Lapland New Forest (and Lapland West Midlands) Reviews & Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we went today, and I've blogged about it. As I haven't made ten or more posts here though I can't put the link to it up, and I'm loathed to go through uploading all the photos here too.
Any way round this?

Well I have read in complete the posts on this forum, and have attended the event that some of you describe as a con.

I have myself witnessed a scene set in a park that has been made to bring the magical feel to christmas to life in YES a natural rain soaked woodland in the New forest. To my amazement I cannot believe the critisism that this event is receiveing, an amazing back drop of lights up lighting along the tunnell, although this was witnessed at 6pm, the magical lighting through the tunnel and a back drop nativity scene lit up showing baby jesus, and the mud field is actually a sand dune effect, the husky pen then gives a feel of lapland as it opens into the show.

the log cabins may not be log, but are far from your cheap £99 B&Q sheds as described, the reindeer are not chained and actually come to the fence to be touched, the turkey, piglets pigmy goats and rabbits are gorgeous animals that children would love to see, the husky cabin is very informative, there is free facepainting, free balloon artist, free magicians plenty of helpful elves maybe not in costume that you would expect but dressed up non the less.

children are greeted by snowmen, santa, elves and all staff seem happy to help albeit being threatend and abused by ADULTS???????? I have never seen an event where a member of public assults a friendly member of staff and it was disgraceful to see someone willing to try and help being threatend by paying public, maybe the organisers should of thrown the lady in question off of the event? yes there are queing systems to any event with santa, and demand to see santa made queing a nightmare, but measures were taken to speed up the viewing.

with regard the photographs, some say £8, £10, £15 what one is it? i saw a sign for £8 i even heard yesterday that 2 guys had a fight over the last of icing sugar at the gingerbread hut, are british people just expecting too much these days for their money?

the toy shop was even being looted! has this country gone mad?

have you not all realised that this event is for children? I would go again, and im sure many others would as well.

on a few points, i think that people should arrive later in the day to get the effect of the tunnel of light, take provisions for standing in the good old british rainy weather, this is an outdoor event afterall.

just my views, but this event doesent need the grief it is getting, and you cannot compare entry to a theme park, because this is a winter land that is set to bring happiness for christmas for the CHILDREN!!!

and just for record I did see a container with snow buisness written on it today, so again i do believe that snow buisness have done the snow.

hope this helps some who may be looking to go, and remember it is just for the children.

Well I have read in complete the posts on this forum, and have attended the event that some of you describe as a con.

I have myself witnessed a scene set in a park that has been made to bring the magical feel to christmas to life in YES a natural rain soaked woodland in the New forest. To my amazement I cannot believe the critisism that this event is receiveing, an amazing back drop of lights up lighting along the tunnell, although this was witnessed at 6pm, the magical lighting through the tunnel and a back drop nativity scene lit up showing baby jesus, and the mud field is actually a sand dune effect, the husky pen then gives a feel of lapland as it opens into the show.

the log cabins may not be log, but are far from your cheap £99 B&Q sheds as described, the reindeer are not chained and actually come to the fence to be touched, the turkey, piglets pigmy goats and rabbits are gorgeous animals that children would love to see, the husky cabin is very informative, there is free facepainting, free balloon artist, free magicians plenty of helpful elves maybe not in costume that you would expect but dressed up non the less.

children are greeted by snowmen, santa, elves and all staff seem happy to help albeit being threatend and abused by ADULTS???????? I have never seen an event where a member of public assults a friendly member of staff and it was disgraceful to see someone willing to try and help being threatend by paying public, maybe the organisers should of thrown the lady in question off of the event? yes there are queing systems to any event with santa, and demand to see santa made queing a nightmare, but measures were taken to speed up the viewing.

with regard the photographs, some say £8, £10, £15 what one is it? i saw a sign for £8 i even heard yesterday that 2 guys had a fight over the last of icing sugar at the gingerbread hut, are british people just expecting too much these days for their money?

have you not all realised that this event is for children? I would go again, and im sure many others would as well.

on a few points, i think that people should arrive later in the day to get the effect of the tunnel of light, take provisions for standing in the good old british rainy weather, this is an outdoor event afterall.

just my views, but this event doesent need the grief it is getting, and you cannot compare entry to a theme park, because this is a winter land that is set to bring happiness for christmas for the CHILDREN!!!

and just for record I did see a container with snow buisness written on it today, so again i do believe that snow buisness have done the snow.

hope this helps some who may be looking to go, and remember it is just for the children.

I take it you work there then?

Maybe 6pm is the right time to go, all the children got fed up of waiting for hours on end to see santa. I really really truely feel that £200 was way way way too expensive to spend on this day out. Can you honestly hand on your heart say that this was well worth the £25-£30 per head to go there??

I am glad you enjoyed the event but i think you will realise that you are in a majority of one.

Whilst I would not condone any agression toward staff who are clearly not to blame for this disgrace, the reason it is happening is because the british public can see when they are being taken for a ride !!

I think over the next few days the media ,both television and papers will be reporting extensively on this "attraction". I would also be very suprised if both trading standards and dorset council do not get involved.

Surely the fact staff are walking out and telling people visiting it is a con and explaining best way to get money back says it all !!!

This photo makes me sick - The thought of one of the activities being 'kids in a garden shed drawing pictures, while having the company of a teddy bear elf'..

https://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v614/30/89/1094961619/n1094961619_30195504_7517.jpg

I think we could all do a better job in our back gardens.

