• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Late April Early May 2013 babies. :)

We've switched to ff. He is doing amazing. So settled and content. He stayed up for a whole hour and a half just looking around and making little coos. Then fell asleep..the only reason he's cried today is bc he is fighting his sleep he wants yo stay awake and hang out lol. He has barely been spitting up or having gas. He is much happier I think..

I am a wreck. I am devestated by the loss of the bfing relationship and the closeness..
I hope I can get over it but right now every time I think about it I cry uncontrollably. He hss trief to latch on over my shirt a few times and I lost it..and every time I open the freezer and see the stash I started I lose it again..but his belly gets upset whenever we've tried to combi feed..so I don't want to give it to him just so I feel better...everyone keeps telling me it is the right thing and that I am a good mom no matter what and he got almost a whoke month of the benefits of bfing...but nothing anyone says has been able to take s way the pain..

And the engorgement is a constant painful reminder that its over

I wish all you ladies so much luck with bfing. I rly hope it works for all of you <3

Sorry you had to give up mrsbabcock but I guess if he's happy then that's the main thing. The engorgement will go soon.

Cupcake - are you sure it's a prolapse? I thought I had one but I'm thinking not now, not that I'm looking or feeling until I'm 6 weeks as I figure i need that time to recover. As I understand it if you are planning on having more children they won't operate on you until you have no more ahead of you but you can sort some prolapses out with pelvic floor exercises and also they have a ring you have inserted which can hold it into place so there are options. I hope it's not though.

After our week of hideous nights with Annabelle and Henry we finally got a better one -
Henry slept 5 hours (8.30-1.30 when Annabelle woke him up!) then he was awake for 1.5 hours but then went back down for 3.45 mins! If he could do that every night I would be grateful! Now just to have his sister sleeping through the night again.....!

Mrs Babcock sending you massive hugs. I'm crying for you here as it is just so hard. In glad he is a happier baby. Mummy needs to feel OK about being upset which I know will take some time. Be kind to yourself hun xx

Hi ladies

Sorry to hear of all the feeding problems- we are similar with lots of acidly spit up and bad wind. She would sleep really well if she wasn't disturbed by these things. She grunts and fidgets most of the night-i think I must be eating something that is disagreeing with her but I've not got the willpower to do a strict elimination diet as my diet is so varied I can't pinpoint anything specific. I'm going to try us both on probiotics and see if that helps as i've heard they can be helpful with reflux and colic symptoms. I've got her Moses basket tilted as high as possible but the acid still makes its way back up and she chokes on it :-( which is horrid.

As for cranial osteopathy I took my first son as he had birth injuries from having ventouse and forceps. He had reflux too and was on infant gaviscon. I can't say for sure if it was helpful or just the passing of time but his head shape improved dramatically (he had a bit of a cone head from delivery) and he did become much more settled. I would like to take Sophie now but I just can't afford it. I believe it can be useful for babies born by c-section as they can have different issues.

She is gaining weight like a trooper though- she was 9 lb 14oz a week ago and already feels a lot chunkier. I reckon she is 11 lb now already. I've heard that rapid weight gain and bad wind plus she has dark green poo can be down to her getting too much foremilk so I'm trying to block feed from one breast within a four hour period. It doesn't seem to be working though so far but then one of my boobs does produce so much more than the other.

Hmm I think I read too much on dr.google!

Foxy I can't believe Ziva has had her jabs already! Time is flying!

X

Sorry to hear that mrsvbabcock I know how hard that decision is to make :-( I had to formula feed my first after 6 weeks of expressing due to his birth injuries and I was heartbroken. He couldn't open his mouth wide enough to latch though as they hurt his jaw with the forceps and he used to projectile vomit my milk across the room. I know in hindsight if I could have gotten the right support we may have overcome those issues but it's so much better to go with what makes baby happier and they are all so unique. The engorgment will soon go and you have done so well to make it this far. Just enjoy him and don't feel guilty xxxx

Foxy my little one generally only does a big poop every other day. My last lad only went every two weeks-used to freak me out but he was fine and was just normal for him until he started solids.
X

Kezzie - Sophie sounds exactly like Bee! So much fidgeting and grunting bless her. :(

Gaviscon is doing bugger all - spoke to 3 Healh visitors/lactation consultants today and they all said its more helpful if baby has the super vomity reflux, not silent reflux.

