• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Let's Help Each Other Out - TTC Immediately After Early m/c

Savvy - I am not pregnant now I am going to try that method.

ERose - FXD for you.....have fun!!!

Girls, i spoke too soon! I can't believe it, but I got a pos OPK today! I had no idea they could go from super light, to positive overnight! I used my CB digital and got a smiley also. The bad news is.... DH is out of town until tomorrow. I know I will O tomorrow sometime, but I dont know if he'll make it back in time, as he has an 8 hour drive. I just did another one a few minutes ago, and the smiley is still there, and when I popped the stick out, the line was even darker, blazing blue! I'm happy about it, and at the same time, I'm super nervous that the egg won't still be hanging out in there by the time DH gets home. :(

Savvy can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think SMEP is "Sperm Meets Egg Plan", where you just do it every other day from the time AF stops, all the way to the end of the cycle...? But not totally sure about that.

EDIT:
Oh, I should add that my CM is back to being EW. Not super awesome EW, but definitely clear and stretchy. I feel like I should be BDing as we speak, and yet, DH isn't here. :(

Yay Erose! I knew you would ovulate. I feel a bfp coming for you! Go girl go.

Hey ladies, can I join your group? I've just experienced an early mc as well :( it was my second loss. I lost twins back in September at 12 weeks. I ovulated for the first time since then on Christmas, and was thrilled when I got a faint bfp 10 days later. My lines never darkened up though, and af arrived today at 4w4d. Did anybody's doctor recommend waiting ttc? Mine did, and I'm thinking I'll probably listen this time. I was told to 2 cycles back in September and I didn't. So I'm too scared not to listen this time!!! I would be devastated to have a third mc!!!!

Msw454, I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I m/c at 6 weeks and my new doctor didn't say anything about waiting, he mentioned I would be more fertile for the next 6 months, but he did say I would have like a 20% chance of a second m/c...unfortunately I am sure there is always a risk. Are you going to contact your doctor to let him know what happened?

Msw454, I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I m/c at 6 weeks and my new doctor didn't say anything about waiting, he mentioned I would be more fertile for the next 6 months, but he did say I would have like a 20% chance of a second m/c...unfortunately I am sure there is always a risk. Are you going to contact your doctor to let him know what happened?

Yes I actually already did. He says the chemical pregnancy is probably just bad luck and not anything I did. But still said to wait two cycles, and now this one doesn't count. So two cycles starting with the next one. I ovulate late (if I do at all), so my cycles are always really long. That's why I didn't want to wait in the first place! It's so hard to have to wait! I wanted so bad to be pregnant by April, which is when my twins were due. Guess that won't happen now :(

Yes I actually already did. He says the chemical pregnancy is probably just bad luck and not anything I did. But still said to wait two cycles, and now this one doesn't count. So two cycles starting with the next one. I ovulate late (if I do at all), so my cycles are always really long. That's why I didn't want to wait in the first place! It's so hard to have to wait! I wanted so bad to be pregnant by April, which is when my twins were due. Guess that won't happen now :(

Sometimes it is so hard to follow the doctors advice, but it really is probably best. Hopefully your two cycles can fly by fast and you can get your rainbow baby the first try. Good luck in the future!

ok funny but sad story about last nights movie choice. dh thought of this great idea to have me choose a number between 1-3 which would select the movie we watch for the night. i ended choosing the movie back-up plan. Its about this lady named Zoey (my dogs name that just passed in Sept). The lady cant find a man to settle down with and start a family so she takes matters into her own hands and does iui via donor sperm (now its a pregnancy movie after a just miscarried). as the movie goes on it tells that she's a pet shop owner and she has a Boston terrier (the breed of Zoey our Boston terrier that just passed away). within the first 10 minutes of the movie my dh felt horrible and asked me several times if we should shut it off and choose something else. I know this sounds so silly, but i found it very ironic to have so much stuff that could have made me really said bc i definitely miss my 4 legged baby very much, i would love to be pregnant and definitely wish i wouldnt have miscarried. we continued watching of course and it was a good movie. definitely makes me more encouraged and want that baby even more.

ok funny but sad story about last nights movie choice. dh thought of this great idea to have me choose a number between 1-3 which would select the movie we watch for the night. i ended choosing the movie back-up plan. Its about this lady named Zoey (my dogs name that just passed in Sept). The lady cant find a man to settle down with and start a family so she takes matters into her own hands and does iui via donor sperm (now its a pregnancy movie after a just miscarried). as the movie goes on it tells that she's a pet shop owner and she has a Boston terrier (the breed of Zoey our Boston terrier that just passed away). within the first 10 minutes of the movie my dh felt horrible and asked me several times if we should shut it off and choose something else. I know this sounds so silly, but i found it very ironic to have so much stuff that could have made me really said bc i definitely miss my 4 legged baby very much, i would love to be pregnant and definitely wish i wouldnt have miscarried. we continued watching of course and it was a good movie. definitely makes me more encouraged and want that baby even more.

I've seen it! It's cute! Sorry about your fur baby, and you're angel baby as well!

