Late April Early May 2013 babies. :)

I'd love to see a pic of the baby tooth! DS has been rubbing his gums a lot the past few days/chewing on items/gumming his hand, I wonder if he will teeth soon. This evening he's been whining, not really full force crying, just seems bothered. I can't figure it out - and it's not his colicky behaviour either. No drooling though.

I think the average is around 3 months they start the teething process.

3 - 12 months is normal. Maddy is very early. I'll try to get a pic of it if I can get her to keep her mouth open for me lol. Still haven't figured out how to post pics on here tho - do I have to post them to a website first, like photobucket? Because when I click the icon it asks me for a web address or something...

Ps - she bit me (breastfeeding) for the first time today :( without thinking I loudly said NO! And she unlatched and cried ( she was done anyway). Not really sure if I handled that correctly but she's fed once since then with no issues...

Yes photo bucket is the easiest way. :)

Also from what I've read that's the perfect way to deal with biting :)

Ziva has her first official cold :( she is so snotty and congested and even had a fever this morning. Just got home from the chemist with a humidifier and some Euky Bearub (like Vicks vapor rub) for her chest. I was told to put some on a cloth and drape it across my shoulder when I'm feeding to help clear her sinuses.

Thankfully for now she still seems fairly happy she just sounds terrible. Perfect timing since we are meant to be going away on Sunday to finally go and see family with Ziva for the first time!

Awww Foxy hope she gets well soon. I'm dreading our first cold but it's "summer " here in the UK (for what it's worth) so hope shell be a few month older before we get one.

Poor Ziva really isn't well. Over the weekend she started running a temp and refusing or taking very little milk. Then when she did drink she has coughing fits and brings it all back up. I put a cushion under her cradle mattress so she can sleep with out coughing too much.
I took her to the doctor today who said she has a nasty chest infection and is not on strong meds for the next 3 days.

At the moment it doesn't look like it will turn in to bronchiolitis but we have to keep watch on it.

Oh Foxy I hope she gets better soon. That's heartbreaking. Sending big hugs to you both https://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/cats/cat-hug-and-love-smiley-emoticon.gif

So sorry to hear that foxy it's so hard watching them suffer. I hope she rally's round soon. Big hugs xxx

My last two little ones cut their first tooth at 12 weeks- early enough so that's impressively early to have one now! I really hope this one takes a little longer. Most of my friends babies have cut them between 6-9 months x

Anyone have a routine (sleep wise) yet? I am trying to get him to take a nap after his morning feed, that's about 50/50. I'm also trying to establish bed time around 8 p.m. - that's been a train wreck and fails every night... he stays up until midnight mostly. He doesn't sleep well in the night and only gets an hour or so during the day. He is SO tired, I feel so bad for him but nothing is working.

Aww poor ziva hope she is better soon!!
Ttc we have a pretty good routine
Bath around 6-7pm after he eats then pjs and lotion
Then we let him hang out with ua downstairs until he eats again at 8-9pm then to bed after that bottle whether he is awake or not..usually he's awake but sleepy so he will fall asleep without a peep. If he cries we let him cry for 5-10min then go and check him/replace his binky/rub his belly but without talking or turning the light on. and we leave him in his bed. Only time it doesn't work is if he has baad gas then we will take him out and give him gas drops and burp him and as soon as he's calm back in the crib he goes.

He sleeps until about 3/4 sometimes will wake at 1/2 and again at 3/4 but that's becoming more and more rare :) then up again at 5/6am ans usually back down until 8 or so. Sometimes not. Once he is up for the day either at 6 or 8 we go downstairs and hell hang out in hus swing or on my lap or on his playmat it varies I do whatever he seems to want to do that day. We were going on a mornong walk but its been too hot even at 8am! Then after his bottle between 230-4 he takes a nap up in his nursery whether he is awake or not when I put him down. Again he usually falls asleep even if he's awake when I put him in. Then downstairs again once he wakes and we do whatever until its time for his bath.

We have a bit of a routine.

She tends to start cluster feeding at about 6 so I get in bed with her between 8 and 9.

Normally by 9 she's done feeding so we wind her, put on the white noise and turn off the light and put her down.

She does 6-8 hours normally and then another 2-3 after a feed In the early hours.

But day times are different every day. Yesterday she slept almost all day, then we'll have other days where she'll hardly sleep at all.

We have somewhat of a routine:

8am - first feed of the day
9am - weekday morning school drop off. Once home down for a nap
12 noon- feed, play, nap
3pm - weekday school pick up
4pm - feed, play, nap
8pm - bath, feed, play, nap
11pm - swaddle, feed, cuddle/ rock then put in cradle for the night.

Ziva only sleeps in her cradle at night same goes for swaddling. My feeding routine is - feed, burp, change bum, finish feed, burp then either play or nap depending on her mood.

Unfortunately Ziva is still not well. After seeing a local GP who prescribed steroids Ziva only got worse so while visiting family I took her to my old GP. He told me that the steroids she was prescribed where I fact feeding the bug attacking her and there fore making her worse. She is now on strong antibiotics for at least a week but I have been told if we don't see improvement in 48hrs we have to take her to the hospital as she is at risk of this turning in to pneumonia :cry: so fingers crossed these drugs work. I hate seeing my baby girl all sick and miserable!

Foxy I'm sending you and Ziva all my positive vibes for her recovery xxx

Thank you lovelies xx on top of all that I now feel like death warmed up myself :-(

Poor you Foxy. :( I hope you and Ziva are better soon. Xxx

Poor you Foxy I hope you both feel better really soon how is she doing today?? xxxx

Routine comes and gos here. Roughly trying and semi-succeeding with bed around 7pm, feed at 10/11, feed between 3-4am, then normally up around 8-9ish depending on how much she actually slept in the night. During the day I just feed her every 2-3hrs when she asks for it and I encourage her to take regular naps every 1.5hrs roughly so she doesn't get overtired and cranky. She's got the snuffles again though and a mild fever with it so its all gone out the window today.

Super hot here (for England anyway lol) so she is restless with heat but also more tired if that makes sense so wants to sleep and eat like a newborn. She's fast outgrowing her Moses basket so i will have to start thinking about getting her in a cot in her own room sooner than I planned, either that or it will have to be a travel cot in my room as no room.

Hope life is going ok for all you ladies? My house is falling apart around me and I can't keep on top of the housework, washing etc but I know its just a season. I have started slimming world in a bid to lose this extra 2.5 stone I have hanging around.

Anyone hear from any of the old regular ladies like julesjules? Sad that we don't know how they are getting on after chatting for so long on the old thread :(hope they are all ok.

Sorry your little lady is under the weather kezzie. :(

My house is like a bomb has hit it. I've just learnt the joy of the ring sling though. We take up to 4 walks a day in it but I think today I'll swap one of the walks for some hoovering and tidying.

I've just ordered some camomile granules on advice of our paediatrician. Delivered tomorrow and meant to be amazing for unsettled babies.

Will report back. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"