They all encouraged me to try different meds. So I have a phone appointment this afternoon with my GP.

Went to my local breastfeeding cafe this morning. Was great. So helpful and has made me feel much more positive.

Was a but nervy feeding in a room of people, but everyone made me feel lovely and I've done it now. Proud if myself. :)

Thanks kez. He is so much happier. We probably could have made bfing work but I can't afford a lactation consultant or anything. And with only 2 weeks before I go back to work I just didn't see us being able to get into a consistent routine by then to whrre I'd feel comfy leaving him..it is so hard not to pick him up and put him to the breast though...I am just ready for my milk to be gone so its just done and over..this stage is so hard bc i could still go back if I wanted so I have to constantly fight the urge to just go back. Ugh.

And good for you cupcake! I wish they had something like that around here it sounds wonderful.

In other non-feeding news, little man is already picking his head up when he's on his belly. He can hold it up for 8-10sec and look all around! And its only a tad wobbly :) he smiles all the time...mostly when he's falling asleep but sometimes if I talk to him he will flash a big grin. Idk if he even realizes he's doing it lol

Sounds rough mrs Babcock! Hope your milk clears up soon. I wish I woud have stuck with what was working well for me when it was working. I just didn't know better.
Cupcake hope your doc can help you with our prolapse. Very jealous of your breast feeding cafe.
Isn't it so nice to have a good night Hann? Makes it feel like a whole new world. I had three in a row, then last night stunk.
Good info on the green poo Kezz. Dylan has it too and I was wondering what it was about.
And on the poop issue, we have almost 10 a day! It stinks lol.

Is anyone else baby wearing? I'm curious :) I don't do it all he time or even every day but I have the moby wrap and we've taken a few walks in it..wish I knew beforehsnd how hot it would be though. By the end of the walk poor baby is so sweaty even If I put him in nothing but a diaper! I would love to get one of the cooler linen ones but all the ones I've seen sre $50+ !!

I babywear! I have a variety of wraps though, my stretchy is a summer one so lightweight, I also have wovens but not using them yet. Love bavywearing though. We bought a tandem buggy but so far it's remained in the loft as I can't see us using it!

Sorry to all of you having problems feeding. I think Henry might have silent reflux too but only very mildly, so it's affecting only about 50% of feeds but when it does I can see him swallowing rapidly the acid trying to keep it down and he feeds often I think to get rid of the taste and burn. I will probably just see how it goes though as I hated gaviscon because it gave my daughter constipation so I'd rather not use that and I'm not wanting anything stronger at this stage as we are coping for now.
He did a huge sleep last night - 8pm - 3.40am! I was in shock! I doubt it will happen again but was so nice. Of course my DD woke up at midnight so we didn't get a big sleep but it was good nonetheless.

:( Sorry I am not responding invididually but I have to write this somewhere: I feel like ripping my hair out. I hate breast feeding. LO is so fussy, has horrible silent reflux, stomach issues and now has a diaper rash from heck from thrush. DH put me on a total elimination diet to see if it's something irritating his stomach. I am so hungry, all I want is the food I can't have. I am done my thrush medication and it's still not gone - going to pick up some Gentian Violet tomorrow. Still having issues with cracked/painful nipples. All I do is lay around all day feeding LO and trying to make him feel better. I haven't done anything outside my house in 6 weeks. I can't do anything. I thought life would be back to 'normal' somewhat by now. I try to just walk around the block and he screams the whole time. I have a LC coming by tonight so I'm praying she has some answers.