Oh my goodness! Either daisy1daisy is the organiser or she is being payed. What a load of rubbish. I don't think your little speech is going to change the minds of hundreds of people that have had the misfortune of experiencing the scam. Crying children does not convey happy children!

daisy1daisy you obviously own this farce or you went to a different event, I just hope the organisers feel really proud of steeling money from children, because in effect that what they have done.

daisy1daisy, you are obviously part of the gypsie family that organised this complete sham!! if you actually did any organising! The biggest rip off devastating day out for my daughter i could ever imagine. I am ashamed and angry at myself for being duped into this and paying good money for something that shattered my daughters illusion of a magical xmas! And to think we normally take her to disney land paris at xmas, i just want to cry! I hope the people behind this are utterly ashamed of themselves. Please if you are still thinking of going, for gods sake dont bother.

I know what this is, it's one of those quizzes isn't it? We have to guess A, B or C...

A) You're being paid by the organisers to write this post
B) You are married to the organiser
C) You are the organiser

What utter tosh! People can see for themselves as more and more photos of this farce are posted on the web - see Facebook (3 groups). It's sooooo hideous it's laughable!

Right, I can see where this is going...

Word of warning! Everyone is entitled to post their views (good or bad) without verbal slurs being aimed at them.

Just because someone says they had a good time doesn't make them the enemy.

Play nice!

I appreciate your comments and understand where you're coming from StirCrazy, but I would hazard a guess you haven't been, and therefore can't fully appreciate the anger and disappointment we posters have experienced this weekend. Many people have wasted a lot of hard earned money on this event and, if standing up and speaking out gets me banned from this site then so be it - because if I have saved just one person from going then it's been worth it. I think it'll be very interesting to see what media attention this gains over the coming week, and further still, whether it's still operating after the Council, Trading Standards et al., have reviewed the operation.

I appreciate your comments and understand where you're coming from StirCrazy, but I would hazard a guess you haven't been, and therefore can't fully appreciate the anger and disappointment we posters have experienced this weekend. Many people have wasted a lot of hard earned money on this event and, if standing up and speaking out gets me banned from this site then so be it - because if I have saved just one person from going then it's been worth it. I think it'll be very interesting to see what media attention this gains over the coming week, and further still, whether it's still operating after the Council, Trading Standards et al., have reviewed the operation.

No I haven't been. As a family man I am genuinely sorry for your experience.
My job here is solely to keep things from getting out of hand. While I appreciate the need to express anger and disappointment lets make sure we aim it at the right people (no need for anyone to get banned).

S.C>

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would like to respond with mine. Yes this event was for children and that is why it is so the more repulsive that it was more about making a fast buck than making it a magically time. We were lucky enough to have seen santa early so only had to wait 30 minutes......we were met by a children's entertainer who said he was too cold to juggle! Then a Elf who tried to be jolly and do her best! Upon meeting with Santa we were told that we would have to put our cameras away and pay £10 per photograph of our children meeting Santa! The setting for Santa was dark and dingy and crowded with people looking on (not particularly child friendly) and my children just wanted to get out! At this point I have to say how sorry I felt for the elf dealing with people who were quite rightly annoyed at being charged for a photo of their children with Santa (she thanked us for being so polite and looked the other way whist we got our camera out! In the Elfs own words she said the whole event was badly organised and they had been left to pick up the pieces. We then left Santa with a token to collect our present (by now my daughter was asking why we had to go to a shop to choose a present, when it is Santa who delivers them usually!) We then wondered round for another 30 mins trying to take part in the 'child centered ' activities, the gingerbread men had run out, there was no sign of toy making, face painting was overcrowded and consisted of 2 circles of red paint! As for the animals my daughter was upset because the dogs were howling and she thought they were hurt and the raindeer went into hiding. Finally, after trying to jolly everyone along my daughter asked to go home and that we did and once in the car she enquired "where was all the snow Mummy" I think that says it all!

Regarding the good old british rain we went to Marwell last year and Paultons the previous year and on both occasions it was pouring with good old british rain but they had managed to create a magical christmas experience where the rain did not matter and spoil my CHILDRENS day!!

Thank goodness for the internet and these forums. They have saved my family from the bitter disappointment suffered by everyone here. I feel so sorry for the children, and so mad that anyone could sink so low as to rip off families and children at this time of year.

I bought my tickets online for my 2 daughters, my son, his girlfriend and my two granddaughters. After reading all this they won't be going, but are bitterly disappointed at letting the children down. I'll be phoning all the numerous people tomorrow to complain and try and get my money back. What a disgusting state of affairs.

I don't know if this will help anyone but I've found this address at companies house. LAPLAND NEW FOREST LIMITED
Company Address UNIT 1, WILD PARK HOUSE,, HOME FARM ROAD, BRIGHTON, EAST SUSSEX BN1 9HT, BN1 9HT
Company Reg No. 06671308

I hope this is taken seriously and these people are brought to justice.

I also have the names and addresses of the two company directors, and will post them here tomorrow if anyone would like them, and it's allowed on this board.

For those that dont have facebook Ill add some photos from the groups:

The nativity and the sandune effect :rolleyes:
https://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v653/72/42/712186669/n712186669_1064004_246.jpg

The magical tunnel of light

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v614/30/89/1094961619/n1094961619_30195330_3120.jpg

Huskies Chained Up

https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v977/92/5/669626291/n669626291_1519663_9634.jpg

Santas Grotto

https://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v741/238/96/631285335/n631285335_2170444_304.jpg

Here is the santas elf that greets you from your car to take you to this magical land..

https://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v777/241/55/570598371/n570598371_1165550_2873.jpg

The selective festive food on offer! .. maybe not..

https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v777/241/55/570598371/n570598371_1165559_5648.jpg

The bustling market

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v777/241/55/570598371/n570598371_1165562_6599.jpg

tunnel of light at night as one person mentioned it was the time to see it :rolleyes:

https://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v977/92/5/669626291/n669626291_1519665_1774.jpg

Everyone! -

The Daily Echo have put the story up on their website, go check it out! It's good to see the media are covering it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back