Ladies Due June 28/29/30...

Oh my gosh 2pups I could have written the exact same thing!! I would never have gone to the midwife but I had an appt and one thing led to another they had me hooked up to a monitor for baby's heart rate and contractions...then sent me in for an ultrasound. Baby and fluid are all OK though! The midwife was noticing how regular and strong my bhs (every 5 min) were through those few hours so she decided to do an internal to see "if she should even send me home" . you can imagine my excitement!! But exact same thing...only 1cm dilated!! Ughhhhhh

Contractions lasted all evening pretty uncomfortable and of course fizzled out overnight.

So I totally feel your pain!! Looks like we have a long way to go...

Wow Steph, crazy! SO frustrating, eh? Yeah I just thought "this really could be it" because my contractions were pretty painful at times, but not unbearable, which is where I was hoping they were headed and never did.

On the bright side, I slept like a baby last night, and woke up to having lost a good chunk of my mucous plug (no bloody show though). So I'm at least headed in the right direction.

Just over a week to our due date... c'mon baby!!

2pups - well it sounds like you're progressing in the right direction if nothing else! :) Hope our babies don't keep us waiting too much longer :haha:

Ain't that the truth!! Oh well the weather is beautiful here and I'm usingy bump as a cup holder for my coffee and doing a crossword in the sun. Gotta enjoy alone time while we still can!

Haha sounds good to me!
I can't even seem to enjoy the nice weather we're getting at the moment.. I'm just waaay too hot. And running around after my LO in the sun all I want to do is get into the shade with a pint of cold drink! :haha: No relaxing for this momma!

Im in the exact same boat....im on false start number 6 lol...ive given up hope of it being real now lol!

If it gives any comfort, with my first, I was sent for an emergency induction and was shocked to find I was already 3cm. I had no idea...so lack of anything concrete doesnt mean its not going on!

x

Im in the exact same boat....im on false start number 6 lol...ive given up hope of it being real now lol!

If it gives any comfort, with my first, I was sent for an emergency induction and was shocked to find I was already 3cm. I had no idea...so lack of anything concrete doesnt mean its not going on!

x

Yeah I hear you! After a bunch of preterm labour scares and now false labour, this baby isn't able to make up his mind apparently. :haha: At least we're headed somewhere... I mean, birth IS inevitable. It's going to happen, it's just not knowing when that I can't handle! LOL.

For sure...was up half the night. Contractions would wake me up because they were uncomfortable and really tight but not strong enough to be actual labor...when I woke up in pain at midnight I thought "holy cow this is it!" But by 230 I was back to sleep again. Sigh. Still would half wake up with each one through the night. I've got a load of bricks attached to my front!!

How was last night for you guys?

Oh my gosh 2pups I could have written the exact same thing!! I would never have gone to the midwife but I had an appt and one thing led to another they had me hooked up to a monitor for baby's heart rate and contractions...then sent me in for an ultrasound. Baby and fluid are all OK though! The midwife was noticing how regular and strong my bhs (every 5 min) were through those few hours so she decided to do an internal to see "if she should even send me home" . you can imagine my excitement!! But exact same thing...only 1cm dilated!! Ughhhhhh

Contractions lasted all evening pretty uncomfortable and of course fizzled out overnight.

So I totally feel your pain!! Looks like we have a long way to go...

Aw I totally know where you're coming from hearing 'only 1cm dilated' is so frustrating!! Even after all my contractions and pessary to ripen my cervix I was still told barely 2cm. Haha! It can change rather quickly though so have faith. Be checking back here for updates on you lovely ladies x

I've been having irregular contractions for three hours now. Wonder if this is the start?! I can't imagine it being anything other than the same as it was with my first - woke up, had my first contraction, before the day was over I had given birth. I can't imagine having a lead up or having a normal day then going into labour at night. Such a weird thought!!

