Late April Early May 2013 babies. :)

Do you have Nestlé NAN over there? It is considered a thicker formula that is good for reflux and cholicy babies. I use it for Ziva and never have issues.

MrsB Hannah has a mix of 50% formula and 50% breast milk each feed. We are still working through the freezer stash plus I have to admit I'm expressing twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. I'm getting 4-5 oz per session so it's helping keep the stash going! I realised that if I expressed when I wanted, if my milk dries up so be it. However we are nearly two weeks in and it's still ok. It's helped me deal with not breast feeding her better. Sounds like your little one is thriving beautifully.

Hannah and I had our six week check today. I can't believe she's been in my life six weeks, where has the time gone?! Certainly not slept it away!

Cupcake was it you seeing the osteopath? We have our second session today. Has it helped Bee?

We have our first osteo appointment on Saturday.

How is Hannah finding it? X

is anyone else's baby yelling and talking? jackson has just started to loudly "coo" and has just been yelling and smiling and shouting all the time! i think he realizes that it's HIS voice. it's so cute! i'll lay him down on the bed, and he'll just flap his arms, kick his legs and shout and smile and talk. he feels so grown up!!

Anyone doing Huggies rewards? I have two codes... PM if you want them!

Jtink we are getting coo's too and smiles - when he's not feeding or crying lol!

Had a horrible evening, husband is out all night so what happens.....he cries constantly for 3 hours. Nothing I did settled him and I tried everything! Eventually I think he just grew tired and fed himself to sleep. In the evenings and at night he keeps crying after about 5 mouthfuls of feed. Not sure if its a) reflux pain b) fast let down and he just wants to comfort suck and no milk c) a low supply in the evenings.
Anyone else getting this? I might have to call a brest feeding support number. It's horrible seeing him like that though. Still got a whole night ahead of me. Guess I better go to bed!!
Hope you are all having better luck :)

Jtink - Bee has started 'talking' to us lots. And she does the occasional shout its so cute!!

Her reflux is still upsetting her. :( The last 2 days though I've persevered and managed to get her taking a dummy as its really meant to help them.

We had zero luck with Avent Soothies so I got some Mam ones that were on offer and she took to those much better. Saliva is meant to calm the acid and it really does seem to be able to stop her screaming fits as she gets so hot and worked up.

I always try the boob first as I worry she's sucking on it when really she wants food. But when she won't take the boob it works lovely. She's always sucking at her hands or her clothes if they get near her face so I'm not surprised she's a dummy fan.

Anyone else feel there's a stigma attached to having a baby with a dummy though?

cupcake, my LO likes the mam pacifiers best. i think it's because the nipple is shorter? he gags on all the other ones. i don't care about a stigma attached to the pacifier - if it keeps him quiet and happy, that's all that matters. he's a champion nurser, so it hasn't affected that. i'm not worried. i feel like there's always someone who will judge everything i do, so i just ignore most people's "advice." :)

Samson - May 5, 2013 - 6 lbs 6 oz

CINCO DE MAYO BABY <3 he's 6 weeks and 4 days now, and already 10 lbs 13 oz!

https://25.media.tumblr.com/95f8cb0235985d769cb38fbcce09b689/tumblr_mnxszd2dQr1rj53efo1_1280.jpg

Got my mommy newsletter thing today snd supposedly week 6 is when they cry the most I'd say my lo is right on schedule! Maybe hann that's what's going on? Crying just to cry!

I could csre less about the stigma attached to the pacifier. He likes it. He only uses it to comfort and fall asleep then spits it out so a total of maybe 30min at a time he's sucking on it . He has an advent soothie the one from the hospital. We haven't lost it yet :p

Congrats waffles!! Where in the us are you?

Yup I'm definitely over the stigma when it helps her this much. I just know that there will be people who have something to say.

I am one happy mummy right now.

Just had over 4 and a half hours sleep and have woken up to big gummy smiles and giggles. What a lucky lady I am. :)

Little man is still fussy this morning..maybe starting the 6 week growth spurt? Who knows. But he is not a happy guy :(

I've still got a fussy baby too - more so as the day goes on. Just about to head into the horror that is bedtime, I dread it!

