was pretty smooth sailing. He has some trouble latching because he refuses to open his mouth very wide but we are working on it. He also struggles with a lot of gas and screams if you lay him flat when he has gas. Now our big issue is that he has lost almost 1 lb since being born. Going in for a weight check tomorrow, if he has lost more than 2 ounces tomorrow they will want me to supplement with formula. Please pray he starts to gain. My milk has come in and hoping that he just needs a few days to adjust to it. I will post some pictures later tonight or early tomorrow.

definately be praying about the bfeeding. Hope you wont need to suppliament but if that is the case at least you know he is getting the milk he needs. I don't know about where you live but here there is a real push for breastfeeding which is nice but if you are faced with having to make the decision to sup. feed or something it can make mothers feel guilty. Did you talk to a lactation consultant? I always felt slightly like a failure giving Libby a bottle but she really wasn't gaining weight with my poor supply!

I'm in the US. We are all about breastfeeding here. I don't look down upon anyone who has to use formula though because I had to supplement at 5 weeks with both my first son and Jerusha. No, the lactation consultants were more worried with the new mothers who had never breastfed before. I am pretty sore and engorged. Now I'm getting a stabbing headache.

Did you have the epidural? sometimes that causes bad headaches afterwards? Maybe talk to the hospital about it just to be sure.

How are we all? There used to be so many on this thread. Are there any updates from any of ladies that haven't posted in a long time? Would love to know how everyone is going with everything and if there are any new babies out there that haven't been announced on here? X

yes, updates on everyones little ones? How is your headache Army and how is the little man doing with his feeds/gas etc?
I am still waddling about trying to get organised for hospital. I feel a bit under prepared as far as what to bring for the labor/delivery side of things. I thought about buying up on some lemonade or some snacks but so far I haven't got to it.
DD has a bad cold...she kept me up half the night with her snuffy nose and crying in her sleep poor darling girl! If she would keep her socks on it would help but so hard to get her to wear them!

Hi ladies, it's been forever since I posted here, but wanted to let everyone know I had my baby 5 days overdue on 8th of June! It was a 3 hour completely natural labor. The contractions started at midnight and I had him at 3:12 AM! Got to the hospital at 1:30 and was 5 cm, after about 45 minutes was at 8 cm and then within 10 minutes I was fully dilated. Took about 5 pushes and he was out! :) It was a VERY intense and quick labor...:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"