• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Late July buds

well done Ella :thumbup: 3 times what she should take is fabulous! I remembmer thinking how little it was Mogster had to take and the struggle to get him to take it but once he got the hang of the sucking - apparently thats week 36 in your tum - he was a right guzzler and started to increase the amount he could take and thus the gap between feeds, after that he went from strength to strength, sounds like Ella is doing the same so well done you for making her a guzzler! You must be so excited about bringing her home soon.

How is OH coping? Difficult when you have a premmie as theyre only allowed so much time off unless they have an understanding employer. WE were lucky that Mogster only had to stay 5 days and we were 4 days prior to the birth with leaking waters etc. They let him have that time as compassionate leave and then he was allowed the paternity leave after Mogster got home. Hope OHhas been allowed some compassionate time to be with you and Ella, makes it more real for all of you if you go through it as a family.

Keep us posted am excited to hear how fast she is gaining and all about her imminent house move :yipee:

I'm good girls. Its coming up to my due date so just gotta get through that. But me and oh are moving in together this month so i've got things occupying me. I hope you all have fantastic births xxxxx

Morning ladies :)

lottie i know it must be very difficult for you to venture back in here and we all miss you terribly but as lauren sais things will work themselves out for you and im glad you and your man are still going strong hugs xxx

WOW you could be having a baby 3 times the size of mine lmao good luck hun haha but glad to hear all went well with midwife, you'll just have toi keep your feet up and relax missus.

Lauren my bump dropped the day before ella was born lol but my friends has been dropping for last few weeks :)

Oh moggy you were right about my next update, she's a guzzle guts now. Is fully breast fed whilst im there in day and taking cup feeds at night, in fact monday night she apparently took 3 times what she's supposed to have for her size lol but she did sleep for 10hrs after and wouldnt wake up for more than an eye roll so did need a tube feed ion the morning yesterday but breast fed rest of day. Docs think she'll be home before the week is out :) lots of love and cuddles to you both xxxx

Checked my notes wen you mentioned a triple sized Ella baby - Im currently more preggers than I have ever been AND Moglet is weighing in heavier than Mogster did when he was born! Im guessingif I go to term he will be a good 8lb-9lb but hoping still for all the predictions of 14-16 July being correct....

Mogster is 3 on Monday so hoping to avoid the weekend and Monday so he gets the full focus of everyone - guess his 4th birthday will be a combined family do with Moglets 1st and then a little party for him with his buddies :cloud9:

I'm good girls. Its coming up to my due date so just gotta get through that. But me and oh are moving in together this month so i've got things occupying me. I hope you all have fantastic births xxxxx

Good luck with the move. Maybe release a celebratory balloon from each home for your angel to help her celebrate? :hugs:

I think me and OH are going to release a Lantern. And i want to write a letter. To get all my feelings out iykwim.

Anyway enough about me. This is your time now.

Nineena Ella is gorgeous and i hope you have her safe at home any day xxxx

Aww so glad you and OH are moving in together and thats a lovely idea about releasing a lantern and letter. I have absolutely no idea how you must be feel as it's nearing your due date but you're such a strong and amazing woman xxx

Moggy must be very strange having gone further on in pregnancy than last time, little moglet obviously likes it in there hehe. Hope he manages to stay there so your mogster can have his birthday uninterrupted. What have you got planned for it? Must be difficult almost being full term and having a toddler running around too!!

Well Ella's feeding tube got taken out today and ive just come home to have my tea then im staying in the mum and baby room overnight but Ella staying in nursery and staff going to wake me when she wakes during the night so she can have a fully breast fed day. Oh and she deffo is a guzzler, i got there at 8.40 this morning and she was screaming for a feed, staff were going to wait another 5mins for me then give her cup feed lol. She latched on for 40mins then settled til 11.10 and fed for another 25mins then kind of settled til 1.30pm and fed for 20mins then again at 2.30pm for about 15mins and finally fell asleep at 2.45 and my boobs felt like they'd been emptied and normally when she feeds ive still needed to express after coz they still felt full but then coz ive come home for my tea and it'd been 5hrs since she last latched on i've just had to express and omg got 180mls i normally only get between 80 and 100 so she's got to be having loads!!!! Well it's weigh day for her tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see if she's gained any weight and depending how tonight goes i might be staying again tomorrow but with Ella in same room and without any monitors....VERY scary prospect, think i'll be sat up all night watching her to make sure she's breathing and not going blue lol coz she's only on oxygen monitor now coz of the reflux but she tends to be ok when i'm feeding her and refluxy with cup feeds so we'll see what happens

Hope you ladies arent too hot and bothered xxx

Well done Ella!

Mogster having small family party on Sunday unless Moglet makes his entrance early...horrid BH's this evening but nothing more so wait n see I guess...

Cant wait to hear all about your night with Ella :hugs: Can recommend the avent resuable/washable breast pads for night times much more comfy to sleep with :thumbup: ooh and wear them with a feeding vest and its comfier still!

Hi Lotty, I'm so sorry about this tough time :( I think the lantern and letter is a beautiful idea. How great that you and your OH are moving in together!! :) Are you moving to his place or are you sharing a new place?

It so great to hear Ella is doing so well! What a little trooper.