Fussy babies all round then! I took Hannah to the Dr today as she was refusing feeds and absolutely screeching in pain. We have Gaviscon now and last two feed were sooo easy! She's in her basket looking at her toy arch completely calm. Who's baby is this...?!

Cupcake we've had two sessions at the osteopath and she's helped with her being so scrunched up and stiff in the neck. She seems calmer apart from the reflux so I hope it's doing something.

Still no smiles today which I hoped for as its my birthday. Hannah has other ideas!

Ahh LadyH so pleased to hear the doctor gave you something for her reflux and Happy Birthday! :) I hope you are being spoilt and enjoying your day even with a little bubba in the mix.

Hann and MrsV- i hope your little ones have settled for you, it's so hard when they are constant. We seem to have one good evening and then one bad. Although funnily enough the evenings where she fusses and feeds constantly are the ones where I get the longest stretch of sleep out of her. So it takes me hours to settle her but then she might go for 4-7hrs if I'm lucky. When she's settled of an evening I find she will then feed 2-3 hours all night probrably because she hasn't stocked up so well maybe. I'm finding with this muggy heat we have down south at the moment that she wakes more for little feeds probably because she is thirsty too.

I use a dummy now and again- normally of an evening when she is really fussy and rooting for boobs non stop- just to give me chance to go to the loo or read the boys a bedtime story. She doesn't go to sleep with it in which is what I really want to avoid and she doesn't have it for long periods of time. she rejects it unless she's being a fusspot but I don't think a dummy is a bad thing as baby's like to suck & denying them that pleasure is crazy. My doctor friend actually recommended using one when baby is being particularly difficult to wind as it relaxes them enough to allow them to burp when they are being fractious and tense. What I can't stand though is seeing toddlers with dummies constantly and them trying to talk with it in their mouth constantly etc. With overuse they can become a rod for your own back but most of my friends have found lovely ways to wean their babies from their dummy love when they get too old for them. You gotta do what works for your baby xx

i need advice badly, ladies. my baby is going to daycare when he is 12 weeks old (sniff, sniff), and he's 7 weeks old now.
as of right now, he REFUSES to sleep flat on his back in his crib or bassinet. he will ONLY sleep in his swing/bouncer/in our arms. i'm so frustrated, and i don't want the daycare lady to be the one who trains him. i refuse to let him cry it out - he's way too little - but i NEED to get him to sleep in his bassinet or crib by the end of July.
he hates being swaddled. any tips??? i am DESPERATE.

Jtink I can understand that is a problem. I can't think of anything except maybe elevating his bed head end and tucking a blanket tight around him (Hannah won't be swaddled either but it does sometimes calm her if I tuck her blanket into the sides of the Moses basket so she feels it on her). You could then gradually reduce the tilt if you get him to sleep in it over a few days? Maybe sleep with a blanket for a bit so it smells of you and use that in the bed too. Hannah has a toy that I slept with down my top for two nights that sits at the head of her bed as I was told the smell of you reassures. Also I caved in and she uses a pacifier to calm her to sleep. The FSID actually recommend it as a measure to reduce SIDS. You may already do that. I agree with the other ladies that its fine and there's no stigma. It's easier to wean a baby off a pacifier than its thumb, as you can't take that away!

Hope you find a solution xx

Jtink you could try something like the 'sshh pat' method to get him to sleep on his own : https://www.mybabysleepguide.com/2009/01/shhpat.html

I did this sometimes with my first who sounds very similar to your baby in temperent and didn't like to be swaddled either. I think it's useful for babies who like to be held and rocked as they find it reassuring but gets them used to drifting off in their own bed. It's pretty much what they did at my sons nursery to get all the babies off to sleep.

Wow it's so quiet in here lately, you ladies must actually have a life lol :) hope you are all doing ok with your little ones and having happier days.

I got my chunky pickle weighed today and she is 11 lb 13 oz already! I can't believe it. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->