• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Junebugs ~* June Testing Thread *~

Well I feel kinda shitty posting this now after reading that bad news but I got my digi! And another pic of the 10miu from earlier now it's dried a bit x
The progression is looking great!! :)

@thencomesbebe

"Another type of pregnancy test is a blood test. Blood tests are rarely done because they’re expensive and tend to have the same result as a urine test. This type of pregnancy test is done using a small sample of blood from a vein in your arm. This blood test not only detects whether the pregnancy hormone is in your body, but can also determine how much of the hormone is present. This is helpful for when your provider needs to know the exact amount of HCG in your blood, not just if there’s HCG in your blood."

Pregnancy Test: When To Take, Types & Accuracy

So basically what they're saying is unless you need to know exact amounts of HCG in your system it's not good to do a blood test for early detection because you'll get the same results as if you would a urine test. That means that they are only as sensitive as 25 miu/ml, when it comes to detecting early pregnancy, this is not because it's unable to detect the HCG and your level but because medically you're only considered pregnant if the HCG level is above 25 even when you take a blood test into consideration. So that's most likely why they said negative.

@thencomesbebe my last af was just 2 days before you. What cd do you usually ov? I don't ov till cd 16 so if you were to ov the same as me youd be 10dpo? But if u normally ov cd 14 then you'd be 12 like me. I think I've got that right.

@Kiwiberry if that wondfo was a true positive, the blood test would be too. I've had some really bad pink false positives, I think a lot of us have.
But, if thencomesbebe is only 10 dpo she could still have time to get a true positive!

@thencomesbebe my last af was just 2 days before you. What cd do you usually ov? I don't ov till cd 16 so if you were to ov the same as me youd be 10dpo? But if u normally ov cd 14 then you'd be 12 like me. I think I've got that right.

@Kiwiberry if that wondfo was a true positive, the blood test would be too. I've had some really bad pink false positives, I think a lot of us have.
But, if thencomesbebe is only 10 dpo she could still have time to get a true positive!
I'm honestly not sure when I would have O'd because we had three months of fertility treatments before this. I have no idea what my body is doing tbh.

@josephine3 there’s nothing quite like seeing it in words! So exciting!!

@thencomesbebe oh lovely, that sounds so stressful and confusing for you. That was one very convincing test. I can imagine it’s all very overwhelming for you right now so it’s understandable you’d want to take a bit of time before thinking about testing again. We’re always here for when you need to vent or try and work out what’s happening. I hope you get a definitive positive very soon!

Blood tests are only considered positive if you are above 25 Miu per ml. That's why I'm saying that it's not a true negative. Yes I've had false lines as well but chances are they aren't false chances are the egg goes to implant but then something happens and it doesn't and then it ends up with an early loss. With my loss I only had one positive test and it was very positive then the next test I took was negative. It is impossible to get a positive pregnancy test without being pregnant unless you have an underlying medical condition, which none of us have.

That is why I'm saying it is far more likely for the negative blood test to be false that it is for the positive pregnancy test to be false. Statistically and realistically it would make no sense to assume it was the other way around.

I'd also like to point out that these 10 Miu per ml tests the early detection ones are as sensitive as it can get. It is very likely to detect chemicals and early losses for the split second that you're pregnant. I mean if you really think about it this whole process happens rather quickly so it's not out of the question to assume that you could actually detect this process with the ultra sensitive urine tests on the market right now

Blood tests are only considered positive if you are above 25 Miu per ml. That's why I'm saying that it's not a true negative. Yes I've had false lines as well but chances are they aren't false chances are the egg goes to implant but then something happens and it doesn't and then it ends up with an early loss. With my loss I only had one positive test and it was very positive then the next test I took was negative. It is impossible to get a positive pregnancy test without being pregnant unless you have an underlying medical condition, which none of us have.

That is why I'm saying it is far more likely for the negative blood test to be false that it is for the positive pregnancy test to be false. Statistically and realistically it would make no sense to assume it was the other way around.
I am hanging on to every hope that you are right kiwiberry!

I'm not trying to give false hope, I'm just trying to point out that not everything is as it seems and to always look at things from every angle and take ideas into consideration that you normally wouldn't have thought about.

Sorry @Kiwiberry I have to disagree I'm afraid. A false positive isn't the same as an early loss. Some tests have a manufacturing defect which causes the false positive. A bad batch, or a dodgy test.

I haven't had a chance. I'm at work, I get off in 2 hours. I don't know if I'll test again tonight, or tomorrow, or wait a few days and see if AF shows.

Sorry @Kiwiberry I have to disagree I'm afraid. A false positive isn't the same as an early loss. Some tests have a manufacturing defect which causes the false positive. A bad batch, or a dodgy test.
I never said a false positive was the same as an early loss I don't know what you mean. I just said that it's impossible to get a false positive and that chances are the ones you thought were false were in fact real if I'm correct in the way I'm reading your message, then please don't assume I haven't been through it. I've experienced loss, heartbreak, traumatic birth, and premature labor. Please don't just assume that I'm some ignorant woman on here just saying whatever comes to my mind. I am a considerate person I am a sensitive person and I would never belittle anyone's experiences. So please don't belittle mine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->