So Chris gets home in 19 days!!! I'm too excited, what am I going to do with myself? the internet has been sh*tty over there lately, so we've been talking on the phone more instead, but he's a terrible phone talker! I do all the talking :p So needless to say it will be great to have him here in person.

I go to the doctor today and he'll tell me if there is any cervix action. I hope there isn't yet...need to hold her in for at least 19 more days!

And happy birthday to the Mogster!!

We've got our own place :cloud9:

Hope the doctors appointment goes well xx

So I'm 1.5 cm dilated and 25% effaced. He said he could poke her in the head! i'm not sure where all this stacks up...but he was pretty pleased with how far engaged she is, and said that he wouldn't be surprised if I don't make it to 40 weeks! So if she can hold tight for 19 more days, then I will be over the moon!

He estimated her to be at 7 or 7.5 pounds at birth, pretty decent. As I was leaving the appt, I got a call from Chris and told him all the news...he was happy to hear it, and said, "wow, she has a head!" haha.

hi girls! Moggy any news yet? nineena how are things going?
I'm still hanging in. Contractions are getting stronger (BH I mean). I don't see the OB again until the 27th....the day Chris gets home...6 more days!! So hopefully he'll say, "well, lauren, your cervix is favorable for an induction...tomorrow!" and I'll say, "sign me up!"

Are you gonna choose to be induced? We have decided not unless go way over as darent risk failed induction going to C-Section - be so hard to be away from mogster so long.

Hope she waits til Daddy is home, he cant miss it just wouldnt be fair after all he does.

See my MW again tomorrow as BP a little high, then see her again monday and another scan on 30/7 - its a big baby this time so theyre keeping an eye!

Glad youre well, hoping to hear good news bout Ella today too :hugs:

Yes if I don't go on my own by the time chris gets home, we're going to schedule an induction...but depending on how ready my cervix is. If it's far enough along I'll take the chance...if not, we'll just have to wait it out I guess. I'd like to maximize Chris's time with the baby! He has to return to Afghanistan on Aug 15 :(

How big do they think the baby is now Moggy?

Evening ladies how are you both doing? Any signs of babies being born yet?

Ella's ok, she wont be coming home anytime soon though as we've found out she needs more surgery on her oesophagus and at the minute is just being tube fed until she gets big enough for them to do the op. Is going back to surgical hospital in 2 weeks for them to stretch her oesophagus and to do a special x ray to see whether her oesophagus and trachea have connected again if it's just the stretch that's needed she'll be home about a week after that but if it's the latter we're talking open surgery and several weeks recovery again but you wouldnt have a clue there was anything wrong with her except her having a tube sticking out of her nose lol. She's 4lbs 1oz now and needs to be about 6lbs i think before they'll operate so theyve started putting extra calories into the milk i express to speed things up a bit.

Cant wait to hear about the biths of your lil babies and really hope you're not struggling too much xxx

No bubba here yet hon, scan Friday...

Glad to hear Ella is doing well, FX'd it is just the stretch she needs, although if she needs the op now is the age I guess cos she knows about it less, just hard for you cos you want to take her home. Huge :hugs: to you both form us! How goes the BF does she get to feed from you at all or are you still pumping so you can continue later?

oh nineena, I'm so sorry....that must be terrible. It sounds like you're staying very strong for her and you know things will turn out ok...the poor little girl. My thoughts are with you. xx

Moggy good luck at your scan tomorrow!

I got a sweep on Tuesday, but nothing yet. I was 3cm dilated and 50% effaced, and he really thinks I'll be going this week...but we will see!

Is you OH back? Scan at lunchtime, hoping he isnt as big as they think....just long would suit my bits for the birth!

yup Chris has been back for a week now! I love it. Sadly we had to put my sweet dog Peter down today...his kidneys were giving out and he was starting to suffer. I'm going to miss him. I need my baby now to cheer me up!

Moggy how was your scan?

I had another sweep yesterday but no baby yet...I go in to see the OB again tomorrow morning.

Nineena, how are things going? Thinking of you.... xx

scan went well, he was 8lb4oz last Friday so just awaiting his arrival now, he was back to back but have managed to persuade him to shuffle around so make the birth a little less painful.

Hope sweep works for you, how long is OH back for? So sorry about your dog, maybe you could get little lady a cuddly dog and name him for your dog?

Nineena hope all still progressing for you and Ella, catch up soon

:hugs: to you both

How are you 2 lovely ladies doing??? Im really hoping youre going to say your beautiful bubs are here :)

Well we had a bit of a palaver this last week, Ella pulled feeding tube out last Sunday and basically oesophagus closed after it so she needed the stretch done earlier than planned so they could pass another tube to feed her. She's having contrast x ray next week to see if she does need big op or whether we can re-start bottle feeds. Moggy i'm still expressing every 3hrs for her during the day and then once overnight and when she is eating milk she's having it by bottle coz as part of her condition she just cant latch on to the breast properly and to be honest i really dont care how she gets my milk as long as she gets it. Not doing too well with the weight gain though.....7wks old and still only 4lbs 8oz grrr she's even having fortify stuff in her milk now to give her extra calories although it only adds an extra 4 calories...hardly seems worth it lol.

Huggles and hope next msg your post is with pics of your bubs hehe xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->