Let's Help Each Other Out - TTC Immediately After Early m/c

FBG, I had to switch doctors over what happened with my m/c. I saw the new doctor on 12/27, about 2 weeks after my miscarriage. I told him we had been trying since early last spring and this was the first bfp I ever got. I told him about my DH history including a horrible hernia repair surgery that his doctor told him it could mess up his fertility big time. We are both over 30 and I had been on BCP since I was in HS and just stopped them a few months before TTC. At this point he told us he didn't see any reason for testing, which surprised me because my husband could have issues. He said because we did conceive he saw no reason why we would be pregnant again within 6 months as long as we had good timed BDing...he said we didn't need temping, opk's or anything else.

I think he was honest with me and not trying to do unreasonable tests just to make a buck...but I kind of wish he would have suggested a SA for hubby and at least one test for me. I am going to give it 3 months, I am temping and using opks and I am going to use the SMEP plan starting at CD6 or 7. If nothing happens then I am going to go back and ask for some tests.

I can't tell you what to tell your doctor or what is best for you situation. I just figured maybe my story would help you. Keep us posted on how you appointment goes! :)

FBG, I had to switch doctors over what happened with my m/c. I saw the new doctor on 12/27, about 2 weeks after my miscarriage. I told him we had been trying since early last spring and this was the first bfp I ever got. I told him about my DH history including a horrible hernia repair surgery that his doctor told him it could mess up his fertility big time. We are both over 30 and I had been on BCP since I was in HS and just stopped them a few months before TTC. At this point he told us he didn't see any reason for testing, which surprised me because my husband could have issues. He said because we did conceive he saw no reason why we would be pregnant again within 6 months as long as we had good timed BDing...he said we didn't need temping, opk's or anything else.

I think he was honest with me and not trying to do unreasonable tests just to make a buck...but I kind of wish he would have suggested a SA for hubby and at least one test for me. I am going to give it 3 months, I am temping and using opks and I am going to use the SMEP plan starting at CD6 or 7. If nothing happens then I am going to go back and ask for some tests.

I can't tell you what to tell your doctor or what is best for you situation. I just figured maybe my story would help you. Keep us posted on how you appointment goes! :)

Thank you. That was the other thing I figured she might also believe if we conceived on our own we could conceive again. Thank you again for your help and sharing your story.

Ferens06 - I know Maple, it's lovely there! I did my NCT classes there :) Plus my ex lives in Marple Bridge which is just gorgeous. I'm hoping to move out that way in the next few years x

Got my first high on the CBFM today, yay!!!! Really hope I get a peak... Lots of :sex: over the next few days, my hubby will be pleased!

How is everyone doing this week?

I am sitting here waiting for a + opk, I am on CD10. We started SMEP on CD7 and I am testing with opks twice a day.

How is everyone else doing? Post some updates! :)

How is everyone doing this week?

I am sitting here waiting for a + opk, I am on CD10. We started SMEP on CD7 and I am testing with opks twice a day.

How is everyone else doing? Post some updates! :)

Hi savvy. . . I am also waiting for +opk. monitor is still saying low. i usually dont ovulate until cd 17 only cd 12right now. i should start getting highs tomorrow. i have my appt on Wednesday with my obgyn. it is just a yearly check up so i guess we will see what she has to say.

Hi savvy. . . I am also waiting for +opk. monitor is still saying low. i usually dont ovulate until cd 17 only cd 12right now. i should start getting highs tomorrow. i have my appt on Wednesday with my obgyn. it is just a yearly check up so i guess we will see what she has to say.

FBG, it feels like I have been waiting forever and then I remember this is only CD10. Do you know if the monitor is as sensitive as the opks are? Wondering if I just don't have enough LH for them to detect my surge. I thought about buying the meter a few months ago...now I wish I would have bought it! Good luck at the obgyn tomorrow - give us an update! :)

FBG, it feels like I have been waiting forever and then I remember this is only CD10. Do you know if the monitor is as sensitive as the opks are? Wondering if I just don't have enough LH for them to detect my surge. I thought about buying the meter a few months ago...now I wish I would have bought it! Good luck at the obgyn tomorrow - give us an update! :)

I honestly dont know if its more sensitive or not. i just like it bc it gives me the highs and peak. its suppose to get to know me and my levels better so hopefully it penpoints them better. i like it but honestly i still us opk in the evening too.