Mrsmummy--Exciting! Maybe your LO will come before the move just to stir the pot and make things a little more interesting for you!! Fx'd for you!! xx

AFM, I had a good night's sleep... OH and I dtd and it didn't lead to anything. I don't know about you ladies but I have NOT been able to get the big 'O' this late in the pregnancy, so it hasn't triggered contractions... but could be helping with ripening my cervix a bit more so at least there's that. I've been having the odd uncomfortable contraction here and there but nothing like the other day. *sigh* I'm at a point where I'm just giving up--whatever happens happens! I just wish my doctor and midwife didn't get my hopes up by saying 'it could be soon!' every time I had an appt. I get that I've been showing signs of impending labour for weeks now, but it obviously means nothing lol.

I can't help but get a bit crabby about it lol I'm so uncomfortable and these false labour contractions really throw me off. I swear I won't know I'm in actual labour until I'm in transition :haha: It's a scary thought considering I have a good 25 minute drive to the birthing centre, and the hospital isn't even closer in case of emergency. Ahh well, at least I've been losing parts of my plug over the past couple of days... but again, I'm pretty sure it's my body just being a jerk and teasing me for nothing! LOL.

Just gotta take it each day as it comes I guess! :shrug: I'm done with getting my hopes up.

Haha definitely possible 2pups! We shall see! It's died off a bit now though :dohh:
These false starts are a pain!

I suspect I will be the last one on this thread to go into labor. No signs of losing my mucus plug, no contractions whatsoever. :dohh:

Good luck to all of you ladies who are experiencing promising symptoms!!:thumbup:

I suspect I will be the last one on this thread to go into labor. No signs of losing my mucus plug, no contractions whatsoever. :dohh:

Good luck to all of you ladies who are experiencing promising symptoms!!:thumbup:

LOL saying stuff like that will put you into true labour before all of us, you wait and see!!! :haha:

LOL saying stuff like that will put you into true labour before all of us, you wait and see!!! :haha:

Lol so true!!

Remember disneyfan - things can always be completely spontaneous. My first labour I had no signs, nothing, not a peep. Then woke up one morning with full on real contractions beginning at 5 minutes apart. :) I hope this happens to me again rather than random signs all the time!

Disneyfan......im feeling the same as you, im 39+2 and have no signs what so ever that this baby is on his way, hes fully engaged but has been that way for 2 weeks, sweep in 2 days so hopefully that will move things along.

LOL - too funny! :haha:

Lol so true!!

Remember disneyfan - things can always be completely spontaneous. My first labour I had no signs, nothing, not a peep. Then woke up one morning with full on real contractions beginning at 5 minutes apart. :) I hope this happens to me again rather than random signs all the time!

Thanks! I hope it happens for you again! :hugs:

Disneyfan......im feeling the same as you, im 39+2 and have no signs what so ever that this baby is on his way, hes fully engaged but has been that way for 2 weeks, sweep in 2 days so hopefully that will move things along.

I was out walking today. I'm getting a lot of pelvic pressure and lightening crotch today. LOL. I hope we see some signs of progression soon. Same goes for all of you lovely ladies! :hugs:

Disney because you said that, you're going first!! That's good she's nice and low now. Any progression is encouraging to me!

After a full night the night before of contractions, I felt exhausted yesterday. But last night I slept like a log. 2 different periods of 4 solid hours of sleep!! This morning is a beautiful day, I got to have a nice date night with the hubby last night (2pups I know what you mean about dtd... It's so complicated now and the o doesn't happen...which is a first grr) now we're having a lazy breakfast before I head off to a friend's baby shower she's 37 weeks!

So all in all...yes I'm sad I won't go into labour this weekend but making the most of it!! Hope you are all having a great weekend too updates please xx

Keep checking back here as I'm still in hospital atm. Sooo excited to see who will go next :)
Sounds like a lot of you ladies are getting some symptoms! Fx for you! In the meantime I'll be looking for updates! You're all so close! You can do this mamas xxxx

Steph, it's weird - I feel her low, bump my hump still seems fairly high. :shrug: I'm sorry that the contractions have slowed for you. Hopefully they pick up soon and you find yourself in labor in no time! :hugs: I'm going to take DH walking with me today, and I'm going to keep bouncing on my ball. We are eating spicy food for dinner tonight. :haha:

Gizzyy - Your LO is ADORABLE. Congrats once again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->