:( TTC I only have half your problems and I'm at my wits end.

I can't imagine how bad you're feeling.

Well done for keeping going. It'll be worth it in the end. Xxxxxx

We've just hit the 6 week growth spurt. DD has fed every hour since 8am. :( My nipples are so sore.

The reflux means after each feed she screams.

Then she'll sleep on me, but if I put her down the whole cycle starts again.

Thanks Cupcake, this is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. My LO is the same way after feedings, screams because of the reflux and then will ONLY sleep on me. The moment I lay him down he wakes up and screams... then like you said, the cycle starts all over again.

I'm also running on 5 hours of broken sleep. LO hasn't napped at all today.

Ttc and cupcake--I am so sorry. It sounds like all the same things I went through only he screamed bc I wasn't making enough milk/my milk wasn't filling enough for him and I had oald...good for you for powering through...I really wanted to but I just couldn't see it getting any better bc his appetite would only get bigger as he gets older and I wanted to be able to enjoy my time with him and since I'm going bsck to work soon I needed to have more of s steady routine with him..

I will say he is so much happier on formula..he's full he sleeps he only fusses when he is fighting sleep and he doesn't scream from gas anymore. He is aldo awake for way longer periods. Yes I am devestated still about not bfing...but I am so happy that my baby is more content...

I can't tell you what the right decision is but that is just my experience. Whatever happens though we are all good mommies

:hugs:

Mrs B - if I was going back to work and in your BFing position I'd have done the same.

I've tried DD on 3 types of bottle and she won't have them at all. :( Even more screaming. So I kind of dont have a choice but to BF.

FF isn't going to harm your LO. I was FF and am super healthy. And think how much more advanced it must be now 30 years later.

If your LO and you are both happier then plead don't feel guilty. All your LO needs is love and you've got the perfect amount of that. X

i'm getting an ergo next week to start wearing jackson in. excited for it, because he HATES the moby wrap, which i'm disappointed in!

ttc, can you pump and give it to the baby in bottles to give your nipples (and sanity) a break??

Thanks cupcake :) that's part of why I was so upset bc bfing was such a bonding experience for us so I was..but he seems to have bonded even bfing for a short time cuz sometimes when he's crying hell stop and fall asleep as soon as I pick him up :) <3

I wish I didnt hsve to go to work or I'd try longer :/
I was ff from 8weeks on my mom had many of the ssme issues with me and my sister bfing so I kmow ff is fine too. It was more the bonding for me than the nutrition aspect.

Jtink I was looking at the ergo too I think once lo gets too heavy for the moby to be supportive ill get one of those..I've also seen a lot of diy tutorials about making your own linen wrap but idk how comfortsble I am carrying him in something I made loLol I'd rather shell out the extra $ for s legit linen wrap...once I have an extra $50--70 :/ he likes the moby he just gets so dsrn sweaty in it!

I have an ergo!!!! LOVE it!! Highly recommend! I have the performance one with the infant insert. Maddy still sweats in it but she adores it - goes right to sleep every time we put her in so far lol.

I have the Ergo with the infant insert too. Seems like you don't really need the infant insert though, any soft blanket rolled up at the butt will do. It's just to keep the Ergo from rubbing them. It did show how to wear them sidesaddle though, and I was able to BF with it on (at the checkout lane...while I was paying for groceries!). So yeah, love the Ergo! I also have a LoveyDuds which is basically a Moby, and a Moby wrap. All good options, the LoveyDuds is lighter but he still sweats in it.
For you ladies whose babies have reflux: have you tried putting them to sleep sitting up? My DS loves sleeping in his car seat. He also likes the MamaRoo in a seated position. If laying down makes the reflux painful, maybe you could try putting them to sleep in a position that won't let it come up as much? Just a thought, might not work.
Colton is 1 month old today. Yay! I meant to put him in a onesie and take a picture, but that never happened. He's just dozed off after a feeding so I'm thinking of making the onesie now...it's still technically his day right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->