Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

i know scans are +/- 5 days at this stage but when do they become more accurate?? just my last scan dated me at 4 days behind?

Congrats Torres xxx

Bump I think they go by 12 week scan for dating x you can out by 5 days depending on when implantion happened x

i think ill leave my ticker till my 12 week scan then by last weeks scan ill be 9 weeks today so we will see if tuesdays scan dates me at 9+2 x

Thanks everyone for welcoming me and welcome to all the new ladies. I think it is such a good idea for y'all to share to your birth stories and baby pictures. Some of y'all are really close to 40 weeks!

Also if some of you don't mind sharing. When did you start to feel ms? Right now I just have sore breast and tired haha

Bump blues - with both my pregnancies I have dated a week behind... guess I just ovulate late :shrug: Never has really concerned me at all

srrhc - WELCOME :happydance: I also was one of the lucky ones that never had morning sickness... maybe you will get lucky too :winkwink:

Lots of other new BFP's CONGRATS everyone!!!

Any exciting appointments this week? I will go visit the first page and catch up on everyone's tickers and appointment schedules. These weeks are moving right along :happydance:

Srrhc, my MS started around 5 weeks. I started feeling hungry and tired before that but no nausea or aversions.

Bump, the dating scans actually get less accurate, not more. I think here at least they tend to use the dating from the earliest scan even if it's before 12 weeks. But if it's within a few days of their earliest estimate (based on LMP or ovulation) they may not change it at all.

kk ty im not concerned really just a lil put out im 4 days behind lol and the weekly scans im having are reassurance scans that are unofficial i dont get paperwork and they arent documented in my maternity file they just let me go as i have a history of 6 losses and it reassures me x

Just got an email from my doc. I will have my first ultrasound in 2 weeks! I can't wait. I know I wont see much cause it will only be a little over 6 weeks but it will be nice to see something in there growing hehe! So happy I have a better doctor this time around. When are normal US done during pregnancy?

kk ty im not concerned really just a lil put out im 4 days behind lol and the weekly scans im having are reassurance scans that are unofficial i dont get paperwork and they arent documented in my maternity file they just let me go as i have a history of 6 losses and it reassures me x

That is nice that you get extra us. You must have a great doc too.

That's great news x a reassurance scan is the best thing ever x normally first one is between 11-14 weeks x

my doc didnt really have anything to do with it ive visited the epac that much i know the nurses so i just rang them directly xx

So after the one I will have in two weeks I prolly wont have another for 6 weeks. Wow! That is a long wait!!! Haha!

My experience here in the states is that you normally get one in the beginning (8 weeks-ish) then another one called the "anatomy scan" at 18 - 20 weeks. Then, if you choose testing you will get ultrasound at 12 weeks. But lots of people's different situations result in different u/s time-frames! I had cervical issues with DD so I got them earlier and more frequently.

Make sure to tell Leinz your appointment date so she can add it to the list :)

My MS started at 5 weeks and 5 days, and it has been getting slightly worse everyday. Lucky to you ladies who never experienced it! I had it a bit with my DD, but not as bad as this! I can't even look at food without feeling like I need to run to the loo!
For those who are further along and had ms, when did it go away? I can't imagine another 6 weeks of this!
I'm not sure how scanning is in the States, but in Canada, you go for one anywhere from 6-10 weeks for dating, and then again around the 12 week mark, where they look for markers for downs and other abnormalities. Then you go again around the 20th week where you can find out the sex. After that, I don't remember there being any scheduled U/S. I did go for one around 37 weeks, but I had complications and they wanted to make sure baby was okay (thankfully she was!).
I went for one at 6 weeks, and was able to hear the heartbeat. You won't see anything resembling a baby though, just a little adorable blob :)
I look forward to getting to know you ladies over the course of our pregnancies!

Torres, I started having a few better days in terms of nausea/aversions around 12-13 weeks, and 14 is when my energy suddenly came back too. It was a really big change.

The normal schedule for scans here (US) is 8, 12-13, and 19-20 weeks. 8 is for dating and I think to establish viability, and 12 and 20 are to screen for problems. 20 is when they can tell you the sex if you want to know. That's it for low risk mamas but I think most women I know have ended up having at least one more later on for various reasons. Personally I have growth scans at 30, 34, and probably 38 because of my blood pressure.

Thanks for all the information ladies. My doc likes to check early at 6 weeks so I am sure I will see a beautiful little blob haha! Wow not being able to look at food without getting sick sounds rough! Hope that gets better for you! I have another another question sorry I am full of them! For those of you that waited to announce to coworkers how did you keep it a secret? Especially if you were sick and running to the bathroom? I am a teacher and I really don't want anyone to know right now. Hopefully I won't be too sick or anything but I am already using the bathroom more so I know that might be a clue for some of them. Any good ideas for an excuse I could use! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->