Large Family? Come join us!!!

I had the same girls band through all 4 boys, but was so stuck for a boys name with ds4 that we ended up with a name too similar to our girls name to use. So now I'm stuck for a girls name but I actually have a boys name picked ready!
A midwife told me with ds4 it was best to "quit while you're ahead, you could end up with 10 boys" which I thought was very rude and unprofessional. I mean, who doesn't want to have the best of both worlds, but your babies are your babies and even if you would like the opposite next time you don't love them any less.

Please tell me this is a +opk?! I've had so many near positives over the last month that I just don't know any more...

https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/kayleighwhitehead/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc4ba9e60.jpg

I would count that as positive for sure! :) I got tired of trying to figure it out and got a CB advance. Cost more for sure but if you know when you O it isn't so bad.

I think if I were more regular it wouldn't be such an issue. I only really want to know when I O for the next couple of cycles so I can check my lp is long enough and then I'm planning on stopping the charting and just letting it happen when it's meant to. I'm just pleased to finally have got a positive opk, I can start counting days now until I get af lol

You can O 12-48 hours after a positive OPK LOL So your days will still be off alittle. I would suggest temping with your OPKs gives you a better idea what day you O on.

Yeah I'm temping as well anyway, and know it won't be 100% accurate on O but with my past lp of 6 days I just want to make sure it's at least 10 days.

motherofboys- were you bfing?? that made my lp crazy short when cycles came back and I had to wait for it to extend. hope yours is longer this time!

funny enough we already have 2 older girls, but with having 4 boys in a row we still got the "so sorry you're having another boy" responses lol. its sad how the world views children. I just went to a birthday party for my dad and someone commented to me, "so you finally got a girl"???? seriously? we already had 2. do they not count after 4 boys in a row? it makes no sense whatsoever, but hey that's how people think. I wonder if they will be completely baffled if we get pregnant again lol. after all we 'finally' got a girl why would we possibly want more :haha:

we used to get a lot of comments with each pregnancy, but hopefully people realize now that we absolutely love children and will raise as many as the Lord see's fit to give us. but hey, probably not.. and it wont stop us from loving each and every one of them :D

I was yes.
That's crazy that people are like that. Especially as you had 2 girls first. I understand if you only had 1 that people would maybe think you wanted to give her a sister.
Yesterday on the way home from school ds1 asked if he could have 4 more brothers!!! He even said to me "you're only young. You won't run out of eggs till you're at least 50!"

aw he sounds so cute :) my oldest boy is 7 and he is very happy to have so many brothers. he always pops off that he wants 50 more :roll: :D

Hi all! Can I join? We are ttc
#3 and ntnp for life. DS1
Is 2 years 2 months old and DS2 is 9 months. We believe that children are a blessing from God and would never remove his hand from the creation equation. I am still BFing (mostly at naptime and night) and have had 3 cycles since giving birth. 6/1, 7/1, and 7/26. We considered homeschooling but we will be sending our first son to a school run by nuns next year (we are catholic). We live in a catholic village in Lebanon (small middle eastern/Mediterranean country) and the feelings about big families are mixed. God has provided us with the means to provide for many Children but my family and most of his family definitely raise eyebrows when they hear us say we want unlimited kids. Mostly I think they are worried about my ability to handle the household and the needs of many children, and they are right: If I depended on myself, I couldn't handle it. But with
The grace of God, so far,
So good!

The thing is with house hold stuff etc it's not like you are suddenly given 10 kids at the drop of a hat. You have them one at a time, slowly adjusting to what it is like to keep on top of things with 1, then 2, then 3 and so on.

The thing is with house hold stuff etc it's not like you are suddenly given 10 kids at the drop of a hat. You have them one at a time, slowly adjusting to what it is like to keep on top of things with 1, then 2, then 3 and so on.

Yes exactly!! I remember feeling overwhelmed when my first was a baby and after having #2 I've become so much more efficient with my time/routine that when one of them isn't here, I feel almost childless!

Some people start out only wanting 2 and end up wanting 6, others start out wanting 6 and deciding at number 2 or 3 that try have to stop either because they can not afford another or don't think they could cope with another, or even health reasons. So I think not putting a number on it doesn't make that much difference. You're just open to possibilities. I'm sure, in line with your faith, that God wouldn't give you more than you could cope with, yes there will be stressful times and trying times but there won't be anything you couldn't get through, and if you didn't have your religion but still didn't put a number on it you'd stop when you felt things become too tight financially or time wise etc Not that it's their business anyway lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->