June Buddies

Welcome stacip!

Agreed on the quietness. I am sure I will get more talkative in the next month or so haha. I am just finishing up my college degree so I am in an internship right now, trying to work when I'm not there since it is unpaid, keeping up with household and parenting, finishing up final reports, and my licensing exam is in 2 days....I love my b&b time but I haven't been able to squeeze it in haha

So, I was supposed to have my first midwife appointment today; I've been looking forward to it for weeks. I've been having severe (debilitating) anxiety throughout this pregnancy; I basically keep telling myself there's no baby in there/no heartbeat. I was just really looking forward to talking to someone about it.

I got to the appointment 20 minutes early (like they tell you too) to fill out paper work. After that, I waited for the appointment. I waited. And waited. And waited. An HOUR later, no one had given me any update or explanation. So I left. I was too sick, tired, and hormonal to put up with that sort of treatment.

Suffice to say, I will not be having a midwife.

I'm just so upset and frustrated. All I truly wanted was for someone to talk to about my anxieties, and I couldn't even get that.

I'm just feeling very defeated and needed to vent haha.

Hopefully you're all having better experiences.

I'm sorry your appointment went that way :hugs: Have you called to reschedule elsewhere? I think the anxieties are normal...I have symptoms and my husband seems to think I am showing already (I didn't ask for his thoughts on this :dohh: ) but I am still preparing myself for the worst and have those same fears. I hope you are able to get in to someone else quickly!

I'm sorry your appointment went that way :hugs: Have you called to reschedule elsewhere? I think the anxieties are normal...I have symptoms and my husband seems to think I am showing already (I didn't ask for his thoughts on this :dohh: ) but I am still preparing myself for the worst and have those same fears. I hope you are able to get in to someone else quickly!

Thanks for the support! I haven't scheduled anything else, however, my first ultrasound is already scheduled for the end of November when I'm (supposed to be) 12 weeks. I'm just gonna continue to go to my family doctor every few months and hope that's enough.

I'm also preparing myself for the worst; I told DH today that we're just gonna pretend I'm not pregnant anymore haha.

I have been feeling axiety too. Like raining in the excitement with "you dont know what will happen. It is still early you might still have mc even if you saw heartbeat. There might just be one in next scan" and so on.. not fun..

I have been feeling axiety too. Like raining in the excitement with "you dont know what will happen. It is still early you might still have mc even if you saw heartbeat. There might just be one in next scan" and so on.. not fun..

Definitely feeling the whole "reigning in excitement" thing. It's like, you just wanna be happy cause you're pregnant and that's awesome. But, you can't be.

Oh the first trimester blues.

I'm glad other people are feeling similarily anxious. I keep thinking, "because I'm so worried, things must not be going well". So it's reassuring knowing I'm not alone.

Haha I feel like the only one posting!

Had my first ultrasound today; everything went great!

The U/S tech was not the most pleasant, so I was afraid to ask any questions. I didn't get to hear the heartbeat (we could see it), and she didn't give me an updated DD. I am supposed to be 12 weeks 1 day today and the baby measured 2.4 inches (which is about where it should be at this time).

Here's my little bean (hopefully the picture works):

https://[URL=https://s1192.photobucket.com/user/staci-p/media/IMG_0920_zpsymln4q1x.jpg.html]

[IMG]https://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa330/staci-p/IMG_0920_zpsymln4q1x.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Little thing was dancing around so much; my uterus looked like a slip n' slide.

Lovely scan pic Stacip :)

I also had a scan today :D
15181651_10211495210522050_6480417467510730523_n.jpg

Here are my two lovelys :)

Ahhhh two! That's amazing! Congratulations! Two cute little beans you got there :)

I'm so glad everything went well staci!

Catalyst that is so exciting!!! Did you know you were having twins already or did you just find out? I can't remember and I am too lazy to go back through and look :blush:

I went to an early scan 20 days ago and the doctor nearly missed it.
Yesterday was to confirm two and that they were growing normally.

How do you miss two babies?! :haha: That's good that things went well!

Well... they were so small that time and she was starting to say "it seems something started here wr can see..." then just litle twist and suddenly we could see a flutter.

But I also heard a story about newly born twins. They had scans before but somehow they missed it. Biut in 20 week scan they wanted to know the gender and it was like "heres a girl... and she is playing with her brother" hahaha

Oh my gosh! Generally we only get a scan at 20 weeks and that is a huge fear of mine that at 20 weeks all the sudden two! I had my first doc appt today and they found the heartbeat quite easily so no ultrasound but it was so great to hear a heartbeat and know things are okay in there :)

I found the baby's heartbeat with my home Doppler for the first time this morning! I've been trying since 10 weeks (I'm almost 13); I'm so stinkin' excited. When I got my ultrasound the lady didn't let us hear the heartbeat (nor did she tell us what it was). So that made me a little anxious for some reason. But we counted (cause the Doppler couldn't pick up the correct number), and it was around 160!

I'm just so happy and relieved feeling! It's the best sound in the world.

That's awesome I have still not heard the heartbeat on my doppler yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->