I think you are smart to back it up with a opk in the evening. It never hurts to add another test to confirm O! Hopefully we will both be in the tww soon, can't wait to see some bfps here! :)

yes i hope we will be in our tww soon. . i have around 7 more days before my tww starts.

ok ladies i got my first high on the monitor today. had to bd last night since i have the appt tomorrow am. read on the internet no bding 24 hrs prior. . . grrr...guess we will just have to bd when dh gets home that night. i finally feel like i have a slim chance since i finally got my high. dint think it was going to happen for a while. i still have a few days before the peak now i will be doing opks too in the afternoon. i got some ewcm and dh noticed my cp was high i really wish my appt was later than what it is but i guess its better to just get it out of the way now.

Could you call to see if they had an cancellations or see if you can reschedule for next week? As long as you didn't peak yet, you might be okay as long as you can BD on Wednesday night.

Nothing new here...still negative tests. Getting nervous because we are suppose to go away with my parents this weekend and we won't be able to BD. Told my DH of course I will get a + opk Thursday or Friday morning...always my luck. Trying to get out of this weekend but it doesn't look like it is possible, so I am not sure what to do! Thinking about modifying my SMEP with this plan:
Tuesday PM
Wednesday PM
Friday AM
Sunday PM

Worried because I am missing Saturday and going for more than 48 hours without.

Hello ladies,

How is everyone? Good I hope. AF is gone as of Sunday night. I am waiting for BD'ing time!! Anyone else with me?

Could you call to see if they had an cancellations or see if you can reschedule for next week? As long as you didn't peak yet, you might be okay as long as you can BD on Wednesday night.

Nothing new here...still negative tests. Getting nervous because we are suppose to go away with my parents this weekend and we won't be able to BD. Told my DH of course I will get a + opk Thursday or Friday morning...always my luck. Trying to get out of this weekend but it doesn't look like it is possible, so I am not sure what to do! Thinking about modifying my SMEP with this plan:
Tuesday PM
Wednesday PM
Friday AM
Sunday PM

Worried because I am missing Saturday and going for more than 48 hours without.

Since this is my first high i am going to go forward with the appt. i ovulated last month on cd 17 and today is only cd 13 so hopefully we can bd tomorrow night and then get back on track.

i think it will be ok if u only miss Saturday. otherwise u might need to get creative and sneaky. i feel like i am a kid again when i lie to my parents about planning a family.

I'm bleeding again! I hope this is the MC and then I can start the long wait for my eggy to depart! :dance: I have a follow-up scan tomorrow which should hopefully tell me where we're at.

I'm bleeding again! I hope this is the MC and then I can start the long wait for my eggy to depart! :dance: I have a follow-up scan tomorrow which should hopefully tell me where we're at.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow. We will get our bfp those cycle!

Since this is my first high i am going to go forward with the appt. i ovulated last month on cd 17 and today is only cd 13 so hopefully we can bd tomorrow night and then get back on track.

i think it will be ok if u only miss Saturday. otherwise u might need to get creative and sneaky. i feel like i am a kid again when i lie to my parents about planning a family.

I feel like I can't start cancelling my plans in life just because we are ttc. I am going to hope for the best and BD every other day I can.

Good luck with your appointment, let us know how it goes!

Hello ladies,

How is everyone? Good I hope. AF is gone as of Sunday night. I am waiting for BD'ing time!! Anyone else with me?

Glad AF is gone for you! I have already started BDing (SMEP), now I am just desperately waiting for a + opk. Do you know when you usually O? My doc told me to concentrate on CD7-12 but no + yet and I am on CD11.

Good luck at your follow-up scan. I sure hope that this is the start of a brand new cycle for you. Keep us posted on how your appointment goes.

Savvy - I usually O cd14 or 15. I am using opk's, tempting, CM and CP! Do you ops and charting?

I was having 24 -26 day cycles before my m/c. My new doctor told me to concentrate on well timed BDing between CD7-12 and not worry about temping, opk's, etc.

This cycle is my first cycle temping and I am using opks twice daily and we are following SMEP. Got preseed too to try out. I never get ewcm and wanted to try the mucinex/robitussin but my DH reminded me that I had a terrible reaction to mucinex (stomach issues) a few years back and I don't do well with liquid cough syrup either. If I don't get my bfp this month using the preseed I might try the mucinex and hope for no side effects next cycle.

Here I am on CD12 and no + opk, glad I am not following doctors orders because I would have probably missed BDing around O. I am beginning to think the waiting for the O is harder than the tww! Hoping we see a lot of bfps for Valentine's Day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->