Hey ladies, can I join your group? I've just experienced an early mc as well :( it was my second loss. I lost twins back in September at 12 weeks. I ovulated for the first time since then on Christmas, and was thrilled when I got a faint bfp 10 days later. My lines never darkened up though, and af arrived today at 4w4d. Did anybody's doctor recommend waiting ttc? Mine did, and I'm thinking I'll probably listen this time. I was told to 2 cycles back in September and I didn't. So I'm too scared not to listen this time!!! I would be devastated to have a third mc!!!!

First off, let me just say how sorry I am for your losses. It's so heartbreaking. As much as I know you want to try so badly again, I'd hate to recommend anything other than what your Dr suggested. :( He knows your history, so he probably knows what's best. I m/c at 4w5d, and my Dr at first said to just wait until I've had one normal AF. But he said he knows I've been trying for a long time and that my clock is ticking (I'm 37), so he told me it probably wouldn't be too big of a deal if I try again right away. He wasn't even sure I'd O without having AF anyway. They wouldn't let me take my clomid this month, since they thought it would be too much on my body, but he didn't make too big a deal if I wanted to try naturally. I did O today, and DH and I did BD (although I have no idea if we caught the egg in time). But your Dr probably has a good reason for telling you to wait. I know the sense of urgency you're feeling, but perhaps he feels your body needs more time to heal since you've had two...?

Oh FBG, so sorry about the ironic coincidences in the movie! Figures something like that would be in the movie right after you've lost your fur baby and had a m/c. Every time something comes on tv that even remotely resembles our type of loss, my DH acts the same way, asking if we should turn it off. I actually do want to see that movie, so I'm glad to hear its good! But I'm so sorry you were reminded of both of your losses. What a wild coincidence!

This sounds like a thread for me to join, if I may :flower:

I'm very sorry for all your losses. Not sure about anyone else, but this forum has been the only place I've been able to speak to people that know exactly how you're feeling. It's a horrible time, but knowing I'm not alone has helped me feel so much less isolated, and much more positive about the future.

My story in a nutshell...

First ever BFP on December 21st, first month TTC using charting and OPKs, so we were very lucky. everything seemed normal. 5th Jan, started spotting brown, but wasn't too concerned. Jan 7th, started bleeding lightly, but bright red...I knew this wasn't right so saw my GP who sent me home on bed rest until a scan on the 9th. Ultrasound showed an empty sac, measuring only 5w, when I was meant to be 6w 3d, and there is no way my dates are out. Hospital keep telling me they have to monitor my levels...but they're already confirmed as dropping. So I guess, I'm waiting to miscarry right now :( Wish the hospital would just give me something to speed everything up, but alas that's not the way it works. They have to be 'sure' (it's already kind of set in stone, but hey ho).

DH and I are keen to start TTC as soon as I stop bleeding. I'm still charting, so once I'm happy my evens have dropped and it's all over, it's on like donkey kong. :) it's weird how just knowing you're able to conceive spurs you on even more to try again.

Welcome. Sorry again about your loss. Glad to hear you dh and u are going to try immediately again. Here's to 2014!

ERose, I am reading your post, wondering why you are on here and not BDing! Though I finished your post and it looks like your hubby made it home. Fx'd you caught the egg!! TWW officially starts now! :)

FBG, I am so sorry to hear about your Zoey pup. I look at things like the movie as a sign, here you have so much in common with it. Lets think positive and know that it is our turn this cycle!

BebVern, I am so sorry for your loss. I find this forum very helpful in dealing with my sadness and questions. I am thankful for my first bfp because I learned a lot about myself, even though I had a horrible m/c. I know that my DH and I are able to conceive and we will have our rainbow baby very soon!

ERose, I am reading your post, wondering why you are on here and not BDing! Though I finished your post and it looks like your hubby made it home. Fx'd you caught the egg!! TWW officially starts now! :)

FBG, I am so sorry to hear about your Zoey pup. I look at things like the movie as a sign, here you have so much in common with it. Lets think positive and know that it is our turn this cycle!

I agree i felt like it was a sign. A positive sign. I am ready for my positive opks.

I agree i felt like it was a sign. A positive sign. I am ready for my positive opks.

Definitely a positive sign! Right now I just want AF to be over...this is the worst one ever. Positive opks soon, so glad ERose got hers today...now it is our turn!! :)

BebVern, so sorry for your loss. Welcome to our thread, there are some great girls here, and we certainly understand what you're going through. :hugs: I agree, getting a bfp suddenly made me even more desperate for a baby than before! I'm feeling good for us all to get BFPs again very soon!

Yes savvy, DH made it home around 2:30 my time, hooray! I just hope it was early enough! I know our chances were decreased a little since I O'd while he was out of town. We normally BD just about every day during the week of O. But we only got Wednesday night, and then Sunday as soon as he walked in the door. Fxd that we caught it in time today. I should see a temp jump tomorrow too.

ERose, it only takes one BD to get a bfp! Glad your DH made it home yesterday, I know I read somewhere that the egg can survive like 12-24 hours.
After all the traveling my DH did this past summer, I told him he isn't going anywhere without me!

:hugs:Thank you ladies for all the wonderful kind and encouraging words. I have some results today, I called the doctor and she said my BHCG level was great. It was just 8 on Friday and it is probably 0 today. I took a test today and it still said positive, so I don't know what to thing. She said the sono showed little old blood inside the uterus and she wanted to repeat the sono after my next true peroid. I guess with all that I am not pregnant this time.:nope::cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->