Less than 30wks and want to talk about anything other than labour. Anyone??

I would also have to BUY a bag to get one packed. :) I'm way behind on getting ready. LOL

What kind of bag is everyone taking? Like a big weekend bag or a small travel case? :wacko:

The third tri forum is a weird place to be. So many familiar faces there mere weeks away from giving birth. Eek!! I'm still in denial about being pregnant... a baby isn't going to happen in such a short time is it? :haha:

Regarding bags, the hospital is only 10 minutes away, so I don't think I'm taking anything but a change of clothes! If we forget anything husband can just drive back. ;)

Cruise does your hospital provide everything then?

Since this is baby #5, I will be doing much like I did with my last and leave as soon as I can so I can sleep in my own bed. So I won't be taking much with me. So a small bag of a change of clothes for me, but I will make sure I have more than enough for baby Zander just in case he messes himself a bunch LOL

I'm so glad I live in the UK when it comes to winter - couldn't be doing with the snow that you guys in the US and Canada have!

As for hospital bags...me and OH packed baby's bag...then 2 days later I realised all the clothes still needed washing! So it got unpacked pretty quickly lol. Mum was nagging me the other day to get it packed so we did baby's, not started on mine yet but printed off a list of what to take so that's a start! Need to repack baby's, got most of that, just need nursing bras and maternity towels etc for me.
And size...I'm taking a little suitcase for baby, like the size you'd take as hand luggage on a plane. Not sure on the size of mine at the minute I have a couple of big holdall bags so probably just one of those :)

Question - I'm measuring a week ahead as of my appointment on Tuesday - if I carry on like that, will they probably induce me early? I've already got GD...

It only depends on how much you are measuring a head. Then they will give you another u/s to see how big baby really is. If they feel baby is too large then they will look into inducing early. Though saying that we all can measure differently at that point. Genetics can play a part in why your fundal height is more. So I wouldn't worry too much just yet!!

I'm only planning to bring a small bag; toiletries, socks, nipple cream, an outfit to wear home. . .here the hospital provides everything for you and for the babe as long as you're there.

Our hospital doesn't provide anything other than blankets for baby :dohh: they have a list of things you should take with you so I am starting to buy bits like matenity pads & breast pads etc

For labour I was going to go buy a cheap t-shirt nightie thing that I will not mind chucking away (I am a PJ girl so I don't have old nightie laying about to use :shrug:)

All this talk of bag packing is making my panic a little. I really need to get all the clothes washed and the nursery set-up before I can even think of a bag! :dohh:

All of a sudden I'm feeling "yucky" more often than not. Low to medium level nausea is nearly constant, the achy pains rarely leave, I feel headachy and light headed. . .I'm not sure if this is due to a huge diet change with the GD or just the stage I am in with this pregnancy. I don't have an appointment until December 2nd to meet with educators and start testing my blood sugars, so I'm not sure if that is way off or what.

Whitesoxfan I too feel quite ucky a lot now , and awful reflux and heartburn . Eating is no longer fun :(( I always feel uck after eating like nothing gets digested just sits there !!!
I'm stil not moaning though overall I love being pregnant and its all part of the miraculous journey I'm so so blessed to be experiencing :)

Whitesoxfan I too feel quite ucky a lot now , and awful reflux and heartburn . Eating is no longer fun :(( I always feel uck after eating like nothing gets digested just sits there !!!
I'm stil not moaning though overall I love being pregnant and its all part of the miraculous journey I'm so so blessed to be experiencing :)

I've been feeling exactly the same for the past week I honestly dread meal times now as I know it's not worth it!

I too have been really hungry then gag as I am eating. It's helping the weight gain that is for sure lol

HA, cutting all sweets and feeling so crappy should have a better effect on the scale at the very least. :)

If I was eating the same way as I do now, I would surely not have reached my pre pregnancy BMI of 30 ;), I would have have had a much much less BMI, haha

Most food stuffs still make me sick and DH's lecture about unhealthy snacks make me feel like eating nothing

If I was eating the same way as I do now, I would surely not have reached my pre pregnancy BMI of 30 ;), I would have have had a much much less BMI, haha

Most food stuffs still make me sick and DH's lecture about unhealthy snacks make me feel like eating nothing

Lol I know ive said being pregnant is the best most effortless diet I've ever been on !!!!! Its a pity you have to force yourself to eat :dohh: lol

Well you are the lucky ones cause I could eat everything bad for you right now, I am not all that hungry or wanting to cook the healthy stuff LOL

I've had similar symptoms and I just failed my first GD test. My midwife blamed the first-trimester-like symptoms on blood sugar issues. Said that eating carbs & fasting, especially before bed, will result in being sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->