Leash and Liam's Big Day

:haha: I'm on about your big brown eyes - ok now that does sound weird :rofl:

Seems like things are coming together :)
Like the cake :)

More wedding news from the absent bride lol.....

Had a phone call this morning from the registrar to tell us they had a cancellation on the day of our wedding for 12.30pm and did we want it?? I was like 'Hell yes'!!!! We were originally getting married at 1pm when we booked our venue but I left it too late to book a registrar (I booked 13 months before our wedding so hardly a last minute job). So all they had left was 11am and 3pm and I decided that getting married at 3pm was just too late for us. I want our day to last as long as possible as everyone says it goes by so quick. With that in mind, we booked for 11am. I wasn't 100% happy with it and have been trying to think of ways to keep our guests entertained in the gap between our wedding breakfast and evening reception and now I don't have to :happydance: OH rang the venue and they said its fine to swap so we have done it! The only thing that sucks is we have already had all the invites printed with 11am on but OH is speaking to the printers tomorrow to see if we can just order some new inner pages and replace them! EEEEEEEK I am so happy!!!!! Now I have more time to get ready and the guests wont have to get up at the crack of dawn!

The other news is my mum is getting married to my stepdad. Finally, after being together for 18 years and engaged for about 10 years they are tying the knot. I suspect all my wedding talk has given them a little nudge :thumbup: So they are getting married in Sept 2012 and my sister and I are going to be Bridesmaids :happydance: Its not going to be a big wedding, just a registry office and evening reception but tis a wedding nonetheless and I cannot wait!!

x

Fab news hun :happydance: I nearly papped myself when our registrar mistakingly said our time had already been booked. 12.30 is a much better time :) xxx

I was crying the day I rang and they told me our time was booked. The first woman I spoke to was really abrupt and rude too which didnt help, she told me I shouldnt have booked my venue without having a registrar first. The problem is, our venue is booked up 2 years in advance and you cant book a registrar until 15 months in advance so what can you do??

Its all in the past now anyway, we are almost back to our original plan, just need to sort invites out.

x

:happydance: that's briliant hun. Hope something can be sorted out with the printers xxx

That is exactly what happened to us but our registrar was just looking at this years calander and not next years. Phew!!! I was nearly in tears too and i think if i hadn't have been at work when i tried i would have burst into tears. You plan your whole day with such detail that when one thing goes out of place its like a crisis lol xxx

Ok so inspired my Emmy, I thought it was about time I got my ass into gear and got my bride on! My poor journal has been neglected for too long and as my wedding is pretty much tomorrow (well almost) I need to get myself organised...again!

Here is where I am so far - I do love a good list....

Venue - Booked & Paid
Dress - Ordered & Paid
BM Dresses - Bought & Paid
Rings - Bought & Paid
Venue Dressing - Booked & Paid
Stationary - Printed & Paid (Invites going out next month)
Photographer - Booked & Deposit Paid
Entertatinment - Booked & Deposit Paid
Make Up - Booked & Deposit Paid
Hair - Booked
Registrar - Booked
Notice Of Marrigage - Done
Cake - My friend is kindly doing it for us

Things to do

Suits - Think we are hiring from Moss Bros
Flowers - We are still having Cala Lilies but can't decide between real or silk
Shoes/Accessories - Don't ask!!
Favours - Still unsure
Table Plan - Can't start this til we get RSVPs
Gifts for Wedding Party

I think that is it but knowing me it probably isn't! I still can't decide if I want a veil or not as I really want a vintage headband and am worried that having both will be too much. Luckily, my MOH has offered me her veil if I choose to have one and it its beautiful. I tried it on with my dress and it looks so pretty and bridey so I am thinking that I may leave the decision until much nearer the time. I definitely want the headband so I am going to order it next month and then put them both on together and see how it looks. At least if I decide to have the veil it won't cost me anything so I don't need to rush into a decision.

I am waiting for my dress to come into the store in April before I go shoe shopping as I am still not sure what size heel to get. The sample dress in the shop is a size smaller than mine so I am cautious that the dress could be a little longer when it fits properly so I don't want to buy shoes that aren't high enough. I figure 2 months is plenty of time to look for shoes, right? It better be lol!

x

Sounds like your plans are coming together :)

Why can't we ask about shoes and Accessories? lol xxx

Lol, I am just being dramatic Lisa. I am stressed about shoes because I can't decide on style, colour or height and I switch between thinking they are really important to thinking they are pointless because noone really sees them! I also have the whole veil/no veil scenario and the headband I want is a tad expensive and OH is not really happy with how much it is so I am trying to find a cheaper alternative but I can't!!

In the scheme of things, its all minor details but it is stressing me out!

I'm having the same dilema about shoes. I have seen a gorgeous pair for £185 but can i really justify paying that when noone will see them :shrug: But then i think i want nice shoes for then the photographer does the shoe pic lol

Just remember after the big day you don't want to have regrets. Thats what i keep telling myself anyway lol

Or you could just buy it wear in on the day and send it back lol xxx

I'm having the same dilema about shoes. I have seen a gorgeous pair for £185 but can i really justify paying that when noone will see them :shrug: But then i think i want nice shoes for then the photographer does the shoe pic lol

Just remember after the big day you don't want to have regrets. Thats what i keep telling myself anyway lol

Or you could just buy it wear in on the day and send it back lol xxx

Lol, I would do this but they are made to order so the returns policy is really strict :wacko:

x

:hugs: sorry to hear you're still in a dilemma over the shoes :(

my photographer won't get any shots of mine as I can't walk in heels, so I'm planning on a pair of white gladiator sandals lol

Thanks Emmy. I have no trouble finding shoes that I like, my problem is deciding which are most appropriate and how much to spend. I really need to wait until my dress comes in first too so I know I have the right height!

I have just been looking at our photographer's website again (I like to keep reminding myself that we have chosen the right guy lol) and he has bumped his prices up by £200 per package!!! He did tell us they would be going up for 2012 but we get the price he originally quoted which is lucky! I just didn't expect them to go up by so much, now I feel like I have got a bargain lol!

x

Thanks Emmy. I have no trouble finding shoes that I like, my problem is deciding which are most appropriate and how much to spend. I really need to wait until my dress comes in first too so I know I have the right height!

I have just been looking at our photographer's website again (I like to keep reminding myself that we have chosen the right guy lol) and he has bumped his prices up by £200 per package!!! He did tell us they would be going up for 2012 but we get the price he originally quoted which is lucky! I just didn't expect them to go up by so much, now I feel like I have got a bargain lol!

x

ooohhh that's fantastic :D a definite bargain hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"