Lapland New Forest (and Lapland West Midlands) Reviews & Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! I've just read through all these posts and am almost in tears thinking of all the poor children who these b****ds are disappointing.:cry:

How can grown adults do this to innocent children?

I hope they get everything thrown at them. They deserve to rot in hell.

I have been reading with interest the posts regarding lapland new forest. I have paid £110 for 4 adults and my 5 month old to go on the 16th December. I have e-mailed the company requesting a full refund and have also contacted my credit card company to ask advice. The company have to be given 14 days to respond or refund before the credit card company will get involved, and at that point they said they are happy to take the case up. I agree it appears to be travellers and looking at the pictures it certainly doesnt look like its worth the money. I would be grateful if the posts keep coming and be interested to hear if anyone gets their money back. I would be suprised if the place is still there in a few days

I'm so sorry, tried to put the footage on but having problems with software. Will keep trying. If anyone else took video tape, I'm sure people would appreciate it.

we went today in a group of 4 so it cost us £100 ... am soooooooooo angry at being ripped off ..
please if anyone is thinking of going DONT.
if you have a facebook account go on there and you will see loads of pics

I have just joined this site - I feel the need to express my utter disapointment for my children at this teribble, tacky, crappy, con, we spent £200 on tickets for 8 of us to go here and i can not tell you anymore then those who have already reported on it and they are 110% RIGHT - apart from I HAVE GOT THE TELEPHONE NUMBER OF HENRY MEARS the guy who is behind this event if anyone wants it please email me and I will give it to you. I did speak to him today and he did say that if you leave your details on the website we should get a refund. But we have today contacted our debit card company Barclays and they are sending us a claim form and said that they will refund our money. I am just so disapointed for my 2 daughters, and all the other kids who went here today and had there dreams shattered. I do not think that my daughters will ever forget this day cos I definately will not. Sarah x

Hi can u pm his number please? I would really appreciate it?

I am myself in a tricky situation. I am meant to be attending this event as a photographer, however from the photographs I have seen I highly doubt anyone would be paying for photographs, nor is there anything to photograph.

I have forked out for costumes and studio lighting and it would be another £40 train/ferry travel to Bournemouth for a single day - I do not know if to go or not. I have phoned up my contact there and I am awaiting to hear back from the chief of photography.

Annoyed now as I could have gone and done the more successful and proven Lapland UK. I am also looking forward to seeing the Live TV day.

If I were you I really wouldn't want to waste the train/ferry fare on top of the other expenses. I didn't see anyone really enjoying themselves, and that's what you'd need to persuade anyone to part with money for a photo.

Someone has emailed me the number of their daughter who is working down there - I was told to give her a ring to find out the true happenings etc.

I also have Henry's number and when I rung him today he seemed confused about the scene in the mud field - I will give him a ring again to confirm that I am not going once I have confirmed myself.

I have just joined this site - I feel the need to express my utter disapointment for my children at this teribble, tacky, crappy, con, we spent £200 on tickets for 8 of us to go here and i can not tell you anymore then those who have already reported on it and they are 110% RIGHT - apart from I HAVE GOT THE TELEPHONE NUMBER OF HENRY MEARS the guy who is behind this event if anyone wants it please email me and I will give it to you. I did speak to him today and he did say that if you leave your details on the website we should get a refund. But we have today contacted our debit card company Barclays and they are sending us a claim form and said that they will refund our money. I am just so disapointed for my 2 daughters, and all the other kids who went here today and had there dreams shattered. I do not think that my daughters will ever forget this day cos I definately will not. Sarah x

Hi please can you PM me his number, as went to day with wife and 3 girls and came away very dissapointed!!!

Sorry, still new to all this (C*apland being my only thread). What is PM? Can someone not just publish this Mears chaps telephone number so we can all give him a ring?!

'Snow business' are advertised to have been doing the snow scenes, however from what I have heard and seen this does not seem the case.

If Snow business had done the snow effects for the 'attraction', then it would be to the quality of the films such as Narnia. I believe what may have happened, is that Snow business fell out/departed from Lapland New Forest, and they have had to use backup snow machines (someone previously mentioned a snow machine being used)?. No snow machines should be used if the snow is done by the Snow business as it stays in place for weeks.

Just my thought..

The snow on the trees was fairly good, and seemed to be made from tiny bits of paper. It clung quite well. I think it would have lasted quite a while, so it might be Snowbusiness. However, it did pick off fairly easily and I saw a lot of people doing that, so what it might look like nearer the end of the month (if the whole operation lasts that long) is anybody's guess. A bit patchy I would think!
There were also a couple of the foam-type snow machines dotted around, churning out tiny bits of floating foam intermittently.

Henry knows full well what is happening down there as he was there yesterday as another poster had spoke to hime face to face. Although he did tell me he was on his way that was 3.330pm today so he does indeed have all the facts and knows full well what is going on. He also told me that he was only the person who deals with the advertising and nothing else - also a lie i beleive. Sorry for the rant but people like him really make me sick.

That is what I heard, however the Snow Business' snow is layed down and is left - machines don't pump out more snow, and they have to use a liquid to get rid of it.

New today how do I pm you guys this number???

Not really sure that publishing this number would be the right thing to do??? I am not 100% sure that this guy is the one behind this con and would feel really uneasy putting him through this if he is not to blame. I have been made aware today that staff working at the New Forrest have been phisically attacked by members of the public - so I am not willing to be the one to publish it I am afraid. You can find out all sorts from people phone numbers!

Can someone post the number of this Henry Mears guy? We have tickets for 6th of Dec and won't be attending. I wouldn't dream of subjecting our daughter to such disappointment.

If u click on my name the option to send me a personal message is there, but i have pm'd u know so u can just reply, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->